CHL/NHL TOP PROSPECTS GAME -JAN 19th (in Toronto)

torontosports10

Mar 6, 2009
Two scary things on that play:

1. RNH looked like he was going at 3/4 speed.

2. That saucer pass was picture perfect. 3 inches off the ice and right on the tape.

Also Phillips taking a big hit to make the initial pass to RNH to get the odd man rush going.

Always love it when someone takes a hit for the betterment of the team

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Great play by Siemens to step up on a 3 on 1 and knock the puck away.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Hasn't there been a fight like 5 or 6 years in a row?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they actually happen pretty often. I remember McIlrath knocking out Petrovic last year.

This isn't a prissy all star game. These kids want to make a name for themselves.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Musil is playing well, as is Siemens. Both made great plays on odd-man rushes against and dropped the mitts. It would be great if Musil was as nasty as Siemens, but it seems that it's a rare commodity.

Yeah I have also liked Musil tonight.

And to be honest, I always brag up Siemens, especially when comparing him to Dougie Hamilton. But Hamilton has looked very good tonight too. Very solid two way defenseman.

Not as nasty as Siemens, but still very good. Better offensive instincts too.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Reece Scarlett has impressed me. The kid hasn't made a bad play yet, and has stepped up and looked fairly solid a few times.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they actually happen pretty often. I remember McIlrath knocking out Petrovic last year.

This isn't a prissy all star game. These kids want to make a name for themselves.

Yup, the McIlrath/Petrovic fight was a beauty. 2 years ago there was a fight but I can't remember who it was. Also, 3 years ago I was at the game in Edmonton and Stamkos fought right at centre ice near the end of the game after he lit all the defenders up all night. IIRC, Phaneuf fought one year and I think Barker did as well back in the day.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Anyone who watches RNH do you think he would be a good center for Kovalchuk?

The kid is a great skater and a phenominal playmaker, so I think he will excel the most being put in the middle of pure goal scorers in the NHL.

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
That RNH pass looked exactly like a Henrik to Daniel Sedin pass i've seen repeatedly (sorry non- Canuck fans couldn't help myself;))

Really interesting group of d-men this year:)

The Hulk

Dec 22, 2010
Beaulieu is playing a real solid game.

Kinda wonder why Huberdeau and Phillips aren't on the same line, seeing as they have been all year. Maybe want to see what they can do without each other.

Im assuming they want to see what they can do with out each other (or what Phillips can do without Huberdeau)

Im really impressed with all 4 seadogs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->