Belmar
tumblr_ljmobzJtod1qb07we.gif

:banana::pickle:

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Now fire someone from the god-awful Devils TV crew and put Chico back on TV where he belongs.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It could have been they didn't want her tell it like it is style with the team struggling, it could have been for other political reasons that we're not getting into here. There's nothing definitive in any case.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I definitely had that thought. She was pretty critical of the team at certain points but it was absolutely warranted.

If that was the case, they definitely fixed that problem. Even if Chico is being negative, it'll make you smile haha.

Reactions: glenwo2

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
Was never a huge fan of Sherry to begin with. She was always doom and gloom whenever I listened and that can get exhausting, especially when you're as bad as we have been recently.

Regardless, thrilled to have the the most jolly guy in the biz back in the booth.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would have kind of preferred switching Dano to radio and having Chico back on TV since I watch that more than listen to the radio but it's still good to have him back in the fold!
It's not that I particularly dislike Dano on TV, even though I've sometimes laughed at the tone of his voice and his Archie Bunker mispronunciation gaffes. "intregral" "Lacksadaisical".

I just miss Chico on TV. Kind of wouldn't have minded them switching places, as long as Dano didn't have to take a paycut or something.

Really glad to have Chico back! I don't listen on the radio though, being out of market and never having a reason to.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Sherry is also getting up there in age, but so is Chico so I dunno. More people will tune into the radio now I am sure to hear Chico, so maybe that was their ultimate goal anyway?

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Honestly didn't really care for Sherry. She was ok. She was/still is extremely bitter about getting let go. I mean the day she was let go she went on a Devils memorabilia fire sale on eBay. Be a professional about it. Any way I'm really excited to see Chico back.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
I wonder why the change of heart for Chico. I remember he said he wanted to spend more time with his family in Minnesota when he retired...I guess he just missed hockey to much.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
It could have been they didn't want her tell it like it is style with the team struggling, it could have been for other political reasons that we're not getting into here.

That's an intriguing head- scratcher of a comment. AFAIK, she wasn't lobbying for North Korea's weapons program or supporting Communist regimes.

Was never a huge fan of Sherry to begin with. She was always doom and gloom whenever I listened and that can get exhausting, especially when you're as bad as we have been recently.

I didn't mind her. Didn't think she was exceptional, but then, neither are any of the other Devils radio personalities.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Sherry is also getting up there in age, but so is Chico so I dunno. More people will tune into the radio now I am sure to hear Chico, so maybe that was their ultimate goal anyway?

It feels more like they went "Oh shit, we forgot to hire somebody after firing Sherry. Is that loveable doofus Chico still around? He'll do."

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
It feels more like they went "Oh ****, we forgot to hire somebody after firing Sherry. Is that loveable doofus Chico still around? He'll do."

It does sort of seem that way, with the timing and all anyway. Well I guess it's good they nabbed an abundantly familiar voice/personality for the gig.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I wonder why the change of heart for Chico. I remember he said he wanted to spend more time with his family in Minnesota when he retired...I guess he just missed hockey to much.

He did say at the time it was partially due to his mother in law dying and his wife wanting to be near the family at that time, something like that.

That's an intriguing head- scratcher of a comment. AFAIK, she wasn't lobbying for North Korea's weapons program or supporting Communist regimes.

No but some have argued she was shall we say too political on Twitter. I really don't think that had much to do with why she got the axe, of course you never know...but it's not a rabbit hole we're going down, especially since they've never cited any reason for her departure.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Seems a little odd...I thought Chico retired to spend time with family and enjoy himself without the time commitment of calling color full time.

Either way, glad to see Chico back! I would have preferred him to have take Johnny Mac's spot or have him in a TV role in some capacity.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad