CHL Playoff Thread

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
Wow, what a game. McFadden made up for his horrid game last night and scored a hat trick, including the tying goal with 16.6 seconds to go in the third. Wolves came out in OT with Lomas-O'Dell-Jambrosich. O'Dell wins the draw, Jambrosich pushes it into the zone and fired a clapper wide. Picks up his rebound, they shove it deep, Jambrosich makes a hit down low, moves to the sideboards to take a pass. Lomas skates through the slot, Jambrosich finds him, snip, game. Lomas just fired the perfect wrister to score the OT winner after only a few seconds of play. Just amazing. Place absolutely exploded, O'Dell looked like he was almost in tears.

Ahh, damn I wish I went.

If they make it to the 2nd round I'll be going to the games for sure.

Shades of 07'? :D

DoctorDoak

Mar 21, 2006
Ontario
Anyone seen the Sudbury-Ottawa series enough to explain the 67s' collapse? Pretty shocking to see them on the verge of being swept.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Halifax, Cape-Breton, Chicoutimi, Bathurst, Val d'Or all got eliminated tonight (4gm sweep)

Gatineau won in OT vs Rimouski on goal by J-G Pageau (will be a steal in the draft). Gatineau lead the series 3-1

Lewiston won in OT vs Moncton on a goal by Etienne Brodeur. Kabanov also had a goal in the game. MaineIacs lead series 3-1

Shawinigan won 4-2 over PEI and are up 3-1 now in their series

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
How is Maxwell playing? Seems Wedgewood is having a fantastic series.

Simply put. Awful. Hes not the series saver he was last year. He has no confidence in the last minute and our coach fails to see that. The last 3 goals in the game he all should have saved and it cost us big time.

I wouldn't put it all on him though, our coach is pretty terrible and its really clear he learnt nothing from DeBoer. Murphys 17 and Spott has him playing over 40 minutes a game and hes dead tired. 17 year old defensemen don't play that much in a game, Murphys made the best of it and has taken the team on his back along with Landeskog but he can't keep at it forever with this much ice time.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Simply put. Awful. Hes not the series saver he was last year. He has no confidence in the last minute and our coach fails to see that. The last 3 goals in the game he all should have saved and it cost us big time.

I wouldn't put it all on him though, our coach is pretty terrible and its really clear he learnt nothing from DeBoer. Murphys 17 and Spott has him playing over 40 minutes a game and hes dead tired. 17 year old defensemen don't play that much in a game, Murphys made the best of it and has taken the team on his back along with Landeskog but he can't keep at it forever with this much ice time.

Thanks for the update! Out of everything you've seen from him (career wise) do you think the Avs will sign him to a ELC? (Maxwell) And holy crap Murphy playing 40 minutes a game! o_O Sounds like desperation by the coach and with all that talent too.

Ok why isn't anybody talking about McColgan now? Leading the WHL in points. Pretty good for a sliding prospect.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Thanks for the update! Out of everything you've seen from him (career wise) do you think the Avs will sign him to a ELC? (Maxwell) And holy crap Murphy playing 40 minutes a game! o_O Sounds like desperation by the coach and with all that talent too.

I'm positive Maxwell will get a contract. I don't know whats wrong with him but I can't say this awful series makes him not get a contract. It is pretty ridiculous Murphys playing that much, I wish OHL would show TOI so we can see exactly how much hes playing. It was desperation this game where we lost one of our best defensemen but the other games it was just because he was the only player who was stepping up.

Kekumba

Jan 24, 2008
Ottawa
Anyone seen the Sudbury-Ottawa series enough to explain the 67s' collapse? Pretty shocking to see them on the verge of being swept.

Game 1 - Not really sure what to say. That was just "one of those games" for both teams. Quite a few defensive blunders from Ottawa that led to goals. They scored 7 times, but they had 5....yes 5, 5-on-3's. There were some horrible calls on both sides. Sudbury was better 5-on-5 for the most part, and Mrazek let in a few poor goals. Valiquette was amazing in goal as well despite the score.

Game 2 - Sudbury domination. That's about all I can say. Without Mrazek it would have been 12-3 rather than 5-3. Again, the Ottawa D were brutal. While they couldn't get much going offensively, they did score on pretty much every decent opportunity Sudbury gave them, though. I guess that's a positive. Besides that there was basically nothing positive for Ottawa in this game. It was just a poor, poor effort.

Game 3 - Even game all throughout. I thought Ottawa got a little unlucky in the 3rd period. A delay of game and high sticking double minor put them down 5-on-3 to start the period. Sudbury scored. Then after killing a too many men on the ice penalty with four or five minutes to go, an absolutely horrible interference call with 2 minutes left allowed Sudbury to tie it late. They hit a few posts in the 2nd period while up 4-2 as well. One of those could have been huge.

For the Wolves, Sgarbossa/Kuchin/Leivo have been huge. Ottawa has a real hard time matching their speed (the whole teams speed, really).

That said, I still think Ottawa can make a series out of it. Whether that be 1 win or 3, I don't really know, but this is not the team I watched all year (25-30 games, maybe...I'm not a 67's fan, just for the record). They got slammed with injuries to end the year which doesn't help anything, but I don't really like to dwell on that.

Avery4Byng*

Kelowna sweeps Prince George 4-0 .. 2011 eligible but forgotten one, Shane McColgan leads way with 10 points in the series.

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Chilliwack beat Spokane 4-3 in OT. Lucas Gore made 54 saves on 57 shots to lead them to the win, and he now has a .934 sv% in the playoffs. In 3 games he's seen close to 167 shots. Just thought I'd share that with you guys.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Blades lost in PA last night, game 4 goes tonight with Saskatoon up 2-1.

SlowShot

Aug 19, 2007
Chilliwack beat Spokane 4-3 in OT. Lucas Gore made 54 saves on 57 shots to lead them to the win, and he now has a .934 sv% in the playoffs. In 3 games he's seen close to 167 shots. Just thought I'd share that with you guys.

Gore's been unreal this season, especially they later half. Only reason the Bruins made the playoffs. Easily the best goalie in WHL this year.

TheNorth

Better Call Saul
Feb 16, 2010
Kinda sad seeing the 20 year olds losing and there OHL careers ending...........

But who cares Missy here we come :)

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
How did ottawa get swept!? There lucky only one of there core guys are graduating this year(did martindale get signed?) so they can maybe have a chance of being a powerhouse next year again. maybe they can go deep in the playoffs if they can pull off good trade before toffoli goes to LA. Toffoli is going to absolutely destroy the chl next year imo.

Jared Ramsden

Feb 28, 2002
Calgary
Whats up with the Blades, dominant all year and now Prince Albert has tied up the series?

PA is going to have to find a way to win a game in Saskatoon, but full marks to them, they earned that one tonight. The Blades had a really hard time generating any offense after Schenn's early 3rd period goal. Raiders clogged the neutral zone and forced a lot of turnovers. They protected their 3rd period lead very well. Once the rookie Constant scored the 4th goal, it was all Raiders until the last minute or so.

It should be noted that Blades defenseman and 2011 top prospect Duncan Siemiens did not finish the game (knee or hip are the early reports). Missed more than half the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad