Chicago's and Washington's young forward cores

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
It's impressive to look at both of those teams set of forwards for the next couple of years. Can your team ice a lineup made up of young veterans + top prosects that's better than those teams ?

CHI
Kane - Toews - McNeill
Panarin - Teravainen - Saad
Hartman - Danault - Schmaltz
Shaw - Kruger - Nordstrom

WSH
Ovechkin - Backstrom - Burakovsky
Kuznetsov - Johansson - Brouwer
Vrana - Barber - Galiev
Latta - O'Brien - Wilson

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Montreal

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - McCarron
Scherbak - Eller - Gallagher
Andrighetto - De La Rose - Hudon
Smith-Pelly - Bournival - Weise

And obviously Edmonton

Hall - McDavid - Eberle
Pouliot - RNH - Yakupov
Pakarinen - Draisaitl - Lander
Hamilton - Pitlick - Yakimov

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
NYI

Dal Colle-Tavares-Okposo
Lee-Strome-Ho-Sang
Bailey-Nelson-Collberg
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Oldest is Clutterbuck at 27.

I think there's going to be a great rivalry between Washington and NYI for the next few years. Great cores, young players, and they'll grow up in the league despising each other.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
This is a few years out but..

Milano-Johansen-Dano
Rychel-Wennberg-Bjorkstand
Foligno-Jenner-Atkinson
Calvert-Karlsson-Anderson

Pretty good.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
NYI

Dal Colle-Tavares-Okposo
Lee-Strome-Ho-Sang
Bailey-Nelson-Collberg
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Oldest is Clutterbuck at 27.

I think there's going to be a great rivalry between Washington and NYI for the next few years. Great cores, young players, and they'll grow up in the league despising each other.

I'm so excited for this.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It's impressive to look at both of those teams set of forwards for the next couple of years. Can your team ice a lineup made up of young veterans + top prosects that's better than those teams ?

CHI
Kane - Toews - McNeill

WSH
Vrana - Barber - Galiev
Latta - O'Brien - Wilson

I don't really think that bottom 6 is all that impressive for Caps to be honest

Also Brouwer about to be 30 yrs old ,, Hardly young. If your including 30 yr old Brouwer with Caps then 28 yr old Versteeg who offensively was as productive if not better then Brouwer this year should be included on Hawks as well

Also 30 yr old Brouwer this year

82 GP
21 goals
22 assists
43 pts

But you left off 28 yr old Versteeg

61 GP
14 goals
20 assists
34 pts

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
Leafs:

JVR - Nylander - Brown
Leivo - Kadri - Leipsic
Panik - Gauthier - Johnson
?- Verhaegge - Herzog

The answer right now is a resounding no. Only comfortable with Kadri, JVR, Panik, hopefully Johnson in their current spots. Everyone else needs to move down a line (Or Nylander to top-line wing).

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Tampa potentially could ice a better forward line up. They won't though because Cooper can't stop eating the paint chips.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I don't really think that bottom 6 is all that impressive for Caps to be honest

Also Brouwer about to be 30 yrs old ,, Hardly young. If your including 30 yr old Brouwer with Caps then 28 yr old Versteeg who offensively was as productive if not better then Brouwer this year should be included on Hawks as well

Also 30 yr old Brouwer this year

82 GP
21 goals
22 assists
43 pts

But you left off 28 yr old Versteeg

61 GP
14 goals
20 assists
34 pts

Brouwer and Versteeg won't be around by the time the kids like Vrana and Panarin become top 6 players.

Aestivalis

Oct 29, 2013

CHI
Kane - Toews - McNeill

WSH
Vrana - Barber - Galiev
Latta - O'Brien - Wilson

Is Hossa retired or scratched in this scenario?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
The Hawks have never had a better outlook than they do right now. Once we get through all the capocalypse doomsday stuff this summer and you look at the roster and assets the Hawks have going into 2015/16, people will say "... wait, weren't they screwed?"

