OT: The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
We’re staying about a 10 minute walk from the London Eye until tomorrow. Then we’re flying to Cork, bussing to Dublin, before heading back to London for a few days. It’s been a busy few days. Walked 13 miles in 2 days. Checked out some markets, Tower of London, and heading toward Buckingham Palace in a few. Blarney Castle on Saturday.
All that walking will make the pub lunches so much more enjoyable--it was always that way for me anyway!

Reactions: BackGroundMusic

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
All that walking will make the pub lunches so much more enjoyable--it was always that way for me anyway!

Indeed. Saw the changing of the guard today, then hit a pub and had some vegan fish and chips, then hit up the science and natural history museums.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Indeed. Saw the changing of the guard today, then hit a pub and had some vegan fish and chips, then hit up the science and natural history museums.
Did you hit up the Imperial War Museum, I wanted to see it when I was over there but the line was too long. I did do the HMS Belfast floating museum though.

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I just bought a couple of interior/exterior digital thermometers - with the recent heat wave, I wanted to see how hot it got in our apartment.

It's 80+ in here without the A/C going. I have no local temperature control other than opening windows / portable A/C.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I just bought a couple of interior/exterior digital thermometers - with the recent heat wave, I wanted to see how hot it got in our apartment.

It's 80+ in here without the A/C going. I have no local temperature control other than opening windows / portable A/C.
I have my thermostat set to 82 during the afternoon, and I work from home with quite a bit of equipment running in my office, as long as you have air movement its not bad at all.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Cork is a neat city. It feels like a bunch of under 40s stole a city from Italy and invited a bunch of tech companies to join them. I could totally picture relocating here.

Reactions: Chainshot

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Hello from a bus to Dublin.

Attachments

• B1776E49-4FE7-4358-B75A-E327A1B2AE39.jpeg
    B1776E49-4FE7-4358-B75A-E327A1B2AE39.jpeg
    385.2 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: slip and Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
An update from the forest! I went into town to run a couple of errands and hop on the free wifi at a local cafe. I'm in one piece, tromping around the mountains and working away to help the site owners' get their vision down on paper in the form of an action plan while doing some very intern-ish tasks. Today, I finished flagging their property line on 1/2 of their 100 acre parcel that I started yesterday. Considering there are no trails and the state land bordering hasn't been logged in 100 years and their property edges are heaped with slash from the previous owners, it's a good workout.

In a few days, I will move from the campsite at the location I'm working up into a cabin deeper in the woods - no electric or water, they use a generator and a grey water system for necessities while humping potable water in from a nearby well. The view is absolutely amazing. The downside is that Brother Bear decided to bite through the greywater system line in two places the other day and with the drought, there is precious little water. I'm hoping it rains today.

On the concussion front, still plugging away there. Driving went okay, though a couple of days my head was pounding by the end of the day on day 2 from OG's up to the Hudson. Last night I had a bought of insomnia which was an old symptom. Being at altitude, tired from a day humping it around the property at 1900' higher than I am used to did finally win out.

So... I'm still working on trimming down, but it's all bodyweight exercises and hiking now. My hosts keep asking me if I want anything to eat, and honestly, I'm not all that hungry. I don't mind. Hope this finds everyone well.

CS

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I ran over the cord on the electric grill while mowing a few weeks ago.

It was an accident.

But, I am now researching wood pellet grills to replace the electric one. I asked for cash for birthday gifts to pay for it and I think I will be able to afford a nice one for backyard use.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I’m in Dublin for another 20 hours, then flying back to London. And I’m about 97% sure I’m developing a cold.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I’m in Iceland for the week and it’s by far the most beautiful place I’ve traveled.

Two of my wife's friends have both spent time there -- one station there in the Navy, the other spent part of last winter car camping it. They rave about it endlessly and it is on my places to visit list. We tried to book in on Iceland Air back before leaving WNY. What is your favorite part so far?

Anyone do Bodyweight fitness vs going to a gym?

*raises hand* Most of what I'm doing right now is bodyweight stuff and I'm down 20 lbs. in a month - potentially more but I didn't pack the scale. I have to put holes in my belt, so I'm pleased.

I’m in Dublin for another 20 hours, then flying back to London. And I’m about 97% sure I’m developing a cold.

Your trip sounds like a blast!

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
An update from the forest! I went into town to run a couple of errands and hop on the free wifi at a local cafe. I'm in one piece, tromping around the mountains and working away to help the site owners' get their vision down on paper in the form of an action plan while doing some very intern-ish tasks. Today, I finished flagging their property line on 1/2 of their 100 acre parcel that I started yesterday. Considering there are no trails and the state land bordering hasn't been logged in 100 years and their property edges are heaped with slash from the previous owners, it's a good workout.

In a few days, I will move from the campsite at the location I'm working up into a cabin deeper in the woods - no electric or water, they use a generator and a grey water system for necessities while humping potable water in from a nearby well. The view is absolutely amazing. The downside is that Brother Bear decided to bite through the greywater system line in two places the other day and with the drought, there is precious little water. I'm hoping it rains today.

On the concussion front, still plugging away there. Driving went okay, though a couple of days my head was pounding by the end of the day on day 2 from OG's up to the Hudson. Last night I had a bought of insomnia which was an old symptom. Being at altitude, tired from a day humping it around the property at 1900' higher than I am used to did finally win out.

So... I'm still working on trimming down, but it's all bodyweight exercises and hiking now. My hosts keep asking me if I want anything to eat, and honestly, I'm not all that hungry. I don't mind. Hope this finds everyone well.

CS
Stay safe out there Chain.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Anyone do Bodyweight fitness vs going to a gym?
I have a full power rack in my basement, so I can do pretty much any weightlifting exercise safely. Although I do enjoy doing pull-ups and push-ups as well. I absolutely despise going to a gym with all the meatheads there.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
England has had some great chances but Croatia does not need much to pop another.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I have a full power rack in my basement, so I can do pretty much any weightlifting exercise safely. Although I do enjoy doing pull-ups and push-ups as well. I absolutely despise going to a gym with all the meatheads there.

The gym just takes too long, you can go for a run and workout at home for 30-40 minutes all in. The gym takes 20-30 minutes just from the commute and getting changed alone.

What are critical pieces of equipment for someone with limited space?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad