Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Ego said:
Skokan has no link to Czech junior leagues. I've heart that suspension carries over. I think this is because Marty McSorley case when he tried to play in Britain and he was not allowed.

Marcus Nilson's younger brother Patrik played in the ECHL this season, even though the Swedish HA suspended him.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
Hey, i posted this in vancouvers forum:

In a short interview in Aftonbladet.se today, Johannes Salmonsson is pissed at Spokene Chiefs for drafting him.

- Me and Vancouver Giants had already come to an agreement and then Spokane Chiefs comes and drafts me. I don´t want to go to that hole (don´t know the exact translation, but its basically saying "hillbillyplace"), thats for sure!

Haha thats comedy for ya

Anyway the two clubs are talking to each other, trying to solve the situation, and he hopes they will solve it - so he can play for the Giants.

An Ape called Yoko said:
Hey, i posted this in vancouvers forum:

In a short interview in Aftonbladet.se today, Johannes Salmonsson is pissed at Spokene Chiefs for drafting him.

- Me and Vancouver Giants had already come to an agreement and then Spokane Chiefs comes and drafts me. I don´t want to go to that hole (don´t know the exact translation, but its basically saying "hillbillyplace"), thats for sure!

Haha thats comedy for ya

Anyway the two clubs are talking to each other, trying to solve the situation, and he hopes they will solve it - so he can play for the Giants.

Ha, Spokane would probably be the third largest city in Sweden. But, that's a great quote. :biglaugh:

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
Doomsday Device said:
Ha, Spokane would probably be the third largest city in Sweden. But, that's a great quote. :biglaugh:
hehe thats what i thought. What is the population?

(I guess he is living in Stockholm which is about 750 000, but still, haha... Gothenborg is second biggest with 480 000 and third is Malmö with 270 000).

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
"Spokane City, Washington Statistics and Demographics (US Census 2000)

Spokane Population: 195629 "

No, fourth largest. ;)

But he's from Stockholm, so Spokane would feel like a dump for him. ;)

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
An Ape called Yoko said:

Tell us what you really think Johannes.... That's hilarious.

CH Wizard

montreal said:
He's not as skilled, he's shorter and much skinner or was in dec/jan at the wjc's. I would think he'll be a good addition to London, as he is a fun player to watch. Fast, will take the body, nice hands, and works hard. It will be interesting to see how he handles himself but I would think he'll do well.

Don't know Kubat

Couldn't have said it better.

Siarhei is listed as 6'0 190...I don't think, that's his real size tho'.

He looked more like 5'10 170.Well...we'll see.Definately a nice pick and he'll be a good fit everywhere on the London roster (because from the looks of it, he plays a different style of hockey then his brother).I could see him playing anywhere (it means anywhere in the 1st line/2nd/3rd line).

CurtisJD13

Feb 9, 2005
Living in Spokane, and being a Chiefs fan, I must say that Salmonsson didn't excite me when they drafted him. I was hoping for an '05 or '06 eligible player, not someone who will only probably play 1 year in the CHL, and probably not produce at that. As far as a "hick town" goes, I've been to Pittsburgh many times, and I must say that on a class scale of 1 to 10, Pittsburgh is a 2. Definately, his comments will discourage the Penguin faithful, as I am one of them.

Marco Corleone

Sep 6, 2004
Anton Skorykh was picked in the CHL Import Draft and i was wondering if anyone has any type of info on him as I am a Rocket season ticket holder.

Thanks

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
CurtisJD13 said:
Living in Spokane, and being a Chiefs fan, I must say that Salmonsson didn't excite me when they drafted him. I was hoping for an '05 or '06 eligible player, not someone who will only probably play 1 year in the CHL, and probably not produce at that. As far as a "hick town" goes, I've been to Pittsburgh many times, and I must say that on a class scale of 1 to 10, Pittsburgh is a 2. Definately, his comments will discourage the Penguin faithful, as I am one of them.

Well, Swedish players seem to like to play a season in the CHL to get used to the small rink hockey before trying to get a spot on the NHL (or AHL) team. I think it's a good idea, really. And of course he's disappointed seeing him and Giants already had a deal. But that's draft life. Get used to it, Salle.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
An Ape called Yoko said:
hehe thats what i thought. What is the population?

(I guess he is living in Stockholm which is about 750 000, but still, haha... Gothenborg is second biggest with 480 000 and third is Malmö with 270 000).

Counting the metro areas though, Stockholm is close to two million, Gothenburg about half that and Malmö about 600.000. Uppsala and Spokane are probably the same size, but Uppsala is still just over an hour away from Stockholm..

Also, I think Salmonssons comments was probably a result of disappointment that he won't go to Vancouver not some kind of hatred towards Spokane. And who wouldn't be disappointed? Vancouver is a true metropolitan city.

By the way, isn't it usually how it works? Euro players and CHL clubs make up on beforehand which player they will draft..

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
Hey does anybody know any info on the Lewiston Maineiac selection Jakub Bundil I heard he was a goal scorer does he comepare to Picard, Bourret, or Matthieu Aubin point totals does he have the potential to have similar point totals because we need them.

Sag96

Mar 27, 2003
Visit site
First Bundil played for Martin in Slovakia , not Trencin (Import Draft page) and i don't think he will be an impact player next season. He had 9 goals and 14 assists for 23 pts and 30 PIM in 40 games in midget only. He didn't play a game in junior or senior. In 2003-04 he played at Trencin in midget and in 29 games he had 8 goals and 6 assists for 14 pts ( 12 PIM).

He didn't play a game last season in Slovak U17 team and he's not on the 33 players list for the U18 camp this season!!!!

Sorry but he doesn"t look good for a Bourret or Picard type of player...but he's big at 6'6"!!! I just hope that he will not be another Vaclav Fisher ( Qv Import Draft pic 2 years ago)!!!!!

CurtisJD13

Feb 9, 2005
Doomsday Device said:
Metro Spokane is actually 430 000, which is the number I was using.

That's closer to the right number...Spokane is comprised of 2 cities, Spokane and Spokane Valley...430,000 is the total of the 2.

Ego

Mar 15, 2002
Slovakia
Visit site
SPORTSMANIAC said:
Hey does anybody know any info on the Lewiston Maineiac selection Jakub Bundil I heard he was a goal scorer does he comepare to Picard, Bourret, or Matthieu Aubin point totals does he have the potential to have similar point totals because we need them.

Bundil played for both Trencin and Martin. He is not a goal scorer. With his size, he can do some checking job for you, but he is definitely not like Picard, Aubin or Bourret ( Ihave seen them play all, so I can tell you). Sporadicaly, he can play some great games, but he will not be as good as those three guys.

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
By the way, a friend of mine watched him at the U17 and said he is downright amazing! Looks like Rimouski gets another great player ;) Damn 'Nics!

:)

Thanks for the info. It will takes some great players because we will fight for playoffs spot IMO.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Cariboux said:
Thanks for the info. It will takes some great players because we will fight for playoffs spot IMO.

Skokan was also Halifax's first pick so its tough to see him in a Nics jersey.

The one main thing that may effect him is the refs. He has a short-fuse and likes to dive quite a bit from what people who have seen him play told me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad