Value of: Chicago Calgary

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
The value seems fair, but I don’t see the Flames biting at all.

I just don’t think they’re in the market for Saad. They need more right-shot talent in the lineup IMO.

If they are going to dangle Hanifin in a trade (which I don’t think they should), they’d probably call Anaheim for Rakell.

Reactions: Schred

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
I mean, I’d do it. Hawks would most likely need to ship out one of Maatta, Keith, or De Haan in a separate deal though.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
If I’m the Flames I’m interested in adding more offense from the blue line and finding the right partner for Rasmus Anderson. I think Gustafsson-Rasmus would be a really solid second pair, and I’m not that high on Hanifin. Also I think Saad and his 25 goals and solid two way play would be a great as a winger alongside Johnny and Money

Reactions: themelkman

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Erik Gustafsson is one season removed from getting 60 pts and we have no defenseman putting up any offense this year. I see no reason we couldn’t resign him too, and he could be a great partner for Rasmus. Hanifin is younger and bigger and signed longer term, but Gustafsson is better offensively and Saad more than makes up the difference.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Hanifin is showing his potential since Gio went down. Guy is 6’3 and skates as well as any D in the game. Guy can become one of the best D in the league if he can play like this consistently.

Would take a stud young RW or RD to trade him

Reactions: Nanuuk

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
We need a right shot top 6 winger or centre... ffs lol.

Saad is good, but he'd be our 3rd best LW. Don't see a fit. Hanifin also looking a lot better without Hammer as of late.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Crazy how Flames fans overrate Hanifin. Are you watching these games? Last night again completely cost us the Kings 2nd goal and looked lost. He’s played 377 career games and has limited offensive upside, not to mention the defensive mistakes that happen every game. When are people gonna realize he’s a career 2nd pairing dman? He’s not just gonna all of a sudden become a 50 point great 2 way guy. Saad is a quality 2 way winger and Gustafsson although a rental scored 60 points last year and we could very likely resign him to play w our abundance of Swedish D. More than Hanifin could ever dream of

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Crazy how Flames fans overrate Hanifin. Are you watching these games? Last night again completely cost us the Kings 2nd goal and looked lost. He’s played 377 career games and has limited offensive upside, not to mention the defensive mistakes that happen every game. When are people gonna realize he’s a career 2nd pairing dman? He’s not just gonna all of a sudden become a 50 point great 2 way guy. Saad is a quality 2 way winger and Gustafsson although a rental scored 60 points last year and we could very likely resign him to play w our abundance of Swedish D. More than Hanifin could ever dream of

I think you're the only one who wants to trade Hanifin because you wish we would have kept Hamilton

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Crazy how Flames fans overrate Hanifin. Are you watching these games? Last night again completely cost us the
Kings 2nd goal and looked lost. He’s played 377 career games and has limited offensive upside, not to mention the defensive mistakes that happen every game. When are
people gonna realize he’s a career 2nd pairing dman? He’s not just gonna all of a sudden become a 50 point great 2 way guy. Saad is a
quality 2 way winger and Gustafsson although a rental scored 60 points last year and we could very likely
resign him to play w our abundance of Swedish D. More than Hanifin could ever dream of

I'm not going to comment on what hanifin is or isn't, or the trade value.
But if your complaining about a dman not playing good defense then I don't know how you will like watching Gustafsson in the d zone.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I think you're the only one who wants to trade Hanifin because you wish we would have kept Hamilton

Which is just weird, because Hanafin's weaknesses are very similar to the weaknesses Hamilton had, especially at a younger age.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Which is just weird, because Hanafin's weaknesses are very similar to the weaknesses Hamilton had, especially at a younger age.

Yeah well i still think we're hanging onto him,i think Kylington might be moved for a rhs top 6 forward

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Any winger the Flames look to acquire needs to check Yes in the following boxes before even being considered:
Does he shoot right?YN
Does he shoot good?YN
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Saadly Brandon only checks one.

Reactions: treple13

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012

Our fan base said the same thing about Dougie, Jay Bo, etc. Look at how those turned out for us...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad