Child Prodigy

Sticks and Pucks

Jan 2, 2008
How tall is Matthew Savoie? I know his brother isn't that tall. Do people think size might hold him back from becoming a great player?

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
HOws that kid from japan who had all the YouTube hype ?

Is he progressing

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
How tall is Matthew Savoie? I know his brother isn't that tall. Do people think size might hold him back from becoming a great player?

5'8, which isn't bad for a 13 year old. He's likely to grow a bit more before his draft year. How much is entirely up to genetics. Would be awesome if he could hit 6 feet or more with his skill.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
HOws that kid from japan who had all the YouTube hype ?

Is he progressing

Was playing in BC in the summer league. Put up 11 points in 7 games there. 10 of which were goals. Last I saw he went back to Japan for the winter. Likely to come back this summer. There was a lot of chatter about him attempting to get into a bantam league in BC to be eligible for the WHL bantam draft. Though there is talk he will try to force his way onto the Giants in the import draft when he can. Vancouver is a quicker flight for his family and him which is why he was set on BC area and Vancouver sepcifically. Plus his summer trainer Pavel Barber lives there.

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
No talk about Shane wright? O4 who played against Ontario’s top 02’s in the silver stick. Best play on 03 don mills flyers team as well. Personally only seen him once and it was against 02’s but he stood out.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Brad Lambert is a very interesting name. He just was on the Pohjola camp (best 15 year old players every year, so this year 2003 born) from Finland. He is a dual citizen (Canada/Finland) and he has 7th best U15 PPG ever in the U16 league (Q). Very interesting to see if he will play for Finland (he was named to the 44 name list which some of them will make Finnish U16 national team next year) or Canada if they are interested about him.. Late 2003 so 2022 draft prospect.

Brad Lambert

He has a Finnish mother and Canadian dad. He can speak perfect Finnish. I really hope he'll choose Finland and for now it really looks like it. I don't think he would have participated to the Pohjola camp if he thinks he'll try to play for Canada. But you never know.

Last edited:
Reactions: LAINEC

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
7D8A33EB-7FA4-4C87-8741-D4C974BA73CA_zpspw83xyrn.jpeg

What do you all think of some of my jersey collection?
#7 Matt Savoie - Western Canada Selects
#51 Shane Wright - Don Mills Flyers
#8 Alex Newhook - York Simcoe Express
#55 Quinton Byfield - York Simcoe Express
#58 Ryan Merkley - Toronto Jr Canadiens
#71 Alex Turcotte - Detroit Honeybaked
#11 Isaac Ratcliffe - London Jr Nationals
#44 Akil Thomas - Miami Toros
#83 Sasha Mutala - Burnaby Winter Club
#71 Tage Thompson - Suffolk PAL Jr Isles

I have 46 others including Jack Studnicka, Dylan Strome, Marshall Warren, Cole Perfetti, Ty Tullio, Graeme Clarke, Anderson MacDonald, Nicholas Porco, Jake Pivonka, Curtis Hall, Luke Toporowski, John Farinacci, Kirill Nizhnikov, Brendan Lemieux, Christian Krygier, Gerard Keane, Ty Smilanic and others...

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Seth Jarvis from Winnipeg, currently playing on the Peewee AA Rangers.

Kid is a good. Highlight videos posted by (presumably) his Dad.

Round 2 playoff highlights

Round 1 playoff highlights

and a whole other more highlight videos here
KJ Production

Seth Jarvis playing for the B2 AAA Monarchs this year. Leading the league in scoring with 28 points (21 goals 7 assists) in 12 games played.

Very impressive. He can't be more than 13 years old, if that... Jeez, he could be a monster one day.

Still dominating. 21gp, 36g/16a/52p. First in league scoring by a significant margin and his team is undefeated.

My first impressions of Seth Jarvis is that he looks good. Great skill, good edges. Would love to see him move the puck more considering the puck is on his stick most of the time but other than that it will be interesting to see how he develops.

Thanks!

So looking at the other top prospects that had a higher ppg that didn't transition to much.

So to compare, McDavid played midgethockey at top level when he was one year older than Jarvis? He scored 209 in 88 games.

So Jarvis isn't really a child prodigy?

He's not really.

Jarvis was a 1st round pick of the Portland Winterhawks in 2017, currently playing in his first full WHL season with 5 points in 7 games.

2020 NHL draft eligible, could be one to watch.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

I have 46 others including Jack Studnicka, Dylan Strome, Marshall Warren, Cole Perfetti, Ty Tullio, Graeme Clarke, Anderson MacDonald, Nicholas Porco, Jake Pivonka, Curtis Hall, Luke Toporowski, John Farinacci, Kirill Nizhnikov, Brendan Lemieux, Christian Krygier, Gerard Keane, Ty Smilanic and others...

Pretty good. Gotta get them signed though. Then they are actually worth something.

Reactions: Killerjas

ijuka

May 14, 2016
The 12-year-old defenseman Aron Kiviharju has started the season at the C2(u15) AAA league with 12 points in 6 games, leading his team in scoring by a margin of 4 points. I don't know of any defensemen who have been able to do something like this, at least in relatively recent history. Already the best defenseman of C2 AAA and should be on the Finnish u16 national team next season unless they have something against bringing a 13-year-old.

Two of the points:
PK breakaway pass assist(#11, Black/White. The one who steals the puck and gives the pass):

PP shift leading into a goal by him(#11, White/Black. Left side, D):

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
The 12-year-old defenseman Aron Kiviharju has started the season at the C2(u15) AAA league with 12 points in 6 games, leading his team in scoring by a margin of 4 points. I don't know of any defensemen who have been able to do something like this, at least in relatively recent history. Already the best defenseman of C2 AAA and should be on the Finnish u16 national team next season unless they have something against bringing a 13-year-old.

Two of the points:
PK breakaway pass assist(#11, Black/White. The one who steals the puck and gives the pass):

PP shift leading into a goal by him(#11, White/Black. Left side, D):

Points are good. But does it has his value in such low leagues?

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018

I gotta be honest. Its a little strange to have jerseys from players who are still 14 years old.

Reactions: NLRAIDERS

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

How did you go about getting these kids minor hockey jerseys?

A lot of them have sponsors on them as well which makes me believe they are game worn?

Reactions: NYIschremp44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad