CHL on sportsnet

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Anybody want to explain why the powers that be bothered airing the Soo / Sag game today? And game one of this series as well? Top ranked team in the country vs the eight seed. Easily the OHL series with the least chance of being competitive.

The Soo is up 4-0 and they are up 21-2 in shots on goal after the first period. If there was ever a reason to turn the channel, this is it.

You'd think they'd have the good sense to show more evenly ranked teams to at least have a chance at seeing a good game. Lon/OS in the west. Nia/Osh in the east. Both would have been better options IMO.

moose311

Dec 30, 2015
... Top ranked team in the country ...

There you go

You'd think they'd have the good sense to show more evenly ranked teams to at least have a chance at seeing a good game. Lon/OS in the west. Nia/Osh in the east. Both would have been better options IMO.

If they were interested in showing a competitive series, they probably would have. This is purely a showcase for the Greyhounds.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Anybody want to explain why the powers that be bothered airing the Soo / Sag game today? And game one of this series as well? Top ranked team in the country vs the eight seed. Easily the OHL series with the least chance of being competitive.

The Soo is up 4-0 and they are up 21-2 in shots on goal after the first period. If there was ever a reason to turn the channel, this is it.

Well I can tell you why they covered 2 games. The Hounds get the least coverage of any Canadian team in the leagur, mostly because Sportsnet doesn't care about anything outside of Southern Ontatio. When they finally drag their gear up here, it's worth showing 2 games.

three dog night

May 3, 2014

Because the Greyhounds are the favourite and not to many people know them and the dogs blew out the Gens today 6 to 1

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I don't care who the teams are. I wanted a competitive game. Worth watching start to finish - or at least had a chance of being competitive for the full 60.

Footage like that?? Go ahead and score those goals but to do so late in a blow out game and then celebrate like you just scored in OT is borderline taunting.

As a Ranger fan I have a huge dislike for the Knights and it was for reasons like what I saw out of the Soo yesterday.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I don't care who the teams are. I wanted a competitive game. Worth watching start to finish - or at least had a chance of being competitive for the full 60.

Footage like that?? Go ahead and score those goals but to do so late in a blow out game and then celebrate like you just scored in OT is borderline taunting.

As a Ranger fan I have a huge dislike for the Knights and it was for reasons like what I saw out of the Soo yesterday.

This all day long

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014

I'm not a fan of the showboating either, but what Saginaw did is what I hate about London. Team isn't playing well, so goon it up and try to injure players. The worst part about it is that their players never get suspended for plays that would get 10 games on other teams. I guess that's a rather obvious example of what money can do for you.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
And blatant ignorance is what we hate about Soo fans. Led by your buddy DWI.
Keep showboating, maybe Middleton will go out in a blaze of glory.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
And blatant ignorance is what we hate about Soo fans. Led by your buddy DWI.
Keep showboating, maybe Middleton will go out in a blaze of glory.

Hating an entire city of people based on one person. Very logical indeed.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad