Proposal: Chicago - Toronto

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
No we don't need any more forwards. Plus Panarin is due for a huge salary. JVR and especially Kapanen will only be moved for a D man

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I'm not even sure how I would feel about a deal like this. I think Toronto says yes. Chicago leans towards no but has to think a bit. Panarin would probably change our PP for the foreseeable future, but it still doesn't address our glaring need for defence.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Never change leaf fans. Panarin is a PPG LW and we don't need him because we have some prospect who hasn't done anything and a 55 point winger on a good deal for a little longer. Hawks can get more for Panarin. I'll pass

Yes...this has nothing to do with the fact that we need DEFENSE if we are moving JVR, or maybe we don't want to give out a 7 million dollar contract to another winger....stupid Leaf fans.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Yes...this has nothing to do with the fact that we need DEFENSE if we are moving JVR, or maybe we don't want to give out a 7 million dollar contract to another winger....stupid Leaf fans.

Then say that... don't say it's because Kapanen has 20 goal potential... I mean come on.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Then say that... don't say it's because Kapanen has 20 goal potential... I mean come on.

Where did i say that? Wait...i didn't? Then maybe don't say things like " Never change Leafs fans", because the use of the plural gives the idea you are speaking to all of us, when in fact you should be responding to the person who actually said it.

Last edited:

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
A top-10 player in the NHL for JVR and a prospect who's value is diminishing (and offered in every Leafs proposal).
Not a chance the Hawks do this

I don't want to burst your comfort bubble but there is no correlation between a players value and their appearance on a fantasy trade board.

Kapanen's value is increasing, not decreases lmao..

H a w k s*

May 18, 2012
lol.... no.
Another classic example of JVR being hilariously undervalued.

#2 ovr pick, 6'3" 210 lbs on pace for 60 pts posting solid corsi stats.

Kapanen is being groomed for a PK role, is currently the fastest skater in the leafs org and has 20+ goal potential.

Panarin is ANOTHER small sized winger. Would be 1 of 778 in leafs org. Not even putting up that many more pts than JVR.

Common sense is really all that's asked for with these things

JVR is almost ten years removed from his draft year. No one should give two ***** about his where he was drafted by now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->