Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA and European 2019-20 Prospects Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Really excited about him. When is a realistic timeframe for him to play in the NHL?

I would guess he comes over as soon as his KHL contract is up, and considering our blue line depth could probably make the team right away.

Just went back and watched his post-draft interview. Said he has three more years on his contract with Yaroslav. So unless he has an NHL out clause, it will be two more years after this season.

Last edited:

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
Ty Smith looks terrible so far in the two games I have seen Canada/Russia series. He isn't a good enough skater, I think he lost speed from last year. This is looking more and more like a Kris Russell case the more I watch him. He is getting out muscled in the corner, not moving the puck overly effective and not rushing the puck all that well.

Didn't you read someone's post that this year he's just coasting as he has nothing to prove anymore in that age group.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I would guess he comes over as soon as his KHL contract is up, and considering our blue line depth could probably make the team right away.

Just went back and watched his post-draft interview. Said he has three more years on his contract with Yaroslav. So unless he has an NHL out clause, it will be two more years after this season.

We actually discussed this shortly after the draft and some of us were speculating that the only reason he fell to the third round was because of the 3 year KHL contract.

Reactions: Tretyak 20

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
We actually discussed this shortly after the draft and some of us were speculating that the only reason he fell to the third round was because of the 3 year KHL contract.

Makes sense. From what I've read and seen, his potential is as a #2 or #3 D on a good team. Kinda reminds me of a prime Dennis Seidenberg, with possibly better skating. Behind Hughes he's actually the prospect I'm most excited about from this draft.

Reactions: PizzaAndPucks

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Ty Thompson with a goal and an assist, now 18 points in 11 games. Aarnie Talvitie with a goal 2 assists for 12 points in 10 games. Both have middle 6 potential.

Talvite reminds me Somewhat of a smaller Zacha who plays with more determination. That’s a stylistic comparison only. Some may think thats pretty meh but recall Talvite was a low pick. If Zacha has come out of the late rounds he’d look like a revelation comparatively.
Talvite makes up for what he lacks in size with confidence and smarts which how is is different than Zacha to me. I have always enjoyed watching Talvite play and think he’d be a great addition to a NJ middle six.

Reactions: Oneiro and Billdo

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Pronman had an article on biggest risers from the 2019 draft, which he described as a prospect he's seen has improved his stock and there would be a general consensus from scouts that the player would go higher in a redraft (Pronman says he considers a riser someone that would go about 30 picks higher).

Pronman: Biggest risers from the 2019 NHL Draft

Devils have 2 of the 12 prospects on the list:

Nikola Pasic, RW, New Jersey
No. 189 overall
I didn’t think much of Pasic when I watched him the past two seasons. He looked like an undersized forward with average skating ability and nice, but not great skill. I think that’s still true, but I underrated how good his hockey sense was, which has led to success in the second division Swedish league this season. Pasic makes a lot of plays and has two-way value. He should be a prominent player for Sweden at the world juniors.

Tyce Thompson, RW, New Jersey
No. 96 overall
Thompson has been hot out of the gates, as a leader in most NCAA offensive categories, including goals, points and shots on goal. He was a player who intrigued last season, scouts talked about him a fair amount, but when I saw him nothing about his game truly stood out. Providence coach Nate Leaman pointed to improvements in Thompson’s shot (he has nine goals in 12 games this season – one more than all last season) and praised his playmaking ability; whereas NHL scouts have noted his skating has gained an extra step. When I saw him a few weeks ago he did look notably quicker than the player I saw a season ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->