CHL Import Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golbez

monster_bertuzzi said:
Giants GM just confirmed that both Meszaros and Schwarz are comfertable with coming to America, and would like to develope in the CHL.

There is no way in hell that Schwarz is coming over... I'd bet my house on it :)

He's stated clearly to the media in the Czech Republic that he had no interest in the CHL and was fully committed to his new Czech team (Trinec)

It would be to his advantage to play as a #1 goalie in the Czech League over the inferior CHL.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Golbez said:
There is no way in hell that Schwarz is coming over... I'd bet my house on it :)

He's stated clearly to the media in the Czech Republic that he had no interest in the CHL and was fully committed to his new Czech team (Trinec)

It would be to his advantage to play as a #1 goalie in the Czech League over the inferior CHL.

Marek is coming over.

Can I have the keys to your house?

Golbez

Schlep Rock said:
Marek is coming over.

Can I have the keys to your house?

You can kiss my Slovak booty, first :)

Show me some proof. I'd be shocked if he came over.
As a vancouverite, I'd be happy
as a Trinec-fan, I'd be kinda pissed.

I haven't heard anything suggesting that Schwarz has agreed to such a move. It would be a complete about-face from his earlier comments...

Meszaros...I could see some slight potential of it...Schwarz, I can't see it at all..

Last edited:

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
monster_bertuzzi said:
Giants GM just confirmed that both Meszaros and Schwarz are comfertable with coming to America, and would like to develope in the CHL.

IF you believe that they both have stated already that they are going to be coming over i have some land to sell you on a beach in cali.

There is a chance that they will both come over but it is very very very very slim.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
IF you believe that they both have stated already that they are going to be coming over i have some land to sell you on a beach in cali.

There is a chance that they will both come over but it is very very very very slim.

You might want to take that beach off the market because Schwarz and Meszaros will be in Vancouver this year :teach:

TKLOOCH22

Jul 23, 2002
Nueva York
Visit site
Doomsday Device said:
Isn't Jakub Kindl considered a top 10 prospect for next year's draft?

Yes he is.

Does anyone have a scouting report on him, other than he's an offensively inclined defenseman from Czech? Will he be like the last offensive defender from Czech and dissappear when he gets to the CHL like Jiri Drtina? ;)

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
TKLOOCH22 said:
Yes he is.

Does anyone have a scouting report on him, other than he's an offensively inclined defenseman from Czech? Will he be like the last offensive defender from Czech and dissappear when he gets to the CHL like Jiri Drtina? ;)
I hope he comes to Kitchener and sets the league on fire!

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Schlep Rock said:
You might want to take that beach off the market because Schwarz and Meszaros will be in Vancouver this year :teach:

LOL youre going by what a GM told you?

Hate to break it to you but nothing is certain until it happens, especially with Euros.

I have seen in the past that they say they will report but then they dont.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Schlep Rock said:

show me a legit source on it somewhere and i might START thinking that it is at least a small possibility.........none of the big names that are drafted are ever sure of anything until at least mid summer and to think that 2 of them have already commited to vancouver is ludacris.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
La-La-Laprise said:
LOL youre going by what a GM told you?

Hate to break it to you but nothing is certain until it happens, especially with Euros.

I have seen in the past that they say they will report but then they dont.

Exactly.....if there was even a decent chance that mezaros or schwarz were going to come overseas this year to play in the CHL they would have went 1 and 2 in the import draft not deep deep in it like they did.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
Exactly.....if there was even a decent chance that mezaros or schwarz were going to come overseas this year to play in the CHL they would have went 1 and 2 in the import draft not deep deep in it like they did.

Or Meszaros and Schwarz said to everybody they would only play for the Giants (for whatever reason). That's the only logical possibility, that the Giants were basically drafing against themselves for the rights to these two studs.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Hossa said:
Or Meszaros and Schwarz said to everybody they would only play for the Giants (for whatever reason). That's the only logical possibility, that the Giants were basically drafing against themselves for the rights to these two studs.

Even if that was the case i think some team would have taken either mezaros or schwarz just to make the giants trade them something in return because schwarz or mezaros are worth a ton.