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Landeskog - O'Reilly - MacKinnon
Tanguay (10th OA) - Duchene - Iginla (Bleackley)
Everberg - Mitchell - McGinn (Rendulic)​

If ROR stays Mitchell's is the only spot that could use an upgrade. If ROR leaves and we add a big C to fill in on that line before dropping to the 3C when MacK is ready, like if Hanzal were a UFA this year, we should be pretty stacked to. But if ROR leaves and we don't get a replacement things might be a little messy for a bit. Or if we use this first on a dman who won't help us until Bigras and Siemens are already on the team.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Brouwer and Versteeg won't be around by the time the kids like Vrana and Panarin become top 6 players.

You thinking Versteeg is gonna get traded this offseason then? Not disagreeing with you on that but, Panarin isnt really a kid. Hes gonna get a bunch of different top 6 looks next season. I would think he'll be a mainstay top 6 forward by the end of the season.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
You thinking Versteeg is gonna get traded this offseason then? Not disagreeing with you on that but, Panarin isnt really a kid. Hes gonna get a bunch of different top 6 looks next season. I would think he'll be a mainstay top 6 forward by the end of the season.

I thought he was younger than that. Well, Vrana just turned 19 and he isn't ready for the NHL next year.

Drew Doubty

Apr 4, 2010
Vancouver, B.C.
Canucks

Sedin Sedin Virtanen
Shinkaruk Horvat Baertschi
Gaunce Mccann Kassian
Grenier Cassels Jensen

Edler Tanev
Corrado Clendening
Subban Stewart

Lack
Markstrom
Ericsson
Demko

Appraisal: At forward some decent high end talent but I honestly can't think of team with more prospect depth than the Canucks right now. If even half of their first round picks turn out to be solid NHLers the Canucks will easily be able to reload their front end.

As for defence I can't think of a team with less depth. Corrado seems like he will top out as a #4 d-man, Tanev is good but not really a prospect, Clendening doesn't look like an NHL player to me, and Subban might not even sign.

In goal they are flush with talent as well.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Canucks

Sedin Sedin Virtanen
Shinkaruk Horvat Baertschi
Gaunce Mccann Kassian
Grenier Cassels Jensen

Edler Tanev
Corrado Clendening
Subban Stewart

Lack
Markstrom
Ericsson
Demko

Appraisal: At forward some decent high end talent but I honestly can't think of team with more prospect depth than the Canucks right now. If even half of their first round picks turn out to be solid NHLers the Canucks will easily be able to reload their front end.

As for defence I can't think of a team with less depth. Corrado seems like he will top out as a #4 d-man, Tanev is good but not really a prospect, Clendening doesn't look like an NHL player to me, and Subban might not even sign.

In goal they are flush with talent as well.

No offense but time to rebuild...Trade the twins.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Buchnevich - Brassard - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Hayes - Fast
Klingberg/R. Bourque - Lindberg - Miller

Nash isn't a young player but he's on a big, long contract so unless there's another blockbuster trade he'll stay until he's an old player.

The cap will be a question as soon as next year, I'll be disappointed if we can't resign Hagelin but it's a possibility.

A little short on top-end talent but you can't complain about the depth. Maybe one of Kreider, Hayes and Buchnevich will become a consistent gamebreaker at the NHL level.

Steezer99

Jan 21, 2015
Connecticut
Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Buchnevich - Brassard - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Hayes - Fast
Klingberg/R. Bourque - Lindberg - Miller

Nash isn't a young player but he's on a big, long contract so unless there's another blockbuster trade he'll stay until he's an old player.

The cap will be a question as soon as next year, I'll be disappointed if we can't resign Hagelin but it's a possibility.

A little short on top-end talent but you can't complain about the depth. Maybe one of Kreider, Hayes and Buchnevich will become a consistent gamebreaker at the NHL level.
I don't think we will resign Hagelin which sucks. But Hayes is going to be very good.

Evergreen

Tampa potentially could ice a better forward line up. They won't though because Cooper can't stop eating the paint chips.

I love how every team seems to hate their coach. You think Cooper is a bad coach despite the fact that he's helped develop a bunch of no-name prospects into bona fide stars and has guided the team to the 3rd round of the playoffs. With Tampa it all seems to stem from the fact that you guys don't like seeing Drouin not on the ice. But perhaps you should trust the guy that obviously knows a great deal more than you do about developing players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->