CHL Import Draft Order for OHL (JUNE 28)

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Saginaw needs a goal scorer who will actually show. No Necas repeats it would have helped if he showed but it wasn't even close. 15th is a good spot l hope they do their homework maybe get a pick like Hronek via Detroit. I wonder if they keep Bappart he played 16 games and was not a factor.

PEPSIHEAD

May 15, 2004

Guelph/Ottawa tied the season series 3 points to 3, both had the same # of wins and both have the same GF-GA so no idea how they decide how that tiebreaker is ended. http://OHL.com only has those 3 tiebreakers

This years OHL draft order would be the same as the CHL import order, no?

Which of these teams picks ahead of the other in round one of the OHL draft?

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
This years OHL draft order would be the same as the CHL import order, no?

Which of these teams picks ahead of the other in round one of the OHL draft?
Not sure. They don’t release the draft order until right before the draft I think

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Not sure. They don’t release the draft order until right before the draft I think

The CHL import draft is different from the others that are used by one difference instead of being just reversed ordered by lowest point totals and records it's reversed by all 60 clubs in the CHL and you can trade up or down depending on who your manager thinks they can get with there picks and can pass on selections depending on wether or not you have one of your 2 import spots already spoken for on your club.

The only team that has any sort of get out of jail free method over the years has been the London Knights when they had an import selection picked in the 1st round of the NHL entry draft and was awarded a compensation selection because they believed that there 1st pick wouldn't have to report to the Knights and instead go straight to the NHL.

Since then though most clubs rarely ever use more then 1 selection due to costs that the team has to pay back to the European clubs to allow them to play in the CHL.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
The CHL import draft is different from the others that are used by one difference instead of being just reversed ordered by lowest point totals and records it's reversed by all 60 clubs in the CHL and you can trade up or down depending on who your manager thinks they can get with there picks and can pass on selections depending on wether or not you have one of your 2 import spots already spoken for on your club.

The only team that has any sort of get out of jail free method over the years has been the London Knights when they had an import selection picked in the 1st round of the NHL entry draft and was awarded a compensation selection because they believed that there 1st pick wouldn't have to report to the Knights and instead go straight to the NHL.

Since then though most clubs rarely ever use more then 1 selection due to costs that the team has to pay back to the European clubs to allow them to play in the CHL.

Certainly not just London. That's a rule in the Import draft, if you have a prospect drafted in the 1st round, you can pick 3 different import players rights on your roster. Gens did it last year with already having Krastenbergs and then drafted Eeli Tolvanen (1st rounder) so they got to pick again and took Nico Gross

PEPSIHEAD

May 15, 2004
Can someone explain how Ottawa gets the higher picks when they had more regulation wins then Guelph had during the season?

Thanks

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Can someone explain how Ottawa gets the higher picks when they had more regulation wins then Guelph had during the season?

Thanks

Regulation wins was not a component of tie breaking. It isn”t even a stat in the OHL.

I don’t know what they used as. Tie breaker but it would make sense it was a random way like a coin toss.

PEPSIHEAD

May 15, 2004
Regulation wins was not a component of tie breaking. It isn”t even a stat in the OHL.

I don’t know what they used as. Tie breaker but it would make sense it was a random way like a coin toss.

It is listed on the OHL app in the standings category

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
I realize the draft is next week but is there a trading window opening soon? There hasn't been a trade in over 2 months and I was just wondering when does this trade freeze end.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Trade window opens on Import draft day for import picks only and individual CHL league's (OHL trade with OHL teams...)

The big question every GM will have will be do they think that one if not both imports are returning next season and if they can convince to report if they pick one in the import draft from OS standpoint they'll potentially have 1 if not both spots open so I'd expect the Attack to make a selection

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
Trade window opens on Import draft day for import picks only and individual CHL league's (OHL trade with OHL teams...)

The big question every GM will have will be do they think that one if not both imports are returning next season and if they can convince to report if they pick one in the import draft from OS standpoint they'll potentially have 1 if not both spots open so I'd expect the Attack to make a selection
I don't think teams are allowed to trade picks anymore....It's either pick or pass.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I don't think teams are allowed to trade picks anymore....It's either pick or pass.

No you can't trade them. But I'm pretty sure he meant trading of prior years picks, which you're allowed to do. Ruzicka/Lipanov would be the 2 most likely to be moved in my opinion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad