CHL Launches Search for new President

BadgerBruce

Aug 8, 2013
Stumbled across this while looking for something else:
CHL commences search for first full-time President – Ontario Hockey League

“Gilles Courteau, Ron Robison and I look forward to working with the new president and continuing to grow the game and the experience for our key stakeholders: our players,” said Branch, who will continue in his role as Commissioner of the OHL.

The search, which is being conducted by an outside firm, is expected to be completed prior to the 2019/20 hockey season.

BadgerBruce

Aug 8, 2013
I can’t find an active link for this, but about a year or so ago the CHL moved from more or less voluntary umbrella organization to incorporation.

My guess is that the new President will also be the CEO and that the search firm will likely try to find someone with corporate board and marketing leadership experience, given that the job isn’t really one requiring deep “hockey experience.” It’s pretty much a business job since the leagues themselves run Hockey Ops more less independently.

I do wonder if this move is step 1 in David Branch’s inevitable withdrawal from junior hockey leadership. He’s led the OHL since 1979 and is now 71.

Interesting times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad