CHL Playoff Thread

Ogopogo*

Nugent-Hopkins has taken over : 2 goals, 2 assists

Red Deer leads 5-3 late in the 3rd.

RNH didn't do anything spectacular for about 50 minutes then, all of a sudden, he exploded. Great player.

Belamorte

Feed Your Head
Nov 14, 2003
North American Scum
Just got back from the Rockets - Cougars game. Rockets win 4-1. Not sure what happened or is wrong with Connolly but he only played 3 or 4 shifts in the first then was not on the bench for the rest of the game? They really missed him as it was very close, with the edge to PG until the last 10 mins.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
just got back from the Gens vs Kingston game. gens looked really good and beat the fronts 10-1. After going down 1-0, they got there act together and scored 10 unanswered goals. nearly everyone recorded a pt. Thomas with another great game for the stats sheet.

TheRedViper

Dec 12, 2008
Niagara
just got back from the Gens vs Kingston game. gens looked really good and beat the fronts 10-1. After going down 1-0, they got there act together and scored 10 unanswered goals. nearly everyone recorded a pt. Thomas with another great game for the stats sheet.

Yeah, and he only had like 2 minutes in the third lol, 2g/2a in essentially 2 periods of play.

OF17

Dec 2, 2007
en France
Just got back from the Rockets - Cougars game. Rockets win 4-1. Not sure what happened or is wrong with Connolly but he only played 3 or 4 shifts in the first then was not on the bench for the rest of the game? They really missed him as it was very close, with the edge to PG until the last 10 mins.

How was Marincin, if you don't mind?

zeus3007*

Nugent-Hopkins has taken over : 2 goals, 2 assists

Red Deer leads 5-3 late in the 3rd.

RNH didn't do anything spectacular for about 50 minutes then, all of a sudden, he exploded. Great player.

Just got home from the game. Cudos to Edmonton for dominating over half of this game, the Rebels were dominant in the first and last ten minutes, but other than that, I think Edmonton had the edge. Nugent Hopkins was a beast when it counted, he is so awesome.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Listened to the first half of that Rebels-Oil Kings game. Sounded like a great one.

Also not really shocked that Brandon won in Medicine Hat and MJ won in Kootenay.

Blades-Raiders get underway tonight!

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Yeah, and he only had like 2 minutes in the third lol, 2g/2a in essentially 2 periods of play.

Haha, yeah....they basically played the 4th line all 3rd period. At one point it looked like they kept Emerson Clark out on the 5-3 for a good 5mins. :naughty:
Kingston got quite dirty. It wasnt like the gens ran up the score either. Most of the goals were ones that could have been saved. Gudbrandson looked out of place all game. Doherty was trying too hard to rush the puck up himself. Spooner looked like he had no linemates to help out, when he was threatening

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
So you're expecting all eight top seeds to win? Not only that, but by your post it looks like you're not expecting any upsets at all in the upcoming QMJHL playoffs. Do you think only the top four teams have a realistic chance at reaching the finals?

i dont expect any upset but Victoriaville could stll beat bathurst as they did last night. and Lew/mon and shaw/pei are really close series. when you pick a team to win in 7gms that means your not too sure about your prediction. I just think Saint-John is too strong for the rest of the league as far as my overall prediction. i don't see much upset

Btw, im not sure Mtl had 2000 fans combined for the first 2 game of their series againts Halifax...wich is sad

SympathyForTheDevils

Feb 22, 2010
Quebec City
i dont expect any upset but Victoriaville could stll beat bathurst as they did last night. and Lew/mon and shaw/pei are really close series. when you pick a team to win in 7gms that means your not too sure about your prediction. I just think Saint-John is too strong for the rest of the league as far as my overall prediction. i don't see much upset

Btw, im not sure Mtl had 2000 fans combined for the first 2 game of their series againts Halifax...wich is sad

It's pretty bad, but the attendance seemed weak all across the board. It should heat up a bit once the blowouts are over and the second round begins. And it's not just in the Q either:

http://twitpic.com/4cxs86

I take it Mississauga hasn't yet caught Memorial Cup fever?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
It's pretty bad, but the attendance seemed weak all across the board. It should heat up a bit once the blowouts are over and the second round begins. And it's not just in the Q either:

Wow.

The Blades get critisized for bad crowd (even though they average over 5000 for the regular season), but that's just pathetic.

Saskatoon like expecting around 9000 tonight.

Kekumba

Jan 24, 2008
Ottawa

I wasn't going to comment on this the other night, but ugh, sad. Hopefully it picks up as they (likely) go deeper.

Will be watching Ottawa/Sudbury in a few, and then flip between the others tonight.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Saint-John has only outscored Cape-Breton 17-1 in the first 2 game of the series...

Olivier Roy is choking again. Bathurst loss its first 2 game at home againts Victo. Roy stats are 5.89gaa & 762sv% ........and victo is far from a dominant team. can't believe i pick bathurst in 5 game in this series lol

Gatineau won in OT, Quebec, Lewiston, Drumondville & PEI all won also

from friday game, 7 players were suspended from different incident.

allin4466

Apr 8, 2005
Wow, just noticed 2013 Eligible defenseman Ryan Pulock had 4 points in the win vs Medicine Hat.

Best 16 year old Brandon has seen since Wade Redden(he actually broke Reddens team record for points by a 16 year old dman).

Brandon is also a team that nobody wants to face in the playoffs. 16-8-1 in their last 25 games and coming in as a 6 seed.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Saint-John has only outscored Cape-Breton 17-1 in the first 2 game of the series...

Olivier Roy is choking again. Bathurst loss its first 2 game at home againts Victo. Roy stats are 5.89gaa & 762sv% ........and victo is far from a dominant team. can't believe i pick bathurst in 5 game in this series lol

Gatineau won in OT, Quebec, Lewiston, Drumondville & PEI all won also

from friday game, 7 players were suspended from different incident.

As a Tigres fan I can say that I'm really surprised that they won the first two games. Last year, Poulin was stealing game for us, but this year our goaltending is suspect at best. Luckily, Danault is playing great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->