GDT: Chinese New Year celebrations ** Game 11 Ducks @ Knights 7pm Pietro back; Nosek on COVID list

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Funny how during the game they show comments from fans that love the helmets. But let’s face it. They stink.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
0c77b17836644990398a2066dae7ace9.gif

I think the gold helmets blinded the Vegas shooters tonight.

Lezg00

Jan 14, 2021
3 takes

Gold helmets are trash on black

Theodore is the QB

ducks, kings n’ sharks are no cake walk this year

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm glad at least that amidst the shit, Fleury was in top form and Glass, despite being part of the rest of the team's lethargy and lack of execution, still looked to be in more or less the same form. Confident with the puck and a lot more noticeable with it all around. Tbh I thought the third line had some of our best chances.

Probably Whitecloud's worst game in a VGK uniform though. Wasn't a terrible game but he wasn't as on it defensively as he usually is.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I swear this team looks lost in the defensive zone sometimes. Even with Theodore, they have looked a bit lost.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I'm glad at least that amidst the shit, Fleury was in top form and Glass, despite being part of the rest of the team's lethargy and lack of execution, still looked to be in more or less the same form. Confident with the puck and a lot more noticeable with it all around. Tbh I thought the third line had some of our best chances.

Probably Whitecloud's worst game in a VGK uniform though. Wasn't a terrible game but he wasn't as on it defensively as he usually is.

I noticed Hague panics and clears the puck more haphazard than he should or gives the puck away in the neutral and offensive zone with a bad pass. He still seems more nervous and jumpy out there.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I noticed Hague panics and clears the puck more haphazard than he should or gives the puck away in the neutral and offensive zone with a bad pass. He still seems more nervous and jumpy out there.
Sometimes yeah. I think he's calm and collected enough of the rest of the time that it doesn't bother me too much. That and he hasn't really been burned too badly for that tendency. Yet. I think overall he has some things to work on but he's solid enough for our bottom pair. Hopefully getting burned by Getzlaf makes him think twice about pinching too deep unless he's certain he can make a play on the puck. With his footspeed he needs to anticipate counter attacks more than anybody else.

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Mostly Blues fan coming in peace even though I'm sort of also a Golden Knights fan as well, Anyway I've pretty much watched every game so far this season. From the games Pietrangelo has played I didn't think he looked very good(I'll be honest I thought he looked like crap) at the time I attribute it to being a new team, new systems and all of that stuff. The past few games when Petro was out of the lineup I thought Vegas didn't miss a beat and were fine without him. I realize that Theodore was out of the lineup tonight injured but I found his absence way more more noticeable. Vegas is a better team with Theodore than it is without Pietrangelo. As good as Pietrangelo is I think he might not be as good as he was in St Louis. I think Vegas might start feeling buyers remorse soon. That's the way I see it hence why I say it's a mistake signing Pietrangelo. Every Golden Knights fan that I personally know have said the same or agree with my analysis. Curious what you guys think?

Reactions: Vegas07

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
How has stephenson looked? Could he keep these point totals up for the entire year?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Mostly Blues fan coming in peace even though I'm sort of also a Golden Knights fan as well, Anyway I've pretty much watched every game so far this season. From the games Pietrangelo has played I didn't think he looked very good(I'll be honest I thought he looked like crap) at the time I attribute it to being a new team, new systems and all of that stuff. The past few games when Petro was out of the lineup I thought Vegas didn't miss a beat and were fine without him. I realize that Theodore was out of the lineup tonight injured but I found his absence way more more noticeable. Vegas is a better team with Theodore than it is without Pietrangelo. As good as Pietrangelo is I think he might not be as good as he was in St Louis. I think Vegas might start feeling buyers remorse soon. That's the way I see it hence why I say it's a mistake signing Pietrangelo. Every Golden Knights fan that I personally know have said the same or agree with my analysis. Curious what you guys think?
Far, far too early to be talking the potential of buyers remorse.

Vegas has been better with Theo than Petro, yes. But it's not like Theo is simply a good defenseman, he's on track for being a Norris candidate(I'd have Theo, Petry, Hedman, & Makar as front-runners rn), and has the most impact on the team of any skater, bar none. With that said, Petro has not played up to par, and the Blues game was a "oh no, Petro". My fear is needing to put him with Theo to make him effective, but... Theo makes everyone effective, you could get Engo out of retirement in with Theo and people would say "hey, why did Engo retire? He looks great!", so that'd be a waste and there would be no reason for Vegas to have signed him.

Should note though that Vegas is missing 2 top-4 defensemen, which shouldn't matter for Petro, but, it has. As for Theo, it doesn't.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Far, far too early to be talking the potential of buyers remorse.

Vegas has been better with Theo than Petro, yes. But it's not like Theo is simply a good defenseman, he's on track for being a Norris candidate(I'd have Theo, Petry, Hedman, & Makar as front-runners rn), and has the most impact on the team of any skater, bar none. With that said, Petro has not played up to par, and the Blues game was a "oh no, Petro". My fear is needing to put him with Theo to make him effective, but... Theo makes everyone effective, you could get Engo out of retirement in with Theo and people would say "hey, why did Engo retire? He looks great!", so that'd be a waste and there would be no reason for Vegas to have signed him.

Should note though that Vegas is missing 2 top-4 defensemen, which shouldn't matter for Petro, but, it has. As for Theo, it doesn't.

All that said, Pietro is in my opinion our second best dman, perhaps with some reasonable debate in favor of Baby Duck, even when 7 underperforms his standard. I think pairing Theo with Pietro would rob us of a quality second pairing without giving us enough incremental improvement on the first pair to make it worthwhile.

I remember how unreliable my man Schmidty had become last season and especially last playoffs (and he is trending the same way in BC), and a fractional Pietro is an upgrade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad