Proposal: Chicago-Toronto

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
We can't afford to pay a second line winger $7M when we already have one making $6M and will have Strome and Cat to pay in the near future.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
We can't afford to pay a second line winger $7M when we already have one making $6M and will have Strome and Cat to pay in the near future.

Lazy analysis. Same goes for when people make the argument you cant pay 3 players over 10 million. Completely ignores the whole picture. Boot Anisimov off the roster and that damn near accounts for Nylander.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Willy or Seabrook for 5 more years at slightly under 7M... How Willy can be considered a waste coming from a Hawks fan is great.

Hawks fans get pissed when people say Saad is a bum because he had one down season and now call Nylander a bum after one down season. Nylander debatably becomes Chicago 4th best forward behind Toews, Kane and Cat. Waste of money though by the way.

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
Hawks fans get pissed when people say Saad is a bum because he had one down season and now call Nylander a bum after one down season. Nylander debatably becomes Chicago 4th best forward behind Toews, Kane and Cat. Waste of money though by the way.
The whole team has a down year last year. Keith had what 2 primary points all year? Sometimes there are good to really good players that have some bad years. Saad is easily a ~60 pt player and Willy has shown the same potential at the same age. Really the only difference between the two is a few years of age and that Nylander is a C/RW and more puck dominant while Saad has the advantage of being more physical and better in his own end.
I was SO pissed when we passed on Cat for Korshkov man... Imagine Cat-Tavares-Marner..... what in the hell would that even create??? So damn lucky he dropped to you guys.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You really think a 19 year old D-man that struggles defensively and either Perlini and Kahun (who, by the way, have very different values given that Perlini sucks and Kahun is pretty good), neither of whom crack Toronto's top-9 is going to convince Toronto to move a play driving winger that may be able to play center and had two 20 goal+, 61 point seasons before turning 21?

You're out to lunch.
Jokiharju struggles defensively? News to me. Only thing he struggled with was strength, he was one of the Hawks best Dmen before the new coach decided he was better off getting top mins in the AHL than 15mins in the NHL. I see both Perlini and Kahun as 3rd line players right now, Perlini a bit younger and has a higher draft stock than Kahun.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Willy or Seabrook for 5 more years at slightly under 7M... How Willy can be considered a waste coming from a Hawks fan is great.

Let me explain something to you. It is because we have contracts like Seabrook that our cap space is precious. We cannot afford to pay a second line winger $7M. In that sense, the cap space is wasted when we need it to address other pressing needs.

Get it?

Reactions: SoCalFan

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Lazy analysis. Same goes for when people make the argument you cant pay 3 players over 10 million. Completely ignores the whole picture. Boot Anisimov off the roster and that damn near accounts for Nylander.

Lazy analysis. Paying a second line winger $7M doesn't fix our most pressing need -- improving the defense.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Lazy analysis. Paying a second line winger $7M doesn't fix our most pressing need -- improving the defense.

Hawks won’t be spending on a defenseman. They just spent 3 years drafting them and have the 3rd overall pick in June and could take Byram. So you just decide they shouldn’t upgrade forward because last year team struggled defensively? Key word being last year. Fortunately they don’t ice the same team. Last year is irrelevant to next year.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Hawks won’t be spending on a defenseman. They just spent 3 years drafting them and have the 3rd overall pick in June and could take Byram. So you just decide they shouldn’t upgrade forward because last year team struggled defensively? Key word being last year. Fortunately they don’t ice the same team. Last year is irrelevant to next year.

I mean that if you were inclined to spend $7M/year on a player, I'd greatly prefer we didn't spend it on a forward. That's it.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Leaf fans are more down on Willy than ever so you'll probably have some takers on this. Joker is great but I'll keep Willy and expect him to bounce back fully next season. If after that he is still not effective for us then I consider moving him. The last ~40 games or so he scored slightly above his career PPG and during that whole stretch he couldn't buy a goal. I just have too much faith in him to be great to let him go after 1 bad season.

His career PPG was .73 which would be 29 points over 40 games. Considering he only had 27 points in 54 games I doubt he had over 29 in the last 40.

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
Toronto will be paying a good chunk of his salary July 1 but the reality is he is still a 7m cap hit for a team. Toronto can’t afford that next year and lots of other cap teams won’t be interested in Nylander. That will limit Toronto’s trade options.

Toronto brass is probably praying that Nylander has a good playoff to help his trade value. If he has a flat playoff Toronto is going to be forced to sell low.

gach

Aug 2, 2018
Uhhhh, Hawks already have a ton of cap and can create more by trading secondary pieces like Anisimov.
Well I disagree. Everyone is going with young and fast and I think that's what you have to do especially with 2 10 million dollar players

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
this is ugly. jokiharju has potential but Nylander is already proven as a 60+pt top line winger

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
So two AHLers and Nylander for 3 players that are better lmao thats crap

Nylander is the best player in the deal by a lot. Henri needs to have a 30+pt season playing 18+ mins to een get in the convo. leafs fans dont like your original garbage offer. stop being so defensive and let it go

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad