Chicago wins draft lottery, picks #1

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
isn't this one of those drafts where there is no solid #1 guy but a bunch of very good players that could go #1? It's not like they lost on on Tavares.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
Well Dale Tallon recently stated that he subscribes to the pick the best player available policy so whoever is the consensus #1 pick come draft time they will select him. Typical that the Hawks win it when there are no real super stars available but hey i'm not complaining :P

There wont be a consensus number one pick.

Jaysfanatic*

Oh, she does. :)

The Flyers are cursed this year. Can't win half of the games they play, and then can't win the damn lottery.

Hopefully Chicago wants to add Kane to the already plentiful stable of ex-London Knights.

Pretty sure Chicago will be a team you will end up hating then ;) lol

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
Toews-Kane-Bolland

Havlat - Toews - Kane :amazed:

Assuming Kane comes up next season or the one after that.

Oh and sorry if i'm being stupid but the lottery only affects where the team picks in the first round correct?

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Havlat - Toews - Kane :amazed:

Assuming Kane comes up next season or the one after that.

Oh and sorry if i'm being stupid but the lottery only affects where the team picks in the first round correct?

i'm not quite sure Kane is NHL ready yet. He's still awfully small. While I think he will be a great player, 1 or 2 years in the AHL would do wonders for his game.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
So does this mean that if the Oilers didn't win that last game against the Flames and THEY picked 5th overall instead of CHI, they'd be picking 1st now?

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
Could actually be fun to be a Hawks fan in a few years.

Havlat - Toews - Kane
Skille - Bolland - Ruutu

not a bad top 6 if all of them continue to develop. If the Hawks can persuade Havlat to sign an extension they could be a really good team in a few years.

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
I wouldn't rule out Lombardi trading out of the 4th spot for more picks. Just a hunch but it wouldn't be a huge shocker considering the drop-off happens kinda early this year. :dunno:

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
i'm not quite sure Kane is NHL ready yet. He's still awfully small. While I think he will be a great player, 1 or 2 years in the AHL would do wonders for his game.

Yeah by that comment i just meant Havlat is only signed for 2 more years so for that line to happen he'd have to come up next year or the one after that. Or if the Hawks managed to resign Havlat.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
So does this mean that if the Oilers didn't win that last game against the Flames and THEY picked 5th overall instead of CHI, they'd be picking 1st now?

lol, indeed it does. Thats kinda depressing for Oiler fans

Jaysfanatic*

Could actually be fun to be a Hawks fan in a few years.

Havlat - Toews - Kane
Skille - Bolland - Ruutu

not a bad top 6 if all of them continue to develop. If the Hawks can persuade Havlat to sign an extension they could be a really good team in a few years.
mhm, but you've also get defense to help Barker and Seabrook as well as a goaltender not named Khabibulin

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
We didn't win jack **** all year, none of us really expected to win this either...It will probably be the only time in this generation we'd even have a shot at the #1...

Big deal though, in this draft you win if you're in the top 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->