CHL Roster Rules

MDR30

Feb 14, 2016
Does anyone know where I can find the complete listed roster rules for CHL Major Junior teams? I've searched for it but have not yet found any. Would really appreciate any help

Javs

May 1, 2015
Anyone know if a midget eligible player in ontario can play in the QMJHL??

And if a player is dropped from their teams protection list do they need to clear waivers?

MadMax

Nov 10, 2015
Hi Javs,

Here is how it was explained to me by several knowledgeable people in this area.

A Q team must submit an admin. fee, I believe, I was told it was $500 to go along with the request to waive a released player they are interested in, through the OHL.

If said player clears waivers, he is free & clear to play for that or any subsequent team in the Q.

If said player gets picked up by another OHL team, the team must give that player a tryout & either, sign him or release him. If released, he then is free & clear to play for whomever in the Q.

I hope this helps.

Javs

May 1, 2015
Hi Javs,

Here is how it was explained to me by several knowledgeable people in this area.

A Q team must submit an admin. fee, I believe, I was told it was $500 to go along with the request to waive a released player they are interested in, through the OHL.

If said player clears waivers, he is free & clear to play for that or any subsequent team in the Q.

If said player gets picked up by another OHL team, the team must give that player a tryout & either, sign him or release him. If released, he then is free & clear to play for whomever in the Q.

I hope this helps.

So that includes releasing a players rights from the protected list?

Also do they not then go to waivers through the whole CHL (WHL/QMJHL)? If it is as you said, then does the player have an option to go to the WHL?

Thanks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad