Chiodo/Fleury

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diablo

Aug 5, 2003
Visit site
I'm extremely surprised of the play of Andy Chiodo. He gave the Pens a chance to win every game with him in the net. Now my question: Is it possible that Chiodo could be the number one Goalie next year while Fleury serving as backup oder playing in the AHL?

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
Caron did the same thing at the end of last season that Chiodo is doing now...... Fleury will be in the NHL and those 2 guys are going to be battling in camp for the 2nd spot.

MartinStLouis

Sep 3, 2003
DC Metro area
Visit site
El Diablo said:
I'm extremely surprised of the play of Andy Chiodo. He gave the Pens a chance to win every game with him in the net. Now my question: Is it possible that Chiodo could be the number one Goalie next year while Fleury serving as backup oder playing in the AHL?

The Pens have already said Chiodo will serve back-up to Fleury. Fleury without a doubt is there #1 and chiodo will be #2

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
i think starting next year, fleury will be the #1 for a long time.

chiodo/caron or whoever can back him up.

El Diablo

Aug 5, 2003
Visit site
Dark Metamorphosis said:
i think starting next year, fleury will be the #1 for a long time.

chiodo/caron or whoever can back him up.

I have only seen a few images on TV, but Chiodo has better stats and the Pens are even weaker than at the start of the season. Of course Fleury's upside is extremely high, but why should it be so clear that he is slotted in for the Nr. 1 spot? Chiodo is very young and seems to be very talented too.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
El Diablo said:
I have only seen a few images on TV, but Chiodo has better stats and the Pens are even weaker than at the start of the season. Of course Fleury's upside is extremely high, but why should it be so clear that he is slotted in for the Nr. 1 spot? Chiodo is very young and seems to be very talented too.

He has better stats because he has played less games. Period.

After six games Chiodo has a .910 sv% and a 2.96 gaa.

By comparison, Fluery had a .943 sv% and a 1.96 gaa.

He has been a strong goalie for the Pens in his first few games, but my opinion is that Fluery should be slotted in the # 1 spot because he is the better goalie by a wide margin. Give Chiodo the same amount of games and his stats will be up there as well.
The fight will be for the #2 spot on the Pens. The starting goalie will be Maffy's IMO.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
El Diablo said:
because he's a better goalie

Grave77digger

Feb 27, 2004
profiles.sports.yahoo.com
Chiodo got lit for 9 goals, 6 on the PP by the preds tonite... but i think full blame should be put on Coach Olczyk... he gave them an unscheduled day off yesterday and apperently doesnt know when or HOW to pull a goalie...6 PP goals a new franchise record...

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Grave77digger said:
Chiodo got lit for 9 goals, 6 on the PP by the preds tonite... but i think full blame should be put on Coach Olczyk... he gave them an unscheduled day off yesterday and apperently doesnt know when or HOW to pull a goalie...6 PP goals a new franchise record...

Yeah but Chiodo looked absolutley AWFUL tonight. At least the officiating had competition for the worst humans on the igloo ice tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->