CHL Playoff Thread

SympathyForTheDevils

Feb 22, 2010
Quebec City
As a Tigres fan I can say that I'm really surprised that they won the first two games. Last year, Poulin was stealing game for us, but this year our goaltending is suspect at best. Luckily, Danault is playing great.

Honzik has certainly outplayed his counterpart. What a meltdown by Roy (not that his team is playing great, but still ...). In any case, great job by the speedy, hard-working Tigres. Maybe it's that they play great against the Remparts, but I always felt they were a better team than they've shown in the regular season.

It's also interesting to note that so many teams come into the playoffs with goaltending concerns. Aside from Chicoutimi and PEI, and maybe Montréal, what team is really confident about who they have between the pipes?

Ogopogo*

Made the trek down to Red Deer for game 2 of the Oil Kings/Rebels series. The Oil Kings had their moments but, the Rebels controlled the game for the most part.

This is the first time I have seen RNH play live and, although he wasn't spectacular tonight, he is a phenomenal player. Good skater, excellent passer, he digs in the corners for the puck, throws hits - he does it all. He is exactly what you want in a #1 center. I really hope the Oilers take him in June.

Red Deer has a nice arena for junior hockey. I love the smaller venues (Oil Kings play at Rexall) for the WHL, the atmosphere is phenomenal.

The Rebels are clearly superior but, the hockey is quite entertaining.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Made the trek down to Red Deer for game 2 of the Oil Kings/Rebels series. The Oil Kings had their moments but, the Rebels controlled the game for the most part.

This is the first time I have seen RNH play live and, although he wasn't spectacular tonight, he is a phenomenal player. Good skater, excellent passer, he digs in the corners for the puck, throws hits - he does it all. He is exactly what you want in a #1 center. I really hope the Oilers take him in June.

Red Deer has a nice arena for junior hockey. I love the smaller venues (Oil Kings play at Rexall) for the WHL, the atmosphere is phenomenal.

The Rebels are clearly superior but, the hockey is quite entertaining.

From the twenty minutes or so I watched in between the BoA, it actually looked like the Oil Kings were controlling the play. I know for a fact that this was the case the night before... I do however doubt that the Rebels lose, they are just a better team.

It is pretty hard to win when a kid named RNH can walk in and make four goals happen on demand.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Saskatoon was a dominant force last night. 8-1 win over the Raiders.

17 year old draft eligible forward Matej Stransky led the way with 1G and 3A. 2012 eligible dman Dalton Thrower also had 2 goals on the night.

The Blades came out on fire and didn't let up. Funny how around here, some people thought the Blades might not be able to "turn it back on" after not playing a meaningful game the last few weeks (or even months, for that matter) down the stretch of the season.

Game 2 goes tonight.

I would expect another win, but not as dominant of one.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Blades win again, 5-2 over PA...lead 2-0.

Couple decent scraps and an amazing goal by Schenn were the biggest highlights.

Saskatoon made it look easy, again, like they have all year.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Great Patrick Roy quote after his remparts were awarded 19 PP in the first 2 game of their series vs Val d'Or

Lol.. The best thing is that Val D'Or's coach agrees with him. His players are lacking discipline. A lot of lazy penalties like tripping and holding.

Ceekay

May 6, 2009
Ottawa
Sgarbossa with 1g 5a (4 primary) +6. Damn.

He was on fire for sure. Lots of nice passes to guys who were all of a sudden wide open.

67's had a tough time with the slightly larger ice and just flat out lost guys a few times. It was odd to watch. They blew 4 5-on-3's!!

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
heading to Kingston tomorrow.
With one of these.
15460.ProfessionalHeavy-DutyCornBroom_4.jpg

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
heading to Kingston tomorrow.
With one of these.
15460.ProfessionalHeavy-DutyCornBroom_4.jpg

Kingston's just been brutal in the series. Doug Gilmour's such a scam. There is no evidence whatsoever that he knows how to coach at the OHL level. His team looks so disorganized out there, you'd think they never even practice.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Kitchener beats Plymouth 3-1. Series now 2-1 for Plymouth.

Murphy really is the only reason this team isn't going to get swept.

Tonight vs Plymouth he must've played at least 35 minutes, probably over 40, he was out there every penalty kill, every powerplay, and till Kitchener toke the lead with his goal, he was out there every second shift. When he was needed he stepped up his entire game.

TheNorth

Better Call Saul
Feb 16, 2010
Petr Mrazek makes 48 saves but Ottawa loses 5-3.Pretty good game, all Sudbury needs is to get O'Dell-Foligno going and we can win this

pdxshark

Apr 26, 2006
Portland, OR
Ryan Johansen has been an absolute beast for Portland. Pretty crazy how a guy can keep improving his game when he was already quite good.

Portland may have a rough go against Spokane but I've got a feeling they can handle it. Hawks biggest complaint all season was that they had inconsistent effort, something a lot of us attributed to NHL drafted players not taking things seriously. All those players have upped their intensity and this team is playing like a force right now.

JMac13

Jan 10, 2011
Kingston's just been brutal in the series. Doug Gilmour's such a scam. There is no evidence whatsoever that he knows how to coach at the OHL level. His team looks so disorganized out there, you'd think they never even practice.

I have some Uncles that are season ticket holders in Kingston and apparently the guy still lives in Toronto and doesn't even make it out to a lot of their practices lol. Apparently Gudbranson actually told the coaching staff that essentially they were cultivating a culture of losing and that they would never win anything the way things were going. All in all Kingston is not a very well functioning team right now which is too bad because they have some good players.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Saint John beat Cape Breton 5-1 tonight. Huberdeau now has 10 points in 3 games.

Cape Breton has lost all 9 periods so far this series.

Lier X Agerate

Avs and Wolves
Oct 7, 2008
Sudbury Wolves

Wow, what a game. McFadden made up for his horrid game last night and scored a hat trick, including the tying goal with 16.6 seconds to go in the third. Wolves came out in OT with Lomas-O'Dell-Jambrosich. O'Dell wins the draw, Jambrosich pushes it into the zone and fired a clapper wide. Picks up his rebound, they shove it deep, Jambrosich makes a hit down low, moves to the sideboards to take a pass. Lomas skates through the slot, Jambrosich finds him, snip, game. Lomas just fired the perfect wrister to score the OT winner after only a few seconds of play. Just amazing. Place absolutely exploded, O'Dell looked like he was almost in tears.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
:thumbd:

I hope Disalvo is alright. The gens started out flat and stayed flat.
I dont like to take credit away from Kingston....but more often than not the gens made them look good, with slow-footed, boneheaded plays. The passes were never on. And they let moon get heated up, he has looked brutal; that is one player that you need to keep hibernated.

good job Kingston, except for the one fan who wanted to fight my friend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad