CHL import draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Any chance to see Oscar Sundh coming over?

That'd give the Fog Devils a pretty good Swedish duo of Bergfors & Sundh.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Duff88 said:
Any chance to see Oscar Sundh coming over?

That'd give the Fog Devils a pretty good Swedish duo of Bergfors & Sundh.

Sundh has a couple of options. He could stay in the 2nd tier where he played regularly the last two seasons. I've also read some claims that he's about to go to US college.

And I agree, Bergfors and Sundh would be agreat duo. Sundh might not have the upside Bergfors has, but Sundh is a (very) quick skater and he can play both winger and center.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Any information on Fredrik Naslund or Marek Lapin would be great, thanks.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Petes1 said:
Any information on Fredrik Naslund or Marek Lapin would be great, thanks.

Fredrik Naslund :

Näslund is a huge winger with plenty of offensive potential. Näslund has fine technical skills, he has a good scoring touch and although he is far from being the perfect skater he is tough to stop when he reaches full speed with his large frame.

At 6’4, 210, Naslund has the all the makings of an imposing winger. He has a lot of potential and decent overall skill. He is not the greatest of skaters, but can get the job done when needed. He does a good protecting the puck, has good hands and somewhat of a scoring touch.

Marek Lapin :

Like many players who grow very rapidly at a young age, Lapin is still getting used to handling his massive frame on the ice. He has good size, but could improve on his strength and uses his body well, while staying away from the penalty box. At 6'6" he has a tremendous reach with his stick. Lapin also posseses a good vision of the game, he is a thinker and usually makes the right, safe decision. He has decent speed for a man his size but with increased technical training can become a very good skater, as well as working on his acceleration. Lapin's biggest weapon is his monster shot, although he hasn't had many opportunities to let it go, as he plays a very defensive defenceman role in Trencin.

Camden

May 14, 2005
Does Lapin get drafted this year ... this kid definately has great size, and the fact he is willing to come over to North America, must please NHL teams.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
Riddarn said:
Finally, Edler gets picked. Last in the first round, maybe because he's unsure whether if he wants to come over or not?
No. It has nothing to do with that. The teams gets in touch with the players during the ongoing-season and then in May its all settled which team who will pick them. So the order in the draft isn´t that important and as you can see - players like Frolik were picked very late.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
Roughneck said:
How good is this guy?
Really good and skilled. He is not that big - but plays big and slams players into the board. Great along the boards - great speed, technique, tough and skater, intensive game and a really hard slapper. Is one of the most talented forwards in Sweden born 87.

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Doomsday Device said:
Some nice future first rounders drafted in Skokan, Tlusty, and Marcinko. It'd be nice if they all come over.

I think it's something like 90% sure that Skokan is coming over. The guy already had a deal with Rimouski. On a local newspaper, it's said that he's suspended to the 6th of december because he battles a ref ! He can't play here until his suspension is over but it's garantee that he will be at the camp.

For Frolik, they said that it would be surprising that he cames here this year, but they pick him to maybe have him in 2006.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Cariboux said:
I think it's something like 90% sure that Skokan is coming over. The guy already had a deal with Rimouski. On a local newspaper, it's said that he's suspended to the 6th of december because he battles a ref ! He can't play here until his suspension is over but it's garantee that he will be at the camp.

For Frolik, they said that it would be surprising that he cames here this year, but they pick him to maybe have him in 2006.

His suspension carries over? You sure? The CHL has no link to the Czech junior leagues as far as honouring their suspensions.

DLMDLM

Aug 24, 2004
London Ontario
London knights picks

Any info or sites for Siarhei Kastsitsyn or Karel Kubat.

In the london paper today Dale Hunter said he shouldn't have too much trouble bringing over Kastsitsyn because of his brother. Who knows if he's blowing smoke or not.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
DLMDLM said:
Any info or sites for Siarhei Kastsitsyn or Karel Kubat.

In the london paper today Dale Hunter said he shouldn't have too much trouble bringing over Kastsitsyn because of his brother. Who knows if he's blowing smoke or not.

I would think the same thing, that he would make the jump to London as it hopefully will be good for both of them since London isn't that far from Hamilton.

As for what kind of player Siarhei is, I have only seen him play once. He's on the small side but has good speed, works hard and while he doesn't have the offensive skills his brother has he still has a good base of offensive skills from the looks of it. More of a setup man then a shooter from what I've heard.

CH Wizard

montreal said:
I would think the same thing, that he would make the jump to London as it hopefully will be good for both of them since London isn't that far from Hamilton.

As for what kind of player Siarhei is, I have only seen him play once. He's on the small side but has good speed, works hard and while he doesn't have the offensive skills his brother has he still has a good base of offensive skills from the looks of it. More of a setup man then a shooter from what I've heard.

From what I've heard...you're really right.I've also seen him play in teh U-20's, he's small but seems to have good skills.He was also throwing his body, he seems to be physical... :propeller

DLM DLM, you're right, his bro' will influence his choice alot.Andrei is know a little bit more comfortable while talking about N.A.I'm sure, Siarhei will play for London.

DLMDLM

Aug 24, 2004
London Ontario
The Great One said:
From what I've heard...you're really right.I've also seen him play in teh U-20's, he's small but seems to have good skills.He was also throwing his body, he seems to be physical... :propeller

DLM DLM, you're right, his bro' will influence his choice alot.Andrei is know a little bit more comfortable while talking about N.A.I'm sure, Siarhei will play for London.

Thanks to both of you for your insight. If I've got this right he is not as skilled or nearly as big as his brother but was a good pick and should be a good addition to a more then competitive knights team next year? anything on Kubat?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
DLMDLM said:
Thanks to both of you for your insight. If I've got this right he is not as skilled or nearly as big as his brother but was a good pick and should be a good addition to a more then competitive knights team next year? anything on Kubat?

He's not as skilled, he's shorter and much skinner or was in dec/jan at the wjc's. I would think he'll be a good addition to London, as he is a fun player to watch. Fast, will take the body, nice hands, and works hard. It will be interesting to see how he handles himself but I would think he'll do well.

Don't know Kubat

MattintheHatt

May 31, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Edler was picked by Kelowna! Thats a great location for him if he wants to come over:D

We'll get to see him up close, and he wont be worn away by Vancouver media AS much.

Ego

Mar 15, 2002
Slovakia
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
His suspension carries over? You sure? The CHL has no link to the Czech junior leagues as far as honouring their suspensions.
Skokan has no link to Czech junior leagues. I've heart that suspension carries over. I think this is because Marty McSorley case when he tried to play in Britain and he was not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad