Confirmed with Link: Chicago Blackhawks sign Arvid Söderblom

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Remember someone here asking about him just the other day.

Good to see him get signed. 2nd best save percentage in the SHL this year, and is one of only 4 SHL goalies under 22 that got any real minutes this season.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Remember someone here asking about him just the other day.

Good to see him get signed. 2nd best save percentage in the SHL this year, and is one of only 4 SHL goalies under 22 that got any real minutes this season.
With how well he played, and how young he is, this has the making to be a really good signing. Plus it's Hawks Euro scouts. Their track record is so good.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So this means we will not draft a goalie with our 1st (I doubt Wallstedt still on the board when we draft we draft but Cossa would be there and he is a potential franchise goalie too).

BUT I guess Stan now will hope MCTavish lasts to our pick (I doubt it... so maybe he packages our pick to move up or down to get a higher pick or an experienced player in a multi-pickand player deal and we will bypass tge chance for another top goalie talent via tgecdraft...unless we move downand get Cossa anyway later.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Great pick up! With Soderblom and Commesso in the system. That helps to restock the cupboard

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Chicago's super attractive to young FAs right now. They know the team has spots to win and they are investing heavily in young players and giving them opportunities. If they hit, they get to be part of one of the biggest teams in the NHL.

Reactions: bwana63

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
great free lottery ticket. gotta believe in the euro scouts with the track record they have.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Boss move. Massively better outcome than drafting a goalie with a first or a second, or any pick for that matter. Looks like he has the goods.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Does not mean automatically we do not draft a goaliecwith our 1stvpick.

This draft has 2 exceptional goakie prospects...

Jesper Wallstedt will be a top ten pick...maybe top 5 overall...

Sebastian Cossa is mid first on some lists...including #15 on BobMcKenzie(TSN) ranking which consults actual scouts ofv19 differentvNHL teams...McKeesport ranks Cossa at #14 ...

So if Stan znd his scoutsxthink Cossa has nid-first value then he would becactrafet considered at #12 ..

Stan has said often tgat it comes down toba decision between a close group of equal value aroubdvourcdraftcslot...If tgere is no big gap between these then other factors lije organizational need may determine the decision.

I do nit think they always stick to tge okd best player on our list ranking .if it is ckise between a firwardcorcdnan remaining to take ...It is always harder to compare goalies to position players...
If the highest ranked player remaining ourcspot has speed sjkill aggression ,works hard,ekitevshotbor playmaker but lacks size,the Hawks migh vdoubt we need another "little guy"....and if the goalie remaining projectscto a higher ceiling than the forwardvor dman remaining...you grab this goalie...

If it is a goalie exceptional draft with 2 top 15
Value goalies who may turn out morevimoactuk than even OwenOower or Like Hughes or Matt Beniers .you grao tgat soeciak goalie even if you just signed what you hoped will be a future stud goalie.

The BPA remaining may certainly be a goalie....this draft.

So I woukd not automatically state we should not draftcacgoakiecwith our first...it all depends on what remains on the board and why or why not we want or do not want that
pkayervorvokayerscin our system.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Does not mean automatically we do not draft a goaliecwith our 1stvpick.

This draft has 2 exceptional goakie prospects...

Jesper Wallstedt will be a top ten pick...maybe top 5 overall...

Sebastian Cossa is mid first on some lists...including #15 on BobMcKenzie(TSN) ranking which consults actual scouts ofv19 differentvNHL teams...McKeesport ranks Cossa at #14 ...

So if Stan znd his scoutsxthink Cossa has nid-first value then he would becactrafet considered at #12 ..

Stan has said often tgat it comes down toba decision between a close group of equal value aroubdvourcdraftcslot...If tgere is no big gap between these then other factors lije organizational need may determine the decision.

I do nit think they always stick to tge okd best player on our list ranking .if it is ckise between a firwardcorcdnan remaining to take ...It is always harder to compare goalies to position players...
If the highest ranked player remaining ourcspot has speed sjkill aggression ,works hard,ekitevshotbor playmaker but lacks size,the Hawks migh vdoubt we need another "little guy"....and if the goalie remaining projectscto a higher ceiling than the forwardvor dman remaining...you grab this goalie...

If it is a goalie exceptional draft with 2 top 15
Value goalies who may turn out morevimoactuk than even OwenOower or Like Hughes or Matt Beniers .you grao tgat soeciak goalie even if you just signed what you hoped will be a future stud goalie.

The BPA remaining may certainly be a goalie....this draft.

So I woukd not automatically state we should not draftcacgoakiecwith our first...it all depends on what remains on the board and why or why not we want or do not want that
pkayervorvokayerscin our system.
No, I’m not a fan of using a top pick on a goalie anyway. Now with this kid, Commesso and Lankinen in the fold the team has much bigger needs in both the short and long term to use the pick on a goalie.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Powers had a story on him today. