chickenman's top 61 players/mock draft- jan 23

4Isles4*

i would be happy with Landeskog and Bell.....but if Nameistkov or kleffbum are there in the 2nd im looking at those 2...everyone saying this is a weak draft but I really like this draft because there are potential studs all over the first 2 rounds....

member 30781

i would be happy with Landeskog and Bell.....but if Nameistkov or kleffbum are there in the 2nd im looking at those 2...everyone saying this is a weak draft but I really like this draft because there are potential studs all over the first 2 rounds....

Who is saying it is a weak draft?

It's shaping up to be a VERY deep draft.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
If we still had our 2nd I'd be annoyed at taking a goalie with that pick.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

When Lou will be ready to announce his pick and Larsson is still on the board, I would bet my life savings on Lou selecting the Giant Swede.

If I do end up losing my life savings, I hope RNH will be the reason why :sarcasm:

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Jensen will not make it past ottawa in the 2nd

and Ottawa won't take a russian with their 2nd

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I know that in drafts, teams tend to go for BPA. But I can't see the Pens taking a goalie in round 2.

With Fleury still only 26 years old, barring injury, they literally won't need a #1 for close to the next decade. And thus any goalie they draft would be, at best, the future backup.

With the Pens' issues on the wings, I think you'll see them concentrate on forwards this draft. Possibly a defenseman, if he's BPA when their second round pick comes around, but likely a winger.

Chances are they'll take a flier on a goalie after round 3, just to make sure they have at least some kind of goalie prospect in their system, but I can't see it happening before that.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
So Nugent-Hopkins is №1 on the list because he didn't play at WJC so everybody would see that he is actually mortal?

Really what's the reason? Couturier outperformed RNH this year in CHL. So only logical explanation that you were not impressed with Sean at WJC. But RNH didn't play there so how can you judge he is better?

pouskin74*

So Nugent-Hopkins is №1 on the list because he didn't play at WJC so everybody would see that he is actually mortal?

Really what's the reason? Couturier outperformed RNH this year in CHL. So only logical explanation that you were not impressed with Sean at WJC. But RNH didn't play there so how can you judge he is better?

comon carl ! this is not a problem for you but be honest you are confused because Larsson isnt at numer 1 position!?:) however i do agree that RNH isnt good enough to be even top 3.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
comon carl ! this is not a problem for you but be honest you are confused because Larsson isnt at numer 1 position!?:) however i do agree that RNH isnt good enough to be even top 3.

RNH over Larsson is strange. Couturier over Larsson isn't.

pouskin74*

RNH over Larsson is strange. Couturier over Larsson isn't.

i like to reveal a secret to you. IMHO Larsson is definitely the best player out of this draft. no Couturier and no Landeskog or RNH but him!

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
i like to reveal a secret to you. IMHO Larsson is definitely the best player out of this draft. no Couturier and no Landeskog or RNH but him!

It's not a secret to me.)))

Yet I'd take RNH over Couturier. Strange.

Everybody can have his opinion and I know how nuch you canadians love your good old canadian boys from WHL/OHL.)))

What I'm saying here is that RNH moved to №1 because he didn't play at WJC. And Couturier has fallen to №6 because he did. Ridiculous, but that's how it works with armchair Gm's. First they buy the hype. Then the guy makes it to a big game they see him on TV and realize he's not a new Gretzky/Orr/Lemieux. So then they jump on the "previously underrated but in fact much more talented player bandwagon". What will happen if RNH will suck in playoffs or t U18's? Dougie Hamilton here we come!))).

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I'm going wee bit off the beaten path with this......but the first goalie taken will be Mike Morrison of the Kitchener Rangers.

(ok...he may not be the first goalie taken but I'm just giving notice he will be taken ahead of some other well mentioned goalie prospects!)

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
not a fan of Ryan Nugent-Hopkins that high either, there's quite a few players I'd take before him

I'm also wondering why Noesen isn't there. Outside of that, good stuff.

arsmaster*

In 5 years, RNH COULD be the best of the bunch.

He gets slighted becauase he is slight....a mix between Brad Richards and Patrick Kane is a pretty good player, not that Larsson or Courturier arent going to be good players.

In some peoples opinions RNH will be the best out of the draft, it has nothing to do with the WJHC IMO.

I would still take Larsson #1!

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

If I had to make a top 5 list of preference for my NJD, I'd go with...

Larsson
RNH
Couturier
Landeskog
Strome/Huberdeau

The rest of the crop is a toss up after that.

Ian Esplen

Mar 8, 2007
calgary
As a Nucks fan, I'm intrigued by your selection of Xavier Ouellet and Jeremy Boyce-Rotevall. Can you provide some insight on these two players?

Ouellet- Very smart calm puck moving D, plays great in his own end, always makes the right play. good skater.

JBR- great skater with skill and lots of heart. drives the net well, competes hard

Ian Esplen

Mar 8, 2007
calgary
Couturier at #6? It's going to be nasty here pretty soon :sarcasm:

The more I think about Couturier I keep seeing hima as a real good #2/1A centre or winger. I see him being a consistant 75 point guy.

The 5 players infront of him I see as 1st line guys who change games.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
In 5 years, RNH COULD be the best of the bunch.
He gets slighted becauase he is slight....a mix between Brad Richards and Patrick Kane is a pretty good player, not that Larsson or Courturier arent going to be good players.

In some peoples opinions RNH will be the best out of the draft, it has nothing to do with the WJHC IMO.

I would still take Larsson #1!

You could say that for a lot of the players though.

Ian Esplen

Mar 8, 2007
calgary
Calgary will not be taking a defenseman as things stand right now. We already have our D set for the next few years. We are so terrible at forward that even thinking of not taking a forward is laughable.

There are just so many things that aren't right in this mock. Sorry chickenman, definitely not your most logical mock draft ever.

if calgary's D is set then they are in some trouble.

Murphy is will be better then any flames D in 3-5 years

The flames prospects are a mess, but in order for forwards to score they need D that can put the puck on their stick instead of just chip the puck out

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Every time I look at a mock I come to the conclusion that there's no way NJ will be picking 1st unless they win the lottery. I bet they end up passing Ottawa and finishing 25-27th. 30th is going to be between the Oilers and Islanders.

But anyways, other than Couturier falling to 6th this isn't a bad one in my view. Thanks for posting, chickenman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad