Friedman: Chicago still interested in Faulk

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I'm just saying, you're claiming Saad isn't available in the trade because you'd be selling low. Then turn around and lowball for Faulk because he's coming off a down season.

Saad has a lot more value to this team than two years of Faulk does and he absolutely should not be on the table for Faulk. There’s other reasons other than the sell low aspect that moving Saad for Faulk doesn’t make sense. If you don’t like what’s being offered for Faulk, then decline it and move on. The only one seemingly getting offended here is you.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
We want to buy low on Faulk because Carolina, from all the rumors and reports, are looking to trade him because they have so many other options on RD.

Us Hawks fans don't want to sell low on Saad because we have spots for him here. It's not like we're filled with more talented offensive forwards than Saad and he's being relegated to the 4th line.

We don't need to trade Saad while his value is the lowest it's been in years, and while Carolina doesn't technically need to trade Faulk while his value is low, they seem to be interested in moving him now because of how their roster is currently taking shape. Different set of circumstances.

The same conversation took place before the Hamilton trade, when Carolina didn't have the depth to move Faulk.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'm just saying, you're claiming Saad isn't available in the trade because you'd be selling low. Then turn around and lowball for Faulk because he's coming off a down season.
IMO, Forsling and a 2nd is not a low ball offer at all.

Forsling has big potential, and a 2nd in next years draft could be as high as 35.

What are you expecting for Faulk?

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Why would any fan here in fantasy land called HFBoards sell any of their own players low? I mean cmon, we are in HFBoards!

Of course we try to screw you. And bash your offers and go tell the Leafs fans that they should go sleep.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Hawks have decent amount of cap room and are in low 40's with regard to contracts

Also Hawks have never been team that leaks a lot of information and many deals come from nowhere

Hawks currently have 9 million to spend I wouldn't say that's a whole lot, considering they desperately need 2 defense man , a top 6 JVR , back up goalie and bottom 6 center and wing toughness

The Faulker

Dec 1, 2013
Saad has a lot more value to this team than two years of Faulk does and he absolutely should not be on the table for Faulk. There’s other reasons other than the sell low aspect that moving Saad for Faulk doesn’t make sense. If you don’t like what’s being offered for Faulk, then decline it and move on. The only one seemingly getting offended here is you.

I'm only pointing out the backwards logic when the selling low argument is made.

If I had my way, we'd just keep/resign Skinner and then move Faulk for an equivalent LHD.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I'm only pointing out the backwards logic when the selling low argument is made.

If I had my way, we'd just keep/resign Skinner and then move Faulk for an equivalent LHD.
There’s really no backwards logic because that’s not the only reason that deal doesn’t make sense. If it makes you feel better, I wouldn’t do Saad for Faulk even if Faulk had a terrific year and Saad had an even worse year. It doesn’t make sense to trade one of our best forwards for a two year rental in a position that we have one of the greater prospect pools in the nhl at RHD (and mostly PMDs like Faulk) when we’re not a Faulk away from being a legit cup contender. Realistically trading Saad for Faulk opens more holes than it fills.

The only reason the sell low argument was even made is I think it would be dumb to trade Saad for anyone right now (not JUST Faulk) as his value is at an all time low.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
The Hurricanes may want to unite Crawford with Darling in hopes of reviving Darling's game/career as Darling played really well as Crawford's backup. If the Hawks can move Crawford, they should do it and go after a goalie for a one or two year term until one of the rookies are ready to take over. This also helps free up cap space for other needs or some one coming back in the Crawford trade that helps fill a need.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Faulk

For

Jokiharju
Hayden
No chance on Jokiharju. At this point with Jokiharju, there is a chance he makes the team if he has a good camp based on his development and having a great last year in junior. There is always a chance he never even is as good as what Faulk is, but I would think there is hope he will end up better and the Hawks are probably not giving away his entry level cheap contract years taking the chance he ends up as good or better in a year or two.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
The Hurricanes may want to unite Crawford with Darling in hopes of reviving Darling's game/career as Darling played really well as Crawford's backup. If the Hawks can move Crawford, they should do it and go after a goalie for a one or two year term until one of the rookies are ready to take over. This also helps free up cap space for other needs or some one coming back in the Crawford trade that helps fill a need.

Why would the hawks move Crawford? Who’s your starter if they do?

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
What rookies? There’s no one in the Hawks’ system even close to looking like an NHL starting goalie. Crawford is the Hawks’ most important player. They shouldn’t trade him.
Why would the hawks move Crawford? Who’s your starter if they do?
Bingo.
Yuck

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
No chance on Jokiharju. At this point with Jokiharju, there is a chance he makes the team if he has a good camp based on his development and having a great last year in junior. There is always a chance he never even is as good as what Faulk is, but I would think there is hope he will end up better and the Hawks are probably not giving away his entry level cheap contract years taking the chance he ends up as good or better in a year or two.

Was taking the position of the Blackhawks wanted to still compete. Would including Anisimov be an option in a re-worked deal?

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Anisimov + 2019 2nd for Faulk and Darling (no retention)

3 assets for Faulk. If something like this is not good enough, walk away.

For some reason, the Canes are 100% on bringing back Darling. We don't need (or probably even want) Anisimov. So only the 2nd is really an asset here...and it's not much.

Totally wrong kind of offer. Think the Canes are looking for a Faulk for "top-4 LHD" deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad