Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
He's AHL eligible next year. From what you've seen is he ready?

I'm more of the opinion that he should stay in juniors another year.

It depends what the Devils philosophy under Shero is with regards to player development.

The transition from junior to pro can be quite a difficult adjustment for some. I think he’s got speed, plays with grit and has a decent scoring touch. His totals have increased from year one to year two.

He probably needs to get stronger but that’s not unexpected for a kid who is 19.

I don’t necessarily think it would be a bad thing for him to get one more year in junior hockey. Odds are if he came back to Hamilton, they would deal him to a contender so he could get another shot at a deep playoff run which is great for experience. That Dogs will be a much different club next year.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I didn't have anything against SSM, but I spent a little too much time arguing with one person on HF who insisted that SSM would wipe the floor with any NCAA team solely based on the number of NHL picks they boasted. Most of us were quick to point out that the NCAA is a different animal with 18-23 year olds rather than 16-20. There were other examples of NCAA teams which had a bunch of future stars but got eliminated by older clubs. But the other guy remained incredulous. So it's at least amusing that SSM got knocked off by a team which wasn't loaded with guys with big pedigrees. [/coolstorybro]

Will be fun to get to watch these guys when NHL Network picks up the Memorial Cup. I wouldn't be surprised to see Regina win it as the host city and they've been sitting on the sidelines for a month.

Reactions: Darkauron

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
I didn't have anything against SSM, but I spent a little too much time arguing with one person on HF who insisted that SSM would wipe the floor with any NCAA team solely based on the number of NHL picks they boasted. Most of us were quick to point out that the NCAA is a different animal with 18-23 year olds rather than 16-20. There were other examples of NCAA teams which had a bunch of future stars but got eliminated by older clubs. But the other guy remained incredulous. So it's at least amusing that SSM got knocked off by a team which wasn't loaded with guys with big pedigrees. [/coolstorybro]

Will be fun to get to watch these guys when NHL Network picks up the Memorial Cup. I wouldn't be surprised to see Regina win it as the host city and they've been sitting on the sidelines for a month.
Yeah, Regina took Swift Current to seven games in round one and they are older than the other three teams. They'll need better goaltending though.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Sissons with two secondary assists after one period, Broncos lead 2-1 over Acadie-Bathurst

Big penalty kill shift from Sissons, got stuck out there for the full 2 minutes and had a couple of nice blocks and some good stick work

Last edited:

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Hell of a shift from Studenic. Hits crossbar from the high slot, then in his own zone, edges out Sam Steel in the corner for a loose puck, and carries it through all three zones to set up the tying goal. He won't get an assist, but it was a great effort from him all-around. I've been impressed by his strength along the boards too.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Just comparing him to Lias Andersson who went 7th OA last year.

PPG is pretty similar; S/G are similar. Boqvist shot like 7% while Andersson shot over 15%.

Andersson has him on defensive play and intangibles; but Boqvist has more room to grow into his body. Pretty encouraging.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Just comparing him to Lias Andersson who went 7th OA last year.

PPG is pretty similar; S/G are similar. Boqvist shot like 7% while Andersson shot over 15%.

Andersson has him on defensive play and intangibles; but Boqvist has more room to grow into his body. Pretty encouraging.

As we all know, SHL scoring is directly correlated to NHL scoring so by my calculations he’s already better than anyone is his draft class except Matthews.

Reactions: Darkauron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad