CHL Playoff Thread

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
this is like the most depressing year of hockey for the city of ottawa in about 20 years.

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
PA Raiders giving the Blades a run!! All the series on the Eastern Conference are tried at 2 except Red Deer. Best of 3's

Ogopogo*

Went to the Oil Kings/Rebels game 4 tonight. The Kings played their ***** off but, ultimately, talent won out. The Rebels played hard as well and their talent was too much for Edmonton.

RNH played well as usual including an amazing pass from blue line to blue line right on the tape of a guy that was well covered. It did not result in a goal but, it really showed how brilliant RNH's playmaking ability is. He will be a great Oiler.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I'm on the Storm bandwagon(as always), and rooting for Sudbury to do the cinderella thing. I may have to go out to see the Wolves in Mississauga, the numbers Leivo put up are intriguing as a sleeper in this years draft. I've gotta see this kid play.

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
PA Raiders giving the Blades a run!! All the series on the Eastern Conference are tried at 2 except Red Deer. Best of 3's

And then Schenn and Hamilton show up as two parts of the Blades top line finally. 8-0 is a bold statement.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Blades kicked all kinds of ass last night.

4 PPG's in the 2nd frame, setting a new single game franchise record for PPG's in a period. 30 save shutout for Stanford. Now we just have to see if that can transfer out on the road like it failed to do in games 3 and 4.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
this is like the most depressing year of hockey for the city of ottawa in about 20 years.

I was seriously scared of a team like Ottawa in the playoffs. Atleast you have the leagues top goal and point producer. I didnt get to see any of the games or really hear much; what was the biggest downfall against the wolves?

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
did a WHL playoff sim a couple days ago, PA beat SASK, funny if it turns into a reality

R S

Sep 18, 2006
did a WHL playoff sim a couple days ago, PA beat SASK, funny if it turns into a reality

It didn't.

Blades beat PA 2-1 in OT tonight and advance to round 2. They will either meet the Brandon Wheat Kings or the Kootenay Ice.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Anyone know if a live feed will be available for the Kitchener Vs Plymouth game tonight?

(If someone can send me a PM with the link, I would be forever gratefull !!!)

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Plymouth eliminates Kitchener on an awful goal. Murphy and Landeskog who were both having huge playoffs don't get a chance to raise their stock any further in CHL play.

Jared Ramsden

Feb 28, 2002
Calgary
Anyone care to weigh in on Wedgewood's play during the series? By all accounts, it sounds like he stood on his head most nights.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Anyone care to weigh in on Wedgewood's play during the series? By all accounts, it sounds like he stood on his head most nights.

He definitely did. He was one of the two main reasons (The other is soft goals by Ranger goalies) why Plymouth won. He was always calm, very methotical. He rarely got out of position. He also seemed to have that "luck" about him, the Kitchener goalies often would give up goals in scrambles around the net, Wedgewood rarely did that (Though the first goal he let in was exactly that) Defensemen had confidence in him and it was well deserved. Hes a New Jersey prospect right? He'll do well if they continue a defensive system, he seems to excell in it.

Jared Ramsden

Feb 28, 2002
Calgary
He definitely did. He was one of the two main reasons (The other is soft goals by Ranger goalies) why Plymouth won. He was always calm, very methotical. He rarely got out of position. He also seemed to have that "luck" about him, the Kitchener goalies often would give up goals in scrambles around the net, Wedgewood rarely did that (Though the first goal he let in was exactly that) Defensemen had confidence in him and it was well deserved. Hes a New Jersey prospect right? He'll do well if they continue a defensive system, he seems to excell in it.

Yeah, I'm assuming since Kitchener switched goalies in the series that it definitely wasn't a strength. He is a NJ prospect, love to hear the positive comments on his play. The Devils are lacking in goaltending prospects, but it looks like they've got a good one coming along in Wedgewood!

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Couldn't watch tonight's game... how did Murphy play tonight?

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Was pretty strong. He was the sole reason they got the second goal but Plymouth was really hounding him and had 2-3 guys on him at sometimes.

Without him Kitchener doesn't have much of a chance in this game.

I've been trying to convince our board that landing a guy with his skill set paired with the recent picks we've made (Merrill, Urbom, Gelinas and Burlon) would be a nice mix for years to come.

I just hope Lou thinks the same way.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Landeskog and Murphy really not getting the chance to showcase their talents. Injured and cut respectively in the WJCs, then bowing out to a lower seed in the 1st round of the OHL playoffs. People will argue otherwise but I still think a lack of WJC/CHL playoff exposure tends to hurt prospects' stock on draft day, scouts are not immune from emotion and big games stick in everyone's minds.

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
Landeskog and Murphy really not getting the chance to showcase their talents. Injured and cut respectively in the WJCs, then bowing out to a lower seed in the 1st round of the OHL playoffs. People will argue otherwise but I still think a lack of WJC/CHL playoff exposure tends to hurt prospects' stock on draft day, scouts are not immune from emotion and big games stick in everyone's minds.

Well Landeskog was injured very early on in the tournament. I believe it was in the pre-tourney action. He looked impressive in his short showing though. He jumped in ranking shortly after the tourney. In Couturier's case, his longer showing exposed more flaws in his game. As such was shown in the prospects game. Maybe not his flaws as much as his playing style being more effective in his own zone. Inability to show up when the game is on the line or asked of him. Murphy on the other hand may have been hurt by not showing but at the same time his production has tailed off in the latter half whereas someone like Hopkins missed the WJC's but turned up the heat in response to the adversity of being cut. He also played an outstanding prospects game which caught a lot of onlookers eyes. So all in all it's not necessarily whether you make it or not but how you hold up or respond to the decision of making it or not making it.

I agree that they both could have used a longer look in the playoffs. It could certainly have boded well for them. Especially Landeskog.

Jared Ramsden

Feb 28, 2002
Calgary
CHL Round 2 gets started on Sportsnet tonight, Owen Sound home to NJ Devils prospect Scott Wedgewood and the Plymouth Whalers!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad