CHL/NHL TOP PROSPECTS GAME -JAN 19th (in Toronto)

pdxshark

Apr 26, 2006
Portland, OR

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Jurco was great again but i dont know if its from watching him a tons the last 2 years but nothing amazed me anymore :laugh:

I like Bartschi one handed move. probably my favorite move from tonight

btw ,the crowd at the ACC tonight :shakehead chl fail right there

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
btw ,the crowd at the ACC tonight :shakehead chl fail right there

Yeah, that was embarassing Goes to show you if it's not the Leafs or Team Canada, Tornto has no interest in it. Hopefully there's a respectable crowd for the actual game.

Was there last night. Was only a couple thousand (I think) there. The evening kind of dragged on, and the blond gal and Dennis Beyak were pretty annoying.

Was really looking forward to the 3-on-3 but they screwed that up by having timed shifts. Which lead to the buzzer going off on breakaways, odd man rushes etc.

Another puzzling aspect was having three girls as judges for the breakway competition. I guess it made too much sense to have some of the ex pro's judging it?

Oh well, tonights game should be great.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Usually it is some lesser hyped/ranled guy that s player of theGame not the expected top -ranked "stars"..

Which lesser light will steal the show toniight? What the hey --I'm guessing but I'll say LUCAS LESSIO...I'll lbe shocked though, if RNH is Player of the Game.Rarely does the the highest ranked guy in the game "shine" enough to be POTG...

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
I'm not sure who had the brilliant idea to host this at ACC. The game and skills competitions don't sell out a CHL arena, and the ticket prices for ACC were obscene. Expect slightly better (but not much better) attendance tonight.

Maybe they get some crazy discount from the owners of the ACC/MLSE to help hold it there. I understand from a money stand point it doesnt really make sense but as a player in the game I think it would be a thrill to get to play at the ACC. Maybe they take the hit to provide the bonus of playing in an NHL rink for the best in the CHL? Just a theory...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm not sure who had the brilliant idea to host this at ACC. The game and skills competitions don't sell out a CHL arena, and the ticket prices for ACC were obscene. Expect slightly better (but not much better) attendance tonight.

Eh, we went to the one in 2000 at the ACC and it wasn't all that bad, similarly '96-98 at the Gardens. It wasn't great attendance, but something in the 10-13K range IIRC. Kitchener in '03 was packed and we were lucky to have pre-ordered tickets. '04 in London had a snowstorm cutting down on some travel, but it was well attended and IIRC sold out.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
they're wearing their own junior jersey numbers, which is a bit weird because teammates will be able to have the same number.

Really? That seems weird and hard for the broadcasters.

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
they're wearing their own junior jersey numbers, which is a bit weird because teammates will be able to have the same number.

I'm not so sure about that, one of the highlights from the skills comp above showed Strome wearing #16, while in Niagara he wears 18? Perhaps that was just for the skills?

Jaysfanatic*

I was just at the ACC passing through, and I saw a bunch of Leafs fans there, I know because they had the jerseys on. So I went up to them and asked if they were scouting for Boston's next top superstar. They were not happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad