Chicago owner Wirtz to be on MOJO Vancouver in a couple of minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSC2k2*

golfmade said:
:shakehead all you want, doesn't mean Wirtz isn't a ******** and things for the Blackhawks will get any better while he is still alive.
You don't even know the man.

Assuming you are not simply pulling people's chains, you, sir, are a complete, unvarnished, irresponsible _____________ (unable to say out of fear I will be warned) who contributes nothing here. Go away please.

And, yep, it sure is important that the Blackhawks get better.

golfmade

Go Preds Go
Dec 30, 2002
Idahoan in Taiwan
gscarpenter2002 said:
You don't even know the man.

Assuming you are not simply pulling people's chains, you, sir, are a complete, unvarnished, irresponsible _____________ (unable to say out of fear I will be warned) who contributes nothing here. Go away please.

And, yep, it sure is important that the Blackhawks get better.

You're correct, I don't know him, but one can do research into how he has handled both the team and the Blackhawks organization and how evil he is. I'm not pulling anyones chains, the team and organization will not get any better until he is gone. Call me 'unvarnished', call me 'irresponsible', call me whatever the hell you feel like calling me, I don't care. I do care what Wirtz has done to hockey in Chicago as well as to an original six team like the Blackhawks.

And no I won't go away just because you say 'please'. If you don't like what i'm saying, hey guess what, you don't have to respond, or you could even add me to an ignore list, voila!

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
golfmade said:
You're correct, I don't know him, but one can do research into how he has handled both the team and the Blackhawks organization and how evil he is. I do care what Wirtz has done to hockey in Chicago as well as to an original six team like the Blackhawks.

IE, He's "evil" because he doesn't let you watch his team for free and makes you pay for it, and because he runs the team at a profit, instead of spending massively and going into the hole to get a winner.

Wetcoaster

PecaFan said:
IE, He's "evil" because he doesn't let you watch his team for free and makes you pay for it, and because he runs the team at a profit, instead of spending massively and going into the hole to get a winner.
Obviously you have not read the Bill Wirtz expose - "Career Misconduct"

Career Misconduct exposes a series of corrupt practices by Chicago Blackhawks owner Bill Wirtz, including repeated antitrust violations, bribery of public officials, stealing from his 'niece's' trust fund, collusion against the NHL players, and the buying of special-interest legislation. In addition, the book details Bill Wirtz's greed, mismanagement, lies and civic irresponsibility as owner of the Blackhawks. The book is replete with startling, undisputed, never-before-made-public factual evidence of Wirtz's corporate mismanagement of a kind that is often rumored but seldom documented. Bill Wirtz is one of the richest men in the world, and one of the most powerful men in Chicago, but as the evidence in this book reveals, Wirtz has cynically abused his power and privilege for years. It is a story neither the Blackhawks nor Bill Wirtz want you to read. It is a story that brings into sharp focus Wirtz's commercial immorality. It is a story that proves that at least for billionaires like Wirtz crime does pay. It is a story that will turn your stomach. It is the story of Career Misconduct.
http://www.careermisconduct.com/
BTW the book was authored by Mark Weinberg, an attorney who lives in Chicago. He has been a Blackhawks fan for over 30 years. For eight years, he published a hockey program, The Blue Line, which chronicled game-by-game the activities of Bill Wirtz, the Blackhawks, and the NHL. He is a graduate of Yale University and the University of Chicago School of Law.

From the book's introduction:

But Wirtz's incredible wealth and status is only part of the story. The purpose of this book is to document Bill Wirtz's repeated acts of corruption, criminality, and lies. Taken as a whole, the book reveals an undeniable and startling pattern of corruption and lawlessness, including repeated violations of the antitrust laws, bribery, political payoffs, perjury, theft, collusion against NHL players, and monumental greed. For many readers, the exposure of Wirtz's criminality will not be a big surprise. Few businessmen anywhere have as bad a public reputation as Bill Wirtz, and thus much of what I reveal in this book will only serve to confirm what many already suspect about the man. But even if I am preaching to the converted, I hope the specific details of lawbreaking and corruption will serve to solidify the suspicions that already exist about Wirtz. It's enough if this book simply confirms that what people "know" about Wirtz is, in fact, true.
The emphasis of this book is on provable facts. This book is not an Oliver Stone movie that takes factual liberties to make a point. I do not want anyone to be able to dismiss this book as mere rhetoric, and any unsupported claims or exaggerations by me would undoubtedly be pounced upon by Wirtz's PR apparatus to diminish this book's credibility. To support my charges against Wirtz, I felt it incumbent upon me to provide readers with detailed footnotes so that all my charges can be confirmed by anyone interested in doing so. I have also scrupulously cited court records to provide readers with the means to substantiate all legal claims made against Wirtz. And besides, the taking of factual liberties wasn't necessary here, as Bill Wirtz has done enough provable criminal behavior that one doesn't have to make up anything in order to present him as a rather remarkable example of dishonesty and corruption.

GSC2k2*

Wetcoaster said:

http://www.careermisconduct.com/
BTW the book was authored by Mark Weinberg, an attorney who lives in Chicago. He has been a Blackhawks fan for over 30 years. For eight years, he published a hockey program, The Blue Line, which chronicled game-by-game the activities of Bill Wirtz, the Blackhawks, and the NHL. He is a graduate of Yale University and the University of Chicago School of Law.

From the book's introduction:
And the estimable Wetcoaster makes his triumphant return to the Business of Hockey Board!!!! Huzzah!!! Huzzah, I say!!!!

And what's more, our hero is offering up a self-published book by a guy who is pissed that he lost his case many years ago over his little self-published game-day program as evidence - PROOF!!!! - that Bill Wirtz is a bad, bad boy.

I missed ya, big fellah. Welcome back. It's just not the same without you.

Oh - in case you missed my point. Regarding your citation of this "book" as evidence of Bill Wirtz's character? A lamentable effort indeed.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Wetcoaster said:

No, I haven't. I don't read tripe.

You're a learned man, I can't believe you'd fall for this obvious fictional book. The title of Chapter 9 tells you all you need to know about it's veracity.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I swear this section of the boards has more wannabe-mods then any other for some reason.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Nah it's just Wetcoaster, I mean the CBA war is over already but he just can't let go of it, he seems to have this huge urge to bash the owners/pro-owners all the time. He has been at the Ducks board bashing Burke for few days now, copy & pasteing the same article over and over again.

Some people just don't know how to get over things.

Randy May

ScottyBowman said:
LOL@ the people standing up for that piece of trash Wirtz.

Count me as standing up...at the very least we can definitely say that the lockout happened in spite of Wirtz. You can call it archaic, or you can call it old school conservative. Wirtz is definitely his own man.

And besides...what's not to love about Wirtz...he owns/controls more booze than anyone in the midwest and owns an NHL hockey team...that's pretty much my dream job!

I laugh when cynics try to both portray Wirtz as a crotchety old drunk and lazy buffoon and then also speak of his constant acts of greedy and power hungry persuasive and lawbending acts. How can you be both that lazy... and at the same time the architect of one of the most succesful business models America has ever seen? Sure he inherited some of it, but most of it is his own doing.

SENSible1*

Hey Wettie,

Good to have you back.

Haven't heard your opinion of the new CBA and am most interested.

It's truly remarkable how accurate you were in predicting the PA's unshakable stance, willingness to go through decertification and use of the courts to bring the owners to their knees.

Vic Rattlehead*

PecaFan said:

Not everyone can afford to go to 41 games a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->