Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blake Hillman

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Alright, let's get this started. I think we all know who the best prospect is, but let's make a poll to see how lopsided it can get. I'll probably close this tomorrow and start the #2, which will be a quick one as well.

Please tell me who I should add for the next poll.

(Didn't include anyone drafted before 2014)

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Anyone know why I can’t vote on polls on a mobile device? None of the options are clickable.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I suppose you could add Gravel and Peeters if we're doing goalies. Even Lankinen counts, right?

I'd make the argument that Galvas should be on the list. He played a full season against men in the top Czech league at 18 and his point totals were good too. Top defender under 22 in the league.

Tuulola, Laavainen, Gilbert and Ess are others you could add. It's possible Tuulola could have a season in Rockford like Niku just did in Manitoba.

Reactions: Hawkaholic

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Love Jokiharju. Think he has a good chance to pull a McAvoy/Sergachev this season.

But Boqvist's potential is way too high to not have him at #1. He hits his full potential, he's EK. If he reaches about 80% of his potential, he's Klingberg. Just can't vote against that.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
The more interesting question will be who’s the first forward off the board, and after how many dmen.:popcorn:

Reactions: ClydeLee

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Soderlund could be a dark horse for our best forward prospect. His style, skill, size, and progression are eerily similar to Viktor Arvidsson. Not to mention they were both skipped over in their first draft and rocked the same number on the same team in the SHL (Arvidsson doing so a few years earlier).

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Soderlund could be a dark horse for our best forward prospect. His style, skill, size, and progression are eerily similar to Viktor Arvidsson. Not to mention they were both skipped over in their first draft and rocked the same number on the same team in the SHL (Arvidsson doing so a few years earlier).
Arvi had the same coach and he says Soderlund is very similar to Arvi.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Alright, let's get this started. I think we all know who the best prospect is, but let's make a poll to see how lopsided it can get. I'll probably close this tomorrow and start the #2, which will be a quick one as well.

Please tell me who I should add for the next poll.

(Didn't include anyone drafted before 2014)

Shouldn't Fortin be on the list? He's attending Prospect Camp.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I do like how just a few weeks ago Boqvist was a reach and now he's our consensus top prospect.
Boqvist was never considered a reach. His skill has always had him consistently ranked in the top 5. It was concussion concerns that scared everyone away. They're still technically a concern, but Boqvist's upside still makes him our top prospect even if he's far out.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I do like how just a few weeks ago Boqvist was a reach and now he's our consensus top prospect.
Ive made mention of this before but Boqvist wasn’t on my radar because before the draft I had never actually seen him play. I would imagine I’m not the only one as most of his time has been spent in Swedish junior hockey leagues.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

I don't think he was ever a reach at #8, honestly. And don't think many thought so either. He just has concussion concerns, but was always a consensus top 5 guy based on talent, and staying healthy.

Toews had as many concussions in college as Boqvist has so far, IIRC.

Reactions: clydesdale line

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Toews had as many concussions in college as Boqvist has so far, IIRC.

I believe I was the first one here to point that out. :laugh: But yea as @Hawkaholic said, no matter who we picked at #8, he was automatically getting the #1 spot in our system. It's just a cherry on top that it was a guy myself and a few others here liked alot before the draft.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad