Chicago wins draft lottery, picks #1

Jaysfanatic*

Accoriding to a text from the Philadelphia Flyers.

:cry: :cry:

LOL you've got to be kidding me. A bad season for the Flyers takes a turn for the worse. HAHHAHA What are the Flyers going to get? 3rd? It's still a top 3 pick, nothing to sneeze at Johnny.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Chicago moves from 5th to 1st, Philadelphia slips to 2nd. Phoenix goes to 3rd, Los Angeles to 4th, Washington to 5th.

Transported Upstater

About damn time Chicago won it.

Not a consolation for Ovechkin and Crosby, but still, at least it's something.

Chicago fans, who's on your mind? The only player I can't see your team taking is Cherepanov...

I'll say Kane goes 1st overall.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
About damn time Chicago won it.

Not a consolation for Ovechkin and Crosby, but still, at least it's something.

Chicago fans, who's on your mind? The only player I can't see your team taking is Cherepanov...

I'll say Kane goes 1st overall.

chicago seems to like the NCAA boys. turris? wisconsin? could happen...

Midnight

Jun 17, 2006
San Jose
If the Blackhawks makes a screwy pick (as they've proven themselves prone to doing), the Flyers will probably still be able to get the player they want.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
it was a two man race for 1st overall anyway, the team that really missed out is Phoenix or you could make it a 3 man race for 1st with Turris so LA would be the team that gets screwed

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
They'll probably look for a winger to play with Toews if anything, so I don't know about Turris. I think Voracek would compliment Jon very well, both are two-way players with good offensive upside. But I guess they do have Skille who does the same, maybe Kane would add the crazy offensive flair on the other wing.

BuddehJuS

Nov 25, 2006
Well, this sucks...=/ Good for Chicago, I really hope my yotes do some magic to get Kane though...

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
Well Dale Tallon recently stated that he subscribes to the pick the best player available policy so whoever is the consensus #1 pick come draft time they will select him. Typical that the Hawks win it when there are no real super stars available but hey i'm not complaining :P. Personally i'd be happy with any one of Turris, Voracek and Kane.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I'm guessing Kane goes first to Chicago, Turris to Philadelphia, and Voracek to Phoenix.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
The Top 3 is really where the action is in this draft anyways. Turris, Kane, and Voracek are the main draw of this draft where there is no clear defined first overall selection. The 4th and 5th positions are the real losers of this lottery considering that everybody that picks in the Top 3 will be getting a nice potential player. Not saying that the rest of the lot has no potential, but after the first three those players will be off the board and the rest of the draft is much weaker for it. Chin up, Philly fans. You'll still get a great player. Carolina lost the lottery and drafted Eric Staal.

X0ssbar

Congrats Hawks. They've had some miserable lottery luck over the past few seasons - especially the Ovechkin/Malkin draft - so good for them.

Its either Kane or Voracek for them IMHO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad