Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Am I nuts to think that Chainey may have put himself onto the NHL prospect radar screen with a nice finish once management realizes just how young he is?

I mean i think they are very aware with what they have with Chainey. They have been making some great late round picks lately

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I mean i think they are very aware with what they have with Chainey. They have been making some great late round picks lately

If he was a month younger and getting drafted this season I’d be curious what round he would project to? I think what I inartfully meant in my prior post was that he went from a “meh” prospect to a “he may project to have a possible NHL future if he develops from the player he was in the playoffs” prospect. That’s a big change but I may be looking at a small sample size. He and Talvite certainly seemed to project as good picks for the round they were drafted.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
If he was a month younger and getting drafted this season I’d be curious what round he would project to? I think what I inartfully meant in my prior post was that he went from a “meh” prospect to a “he may project to have a possible NHL future if he develops from the player he was in the playoffs” prospect. That’s a big change but I may be looking at a small sample size. He and Talvite certainly seemed to project as good picks for the round they were drafted.

Ah yeah true true. I think maybe just ignoring and looking at his production he has a pretty good nhl potential for sure. And if he was a bit younger I think that perhaps maybe like a 2nd or 3rd round pick. It is definitely good that we have a couple good LD prospects.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Worse shot than Severson by far.

Assuming his shot could be raised to a reasonable standard how would he project as a prospect? Potential bottom pair NHL player? Bottom four NHL defender? Alternatively how would he compare to the current group of defense prospects the Devils have in the pipeline? Curious because it appears he might be a potential NHL player which even as a 7th guy would be a great story for a final round pick.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Assuming his shot could be raised to a reasonable standard how would he project as a prospect? Potential bottom pair NHL player? Bottom four NHL defender? Alternatively how would he compare to the current group of defense prospects the Devils have in the pipeline? Curious because it appears he might be a potential NHL player which even as a 7th guy would be a great story for a final round pick.

Schlemko type player, not offensive or defensive, just a transition guy.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Schlemko type player, not offensive or defensive, just a transition guy.

Getting a Schlemko level player at the NHL level from a low round pick would be a wonderful story. That's actually really impressive. I like the idea of Nico having a friend with something of a shared background on the team. Similarly, the Hellickson and Anderson shared background story is fun. Thanks as always for sharing your thoughts. Really appreciated.

Reactions: Darkauron

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Getting a Schlemko level player at the NHL level from a low round pick would be a wonderful story. That's actually really impressive. I like the idea of Nico having a friend with something of a shared background on the team. Similarly, the Hellickson and Anderson shared background story is fun. Thanks as always for sharing your thoughts. Really appreciated.
I don't think a Schlemko type player is likely, at this point an AHL defensmen happening more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->