Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA and European 2019-20 Prospects Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Hey Devils fans, I'm a big fan of Jesper Boqvist but I've only managed to see 1 game that he's played in this season and his minutes were low. I'm assuming he hasn't made much of an impact (possibly due to lack of opportunity) so I would have thought that he would have gotten some reps in the AHL by now. Or does he have the option to go to back to Sweden if he's assigned to the AHL?

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Hey Devils fans, I'm a big fan of Jesper Boqvist but I've only managed to see 1 game that he's played in this season and his minutes were low. I'm assuming he hasn't made much of an impact (possibly due to lack of opportunity) so I would have thought that he would have gotten some reps in the AHL by now. Or does he have the option to go to back to Sweden if he's assigned to the AHL?
Its either NHL or Sweden for him.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

just scored his first goal

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I'm starting to think maybe the AHL is a lot less relevant than it used to be. Seems like most above average prospects make the jump straight from CHL/NCAA/Europe to the NHL these days. Top prospects just don't go to the A anymore. It's mostly become a league to keep veteran injury call-ups warm.

Reactions: NjDevsRR and Billdo

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm starting to think maybe the AHL is a lot less relevant than it used to be. Seems like most above average prospects make the jump straight from CHL/NCAA/Europe to the NHL these days. Top prospects just don't go to the A anymore. It's mostly become a league to keep veteran injury call-ups warm.

You still cook middle of the lineup guys on the cheap there, but yeah top prospects don’t go there, or if they do they aren’t there more then a year.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
It is pretty telling when all of our juniors/NCAA/European prospects seem to be doing well but the AHL players are in the toilet.
is that an indicator for our draft picks? or is it just the leagues?

we had a lot of guys who did well in juniors and NCAA, and when they came to the AHL, they've been subpar. remember all the hype mcleod, gignac, zetterlund, and studenic had? reality is that bing just sucks

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
is that an indicator for our draft picks? or is it just the leagues?

we had a lot of guys who did well in juniors and NCAA, and when they came to the AHL, they've been subpar. remember all the hype mcleod, gignac, zetterlund, and studenic had? reality is that bing just sucks

None of those guys had major hype. Their numbers suggested they could potentially become useful players but nothing earth shattering.

Reactions: Tretyak 20

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
so which of our guys are currently earth shattering (other than ty)

Last year’s draft was lots of infrastructure. Defensive defensemen and a goalie took up a number of picks. Of course HUGHES up top but he is an NHL player at this point. The THOMPSON pick seems to be a good one. He’s scoring at a high rate in the NCAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad