Chistov....Lupul...D. Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckie

Feb 24, 2003
Visit site
Can you guys give me some info on these prospects, and what you think their potential is in the nhl. lupul has a concussion right now, brown has decent points in the nhl but i haven't seen him play, and chistov has average points but again i haven't had a chance to see him this year thanks in advance

10 ft. pole

May 19, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
Brown plays a traffic game. He drives hard to the net and has very good hands. When he does not have the puck in the offensive zone he is in front of the net. He is comparable to Adam Deadmarsh without the balls out aggression. He could use a bit of a mean streak and some more muscle. When he learns to throw a punch he will be a top line skilled/power forward. he is not an All-star but he is going to be a damn good player.

Cosis

Lupul is gonna be a 40+ goal guy.
Chistov is gonna be a nice player. Was probably rushed some.
Brown should have a good career.

Lupul excites me the most. Chistov might have the higher upside of the bunch.

bruins4777*

Brown is the safe pick
Lupul has upside
Chistov is far and away the most talented yet has regressed for a while and is without a doubt the riskiest by a load.

Brown will be an all-star to me. He is a traffic player and the first post described him well, except i feel his talent level is higher than that person. His shot is incredible, his hands are better than they get credit for and he is still developing. Right now he doesn't seem to flashy, but he'll make it to the NHL. He'll never light a highlight reel on fire, but he'll produce and be a 30 goal guy. 2nd liner at the bare minimum.

Lupul has been compared to bossy, and while this may seem kinda crazy, if you see him play at his best its not all that insane. He is a wicked finisher and the 40 plus goal analysis is a good one. He needs to work on consistency among other things, but its nothing that other young players don't have issues with.

Chistov...now this is what you call a project. He was definently rushed. He has 70 point all-star highlight reel, franchise winger potential, but its doubtful he'll reach that now. He needs to work on a consistent effort, taking the body, poise, picking his spots, and just everything general. I think going back to russia or europe lighting them on fire and gaining some confidence would do him some great good...

Prof_it

Sep 2, 2004
When i've seen Lupul this year, he's been impressive. He's been a threat to score in every game i've watched. His speed and quickness are what really made him stand out. He could easily close the gap on most D in the AHL. He uses his speed effectively on the outside, and has a strong shot with a quick release. Combine the skating and quick release, Lupul is a player capable of scoring off the rush. If paired with a playmaking center, I could see how he would have a bright future.

Chistov has been more of an enigma. If I only judged him on this year's performance, and the games i've seen, I would say he's lost some confidence. While he clearly has great skills, he tends to play very selfish, avoiding high traffic areas, a non-factor in his own zone, and relying on his individual skills rather than distributing the puck. As other posters have mentioned, I agree that he was rushed and is still trying to find his role in the AHL.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Chistov has everything it takes to be a franchise winger except for confidence and consistency. It's all up to him what his career will be like. If he wants to be an NHL All Star then he can make it happen.

Lupul should settle in as a 30 goal scorer. He needs to play with a creative center though as he is not great at creating scoring chances for himself.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
McDonald19 said:
Chistov has everything it takes to be a franchise winger except for confidence and consistency. It's all up to him what his career will be like. If he wants to be an NHL All Star then he can make it happen.

Lupul should settle in as a 30 goal scorer. He needs to play with a creative center though as he is not great at creating scoring chances for himself.

agreed on both points, although i'd take Brown over both of them. THN and other scouting sources said that Chistov has as much talent as Kovalchuk, but like you said, he doesn't have the heart.

Brown
Lupul
Chistov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->