Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA and European 2018-19 Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Also, looking at the stats Smith is tied for the team lead in points. The person he's tied with has 8 more games played.

Reactions: My3Sons

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I had no idea Walsh was that highly regarded

I don't know if he's really highly regarded league wide, but he does put up a lot of points which is what that chart is basically showing. It'll be interesting to see what Shero does with this defense because between our current group and our prospects we have a lot offensive defensemen.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Walsh is definitely fairly highly touted

go back to the deadline from last year and Shero said that teams were asking for some of his prospects that he wasnt going to give up. I think we know who hes referring to.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Looking forward to adding Smith and Walsh. Shero will have to add support around them but this is very encouraging. Another A+ for Castron.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I thought Jeremy Davies was pretty highly rated at this point too. I guess not enough to get himself into the top 30.

That list is an rating based on that person's NHL-equivalency metric, not really an actual rating of prospects. Though it'd be interesting to see how they get those numbers across the different NCAA divisions. Davies has 16 points in 16 games, whereas Fabbro has 13 in 16 games. I'm not well-versed in the NCAA so I don't have much insight to offer there.

Walsh is definitely fairly highly touted

go back to the deadline from last year and Shero said that teams were asking for some of his prospects that he wasnt going to give up. I think we know who hes referring to.

Yeah, I think people around the league value him but I think the chart may be a misrepresentation of that. Not saying that's what the chart is displaying, just that it may be confusing without context.

Reactions: Verdoux

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
It's funny how some here complain about our blue liners here and how they can't play defense, but also hate the idea of defensive defensemen like Mueller or Santini, and want more offensive guys. I mean, it would be great to have players that can do both, but those are the elite players that are very hard to come by.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
That list is an rating based on that person's NHL-equivalency metric, not really an actual rating of prospects. Though it'd be interesting to see how they get those numbers across the different NCAA divisions. Davies has 16 points in 16 games, whereas Fabbro has 13 in 16 games. I'm not well-versed in the NCAA so I don't have much insight to offer there.

Yeah, I think people around the league value him but I think the chart may be a misrepresentation of that. Not saying that's what the chart is displaying, just that it may be confusing without context.
Age is a huge factor in equivalency numbers.

Davies is 22
Fabbro is 20

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad