CHL import draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Another interesting stat is that the import draft had an average of 8-9 players from non-hockey countries. So far in this draft, only 1 of those has been drafted : Janick Steinmann from Switzerland at 18th overall.

2004 : 12 (2LAT, 2UKR, 2NOR, 2BEL, 1SWI, 1AUS, 1DEN & 1KAZ)
2003 : 10 (3GER, 2LAT, 2BEL, 2SWI & 1POL)
2002 : 9 (3UKR, 2BEL, 1SWI, 1AUS, 1NOR & 1YOU)
2001 : 11 (3LAT, 3UKR, 1SLV, 1SWI, 1AUS, 1NOR & 1SPA)
2000 : 4 (2SWI, 1UKR & 1NOR)
1999 : 7 (4UKR, 1LAT, 1SLV & 1GER)
1998 : 6 (1FRA, 1UKR, 1SWI, 1SLV, 1HUN & 1KAZ)
1997 : 10 (3GER, 2SLV, 2LAT, 1SWI, 1POL & 1BEL)

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Cayouche5 said:
Can we expect to see one of Zbynek Hrdel or Michal Sersen back next year with Rimouski ?

No chance at all. We already have too much 20 yo players and I've read in a local newspaper that the team had 2 europeans reserved for them. Skokan is the first... Waiting to see the second à #53 :yo:

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Cariboux said:
No chance at all. We already have too much 20 yo players and I've read in a local newspaper that the team had 2 europeans reserved for them. Skokan is the first... Waiting to see the second à #53 :yo:
Who are the 20yo players ? Coulombe and ... Stewart's gone, Sersen and Hrdel are gone, maybe Roussin if he's not signed by Florida ??

GBG BLEED BLUE

Jun 8, 2005
Saskatoon,Sask
www.whlfans.ca
here is the situation that I am unsure of

If a team looses both of their Euros then they have to use both of their picks correct?

If a team Eg(Saskatoon Blades) only has one Euro spot left on their team, then would they only be allowed to use 1 of their 2 picks, Do any of you know what would happen in this situation?

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
scoutman1 said:
In this draft there is never a true #1, teams don't draft by best player available they draft by who they have been talking to and is comming over...so the best players might not even get drafted till late 1st round or at all:

Some players to watch would for are:

Michael Frolik
Christoph Gawlick
Mikko Lehtonen
Martin Hanzal
Denis Krejeda
Tomas Pospisal
Jakub Vojta
David Ruzicka
Tomas Marcinko

Possibly some Russians who might come over are (but Russians don't normally choose this route though):

Vitally Anikeenko
Denis Istomin

Hanzal IIRC was the Pats' pick last year. Unless they can re-enter the draft, he's already been drafted.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
GoLeafsGo BLEED BLUE said:
If a team looses both of their Euros then they have to use both of their picks correct?

If a team Eg(Saskatoon Blades) only has one Euro spot left on their team, then would they only be allowed to use 1 of their 2 picks, Do any of you know what would happen in this situation?
There's no requirement for a team to use their picks. If there is only one spot left, the team would either trade a pick or take a pass. For example, Kitchener has two import players on the roster, and has no need for either pick this year. They've traded their second rounder to London, and will be looking for a deal for their first rounder.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Vikke said:
Any of you Swedes (Predatore) know if D-man Hjalmarsson wants to move over to NA?

Nah, I do not think so. Me thinks Hjalmarsson will see some SEL ice time next season with HV71.

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Cayouche5 said:
Who are the 20yo players ? Coulombe and ... Stewart's gone, Sersen and Hrdel are gone, maybe Roussin if he's not signed by Florida ??

Coulombe and Desjardins are sure bets. Mark Tobin is a late, so Tampa don't need to sign him and I'm not sure that the Wild will sign Jean-Michel Bolduc.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
32 Acadie Bathurst Titans
(from Gatineau) 2:35 Antonin Manavian Apr.26/87 D Rouen/France 6.03 215 05

:amazed:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Riddarn said:
32 Acadie Bathurst Titans
(from Gatineau) 2:35 Antonin Manavian Apr.26/87 D Rouen/France 6.03 215 05

:amazed:
Yeah, I noticed that. I wonder if being picked in the CHL draft would put some of these guys on the NHL radar. Manavian wasn't ranked by CSS, and either were Grauwiler or Egorov.

Glad to see the Rebels got Mihalik.

plaugher

May 2, 2002
Halifax, NS
Visit site
Duff88 said:
Rimouski drafts Michael Frolik! :eek:

If he comes over... :help:
I'd say they're just going to hope to try to convince him.

Surely if they had a deal in place to bring him over, they would have selected him with the earlier of the two picks, fearing that someone may take a flyer on him.

Should prove interesting.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Phil Laugher said:

Surely if they had a deal in place to bring him over, they would have selected him with the earlier of the two picks, fearing that someone may take a flyer on him.

If he comes over this year, Kilrea's head will explode.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Phil Laugher said:

I know the possibilities are extremely small, but imagine having Crosby & Frolik on the same line. :amazed:

That certainly would be interesting to watch.

plaugher

May 2, 2002
Halifax, NS
Visit site
Duff88 said:
I know the possibilities are extremely small, but imagine having Crosby & Frolik on the same line. :amazed:

That certainly would be interesting to watch.

Mind-blowing, for sure. Crosby sticking around would probably sweeten the pot quite a bit in convincing Frolik to come over. The trick is trying to keep Crosby in the CHL. Not gonna happen, I don't think. :)

But if it did, I'm envious of you folks in Western Division towns, getting to see them three-five times.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Oh, Anton Hedman got picked. I definitly didn't see that one coming, but maybe it's not such a bad idea. He broke into the j20 Superelit league last year and he will probably not be able to play in the SEL or 2nd tier, so his only option back here was to stay in the juniors for another year.

Edit: I hope there will be another swede drafted when I check back again. Argentina vs Brasil, thats some serious football.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
question: can teams deal Euro picks to teams in other leagues? for example could kingston send their two euro picks to calgary for their 1st euro pick?

i'm guessing the answer is no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->