Pekka Lampinen

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
Not a single Swede picked and the interest in Finland was fairly mild too. I've never seen Sami-Petteri Sandell play, but he seems very comparable to Aki Seitsonen both in situation (a year ago for Seitsonen) and talent. Niko Vainio is the ultimate whipping boy in these parts and a career move like this would be somewhat desperate but necessary. He wouldn't be of much use to the Petes, though. I had never heard of Ville Peltosuo before, now I found out that he played for a poor team in the Jr B league this season. Obviously he's a massive defenseman, feel free to jump to conclusions.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
show me a legit source on it somewhere and i might START thinking that it is at least a small possibility.........none of the big names that are drafted are ever sure of anything until at least mid summer and to think that 2 of them have already commited to vancouver is ludacris.

But yet they have!

LOL... let's wait and see

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Just thought id ask if you people that think that there is really a hope that Schwarz will come over to play for the giants........You do realize that if he came over to play in the CHL that would be a step down from him playing in the top league in the Czech league right? and why exactly would he want to take a step backwards

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not entirely sure how the import draft works, but why did teams "pass" on their picks? Why didn't they at least take a flyer on someone like Ovechkin or Olesz?

What happens if a european wasn't drafted but still then opts to cross the pond later in the summer?

The Pucks

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Jacobv2 said:
I'm not entirely sure how the import draft works, but why did teams "pass" on their picks? Why didn't they at least take a flyer on someone like Ovechkin or Olesz?

What happens if a european wasn't drafted but still then opts to cross the pond later in the summer?

Because a CHL can only hold the rights to 2 euro players. If they draft another one, they have to drop the rights to one they already have.

X-SHARKIE

Ottawa is getting Kaspar .....99% sure.

In a new paper article it said that a European Scout recomended both Kaspar, and his buddy, that the 67's took with their first 1st round pick go to Ottawa, both players wanted to play together if they come to N.A.

Also Sharks GM Doug Wilson played under Kilrea sp? Arguably the best coach in all of Junior Hockey...

Plus this would be just what Kaspar needs for devolopment.

Pencil the 67's for Getting Kaspar and their other first round pick.

BTW....Why the hell would Schwarz play in the CHL this year? He is better served in the Czech extra league my self, although mabey so he gets used to the NHL game, and more games?

PEli*

X-SHARKIE said:
although mabey so he gets used to the NHL game, and more games?

Those are the only possible reasons as to why he'd come over. He'd play more games and get used to the style of attack but he would face weaker competition.

I guess we'll see. I don't see him coming over though.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
phaneuf_fan_3 said:

Not always the case. The Euro draft doesnt go like most drafts, the talent is spread all around. Players have agreements with teams.

Nagy was picked pretty late by Halifax and he scored 71 goals in 1 season, and there are other examples as well.

Hockeycrazed07

Jun 15, 2002
Buena Vista, VA
www.hockeycrazed.com
X-SHARKIE said:
Plus this would be just what Kaspar needs for devolopment.
BTW....Why the hell would Schwarz play in the CHL this year? He is better served in the Czech extra league my self, although mabey so he gets used to the NHL game, and more games?

It seems as though you want both sides of the fence, Max. Why is playing in the CHL better for Kaspar than it would be for Schwarz?

~Crazed.

Golbez

Hockeycrazed07 said:
It seems as though you want both sides of the fence, Max. Why is playing in the CHL better for Kaspar than it would be for Schwarz?

~Crazed.
To answer for him

Kaspar is buried in Litvinov. There isn't room for Kaspar to be more than a 3rd liner, and other teams wouldn't be burning down the door to bring him to their club as a top 2-liner. Kaspar would benefit from more ice time and adapting to the North American game

Schwarz, on the other hand, has been given the #1 job for Trinec, an offensive minded team that typically gives up 35+ shots a night. Schwarz would face a lot of rubber and get lots of playing time against superior competition. Goalies are typically given longer to develop, so Schwarz can always play in the AHL to develop himself to NA and learn English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad