CHL on Sportsnet Team Appreciation Thread

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
As a Canadian that enjoys junior hockey to keep tabs on top prospects, I do try to catch CHL games on SN when I can. I think the group they have that covers junior hockey is fantastic and enjoyable to follow.

First off, RJ Broadhead, Sam Cosentino, and Rob Faulds are awesome to listen to, especially RJ. Genuine commentary that follows the play, doesn't mess up player names, and has the better end of many epic calls. Cosentino offers some good insight and Faulds is a great host IMO. Kyle Rau, the young, I think asks great questions and isn't a robotic personality. He's quite good too.

On the panel, you have Jeff Marek who does awesome work but is criminally robbed of overall airtime on SN. There's other guys like Warriner and Armstrong who I personally like on the panel. Good sense of humour and insight but aren't disagreeable or dumbfounded. There's Hirsch but he's meh. Not really a fan of Shannon. I'm probably forgetting a couple others.

I was hoping that some CHL watchers out there would agree with me in the sense that these men do some underappreciated on-air work. :nod: :handclap:

Last edited:

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
I watch it faithfully and am most grateful for the opportunity to see the eastern teams. I used to split my work evenly between B.C and Ontario and had the opportunity to cover 2 of the 3 leagues attending in person but not anymore.
I'd like to see them add a regular Sunday game as well.

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
Genuine commentary that follows the play, doesn't mess up player names, and has the better end of many epic calls.

I, uh, I don't know about that... They do a lot better with the O and the Dub, I guess... I'm not sure if it was specifically them, but I've heard somebody on SN mispronounce the name of a team!

It is good that somebody is bringing regular National broadcasts of the CHL the the airwaves though. If only we could start getting occasional Jr A games too.

overtheboards

Oct 24, 2010
I, uh, I don't know about that... They do a lot better with the O and the Dub, I guess... I'm not sure if it was specifically them, but I've heard somebody on SN mispronounce the name of a team!

It is good that somebody is bringing regular National broadcasts of the CHL the the airwaves though. If only we could start getting occasional Jr A games too.

If you have the sports pak , there's the occasional junior A game from the ojhl on there.
Wish sportsnet would stop with the pre period interviews and on the bench interviews with the coaches as it delays the games which already play under NHL tv stoppage rules oppose to the 1 mid way through the period stoppage that all other major junior games play under.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Honest question here but given that Sportsnet has like 6-7 channels why don't they show more CHL? You figure a night like this they could show the Seattle - Regina game, while tomorrow they could show the Erie-Mississauga game at 4PM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad