CHL/NHL Prospects Game Jan.17

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Is a player like Turris eliminated because he is not in the CHL. Is there a hard and fast rule on that?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Additions and substractions for Wednesday's Prospects Game.

Add: Nick Spaling (Kitchener), David Perron (Lewiston), Stefan Legein (Mississauga)

Substract: Oliver Fortier (Rimouski), Maxime Tanguay (Rimouski) and Spencer Machacek (Vancouver) all 3 hurt.

I know somebody who will be happy....good job Turnbuckle!

Surprised not to see Subban, Spaling and Legein from the OHL either; all three are being highly considered as second-round talents by pro scouts and McKeen's staff alike.

Last edited:

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
Additions and substraction for Wednesday's Prospects Game.

Add: Nick Spaling (Kitchener), David Perron (Lewiston), Stefan Legein (Mississauga)

Substract: Oliver Fortier (Rimouski), Maxime Tanguay (Rimouski) and Spencer Machacek (Vancouver) all 3 hurt.

Machacek had his bell rung on Saturday night, Ryan Kerr ('07) crushed him, got 5 for elbowing but I watched the replay again today and it was more of a shoulder to the head.

NeverGoingToWin

Jul 24, 2004
Why wouldn't they have put Gagner and Kane on the same team? Do you think they want to see how they will play without the other?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Why wouldn't they have put Gagner and Kane on the same team? Do you think they want to see how they will play without the other?

From what I understand the teams are picked by the coaches from the list, but I thought that's what they said they did during the first game, not sure if they still do it like that.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
While it is true that the rosters are submitted by the NHL teams requesting to see certain players and NOT by the CSS rankings--it is very intersting to see several D-men in the game who are only rated 2nd rounders by CSS and in some cases even only ranked as low as 47(Negrin) ,52 (Marshall) and 56th (Plante)NA skaters by Central Scouting --unfortunately their 58th ranked NA skater,D-man Yannick Weber of Kitchener was NOT SELECTED --but he might be a better talent than some of the D-men in the game---certainly that highlight reel end to end rush right up the middle of the ice at blinding speed that he showed in the Kitchener vs. Ottawa game on Sunday was a jaw dropping display of talent--I don't know that Katic (#60 NA skater)is any better than that and Weber though about the same height weighs 15 lbs more than Katic--also David Stich was invited (CSS has himat #73 NA skater)--so poor old Yannick Weber seems to have gotten the shaft yet his stats are pretty good:
8g+14a=22pts in just 28GP...not getting the opportunity in the Top Prospects Game
could hurt his draft position--but I'm sure some wise NHl team may realize he might be better than some of the d-men in the game even ranked ahead of him by CSS..

Too bad we wont have the opportunity to measure this in a direct comparison If he had been invited to the game...

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
While it is true that the rosters are submitted by the NHL teams requesting to see certain players and NOT by the CSS rankings--it is very intersting to see several D-men in the game who are only rated 2nd rounders by CSS and in some cases even only ranked as low as 47(Negrin) ,52 (Marshall) and 56th (Plante)NA skaters by Central Scouting --unfortunately their 58th ranked NA skater,D-man Yannick Weber of Kitchener was NOT SELECTED --but he might be a better talent than some of the D-men in the game---certainly that highlight reel end to end rush right up the middle of the ice at blinding speed that he showed in the Kitchener vs. Ottawa game on Sunday was a jaw dropping display of talent--I don't know that Katic (#60 NA skater)is any better than that and Weber though about the same height weighs 15 lbs more than Katic--also David Stich was invited (CSS has himat #73 NA skater)--so poor old Yannick Weber seems to have gotten the shaft yet his stats are pretty good:
8g+14a=22pts in just 28GP...not getting the opportunity in the Top Prospects Game
could hurt his draft position--but I'm sure some wise NHl team may realize he might be better than some of the d-men in the game even ranked ahead of him by CSS..

Too bad we wont have the opportunity to measure this in a direct comparison If he had been invited to the game...
He wasn't invited because he was draft eligible for last draft. I believe the top prospects game is only for prospects in there 1st year of draft eligibility

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
He wasn't invited because he was draft eligible for last draft. I believe the top prospects game is only for prospects in there 1st year of draft eligibility

Nope! It's his first year of eligibility. Yanick Weber was born in september 23, 1988.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Machacek had his bell rung on Saturday night, Ryan Kerr ('07) crushed him, got 5 for elbowing but I watched the replay again today and it was more of a shoulder to the head.

Kerr got a 1 game suspension for that hit, announced by the league today.

Maybe off subject, but what about Ryan Kerr, will anyone take a chance on him in the upcoming NHL draft in spite of his pretty much poor play in the WHL; simply based off of potential?

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada

I want to see what Max Tanguay's got, because if hes anything like his brother, it sounds NICE;)

turnbuckle*

You've got that right.;) We have Spaling in the top 30, Legein 31st and Perron 46th overall (including Euros) so we were hoping to see them at the prospects game.

petrklima85

Apr 13, 2006
HAMILTON, ONTARIO
How many of the guys on the final roster are American.......I know there a handful in Kane and Jeremy Smith, but who else should I keep a red, white and blue eye out on tonight.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
How many of the guys on the final roster are American.......I know there a handful in Kane and Jeremy Smith, but who else should I keep a red, white and blue eye out on tonight.

Bowman
Smith
Kane
Palmieri
Blum

* Gratchev-raised in the U.S. but considers himself Russian.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
You've got that right.;) We have Spaling in the top 30, Legein 31st and Perron 46th overall (including Euros) so we were hoping to see them at the prospects game.
I'm interested to see how Spaling matches up too. He's playing well with two OA's this year, but it's hard to say whether the entire line is good or whether he's feeding off of the other two.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Moller with the first goal, but credit goes to Veilleux for causing the turnover. Still, very nice shot by Moller, he's my favorite for rising late in the season.

Hamill has also looked impressive early, IMO.

Bashkirov scores on a nice move by Aliu.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad