Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Who does that remind you of?

Not too sure, you tell me :laugh:

Projected to finish 4th or 5th in the 5 team BC division.
Was at the game last night and you are watching one of the only two good things he did the entire night. Made a good deke 1 on 1 and then hit the post. Spent the rest of the night floating between the red line and offensive blue line. No back check at all. Trying to go 1 on 3 more than a couple times refusing to use open team mates. great skill set but just refuses to put an effort in unless it's a clear scoring chance

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
It's not that hard of a guess...what other Russian do you know that wears #17 with a big slapshot (even though we rarely saw it AS a Devil) lol

I just took in he's #17 too :laugh:

He'll be our most hated prospect in no time

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
They need to get Big Papa the heck away from Prince George. That team is gonna blow this year and could hurt his development.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
They need to get Big Papa the heck away from Prince George. That team is gonna blow this year and could hurt his development.

Could be a good chance for him to develop some leadership qualities in the face of adversity.

DevsFan30

Oct 21, 2004
New York
Thursday's Activity:

QMJHL:
Jocktan Chainey - 1 assist (PP), +1, 2 hits in Halifax's 4-1 win at Saint John

OHL:
Evan Cormier - loss, stopped 32 of 34 shots in Saginaw's 3-1 loss at Windsor

Friday's Activity:

WHL:
Nikita Popugaev - 1 goal (PP), -1, 3rd star in Prince George's 4-2 loss vs. Spokane

Colby Sissons - +3, 4 PIM (trip, coinc. rough) in Swift Current's 5-2 win at Saskatoon

Saturday's Activity:

OHL:
Marian Studenic - E, 1 shot in Hamilton's 4-1 loss vs Niagara

Evan Cormier - OT loss, stopped 24 of 27 shots in Saginaw's 3-2 OT loss vs. London

QMJHL:
Jocktain Chainey - E, 2 PIM (check to head), 2 shots, 2 hits in Halifax's 3-2 win at Charlottetown

WHL:
Nikita Popugaev - -3 in Prince George's 5-1 loss vs. Spokane

Reactions: Classic Devil

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
The Swift Current Broncos played the Regina Pats last night. Colby Sissons (#2) was on the top defensive pairing for Swift Current and was excellent against one of the best teams in the WHL. He's got good potential as a two-way defenseman at the next level. You can really see why we signed him to an entry-level contract after going undrafted...he just continues to make good progress in his development. He's still a bit lanky and is working on adding more muscle to his frame, but his skating is very good, his reads are good, and he can transition the puck up the ice. He doesn't need to be physical, but could stand to improve his one-on-one battles. There was a goal that Swift Current scored that was a direct result of his controlled entry into the offensive zone. I thought he was going to get an assist on the play, but he passed it to a forward directly after gaining the zone.

He even scored a goal on a bomb of a one-timer:

)

Overall it was a very solid and promising game for Sissons, which is just building off of his stellar playoff performance last season. He's still 19, but I think this is his last season in juniors if he continues this pace of progression.

Reactions: Triumph

redrobin

Sep 28, 2017
Hi everyone! I've been lurking on y'all for years, but as of now I'm posting as well. I'm swedish, so along all the Devils hockey, I watch a lot from the swedish league. Will obviously keep an eye on Boqvist (as he returns from injury) and Zetterlund. If you have any other requests, questions - about prospects or anything else - concerning the swedish of finnish leagues, feel free to ask or pm me.

Reactions: HBK27 and Aethon

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Hi everyone! I've been lurking on y'all for years, but as of now I'm posting as well. I'm swedish, so along all the Devils hockey, I watch a lot from the swedish league. Will obviously keep an eye on Boqvist (as he returns from injury) and Zetterlund. If you have any other requests, questions - about prospects or anything else - concerning the swedish of finnish leagues, feel free to ask or pm me.

Awesome! We look forward to your updates. It harder for us to follow prospects overseas, perhaps part of the reason why Jesper Bratt took us by surprise this fall.

Reactions: redrobin

DevsFan30

Oct 21, 2004
New York
Wednesday's Activity:

QMJHL:
Jocktan Chainey - +2, 2 PIM (coinc. unsportsmanlike), 1 shot, 1 hit in Halifax's 5-3 loss at Acadie-Bathurst

WHL:
Colby Sissons - 1 goal, +1, 2 PIM (interference), 3 shots in Swift Current's 5-3 win at Regina

Reactions: Classic Devil

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Sissons was absolutely atrocious at the prospects showcase, but I don't want to judge a guy based on a few exhibition games. Hopefully he's a long-term project and has a slow but steady development path.

DevsFan30

Oct 21, 2004
New York
Friday's Activity:

OHL:
Evan Cormier - win, shutout, stopped all 27 shots, 1st star in Saginaw's 4-0 win vs. Ottawa

Marian Studenic - E, 2 shots in Hamilton's 2-0 win at Mississauga

WHL:
Nikita Popugaev - 1 assist (PP), -2, 9 shots in Prince George's 5-1 loss at Seattle

redrobin

Sep 28, 2017
Fabian Zetterlund (3rd round pick 2017) played his fourth game today, for Färjestad in the Swedish Hockey League. In these four games, he spent time either in the 4th line or as 13th forward, averaging 6:45 of ice time. So far: no points, 2 shots on goal, +2. As things look right now, he'll probably have to earn more ice time, unless injuries bring open spots.

Last edited:

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Colby Sissons had 1G+1A in Swift Current's 7-2 win over Brandon.

Both points were lucky... bounced into the net off of Brandon players. However he was skating well... joined the rush through the neutral zone a good number of times and did a good job gaining the offensive zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->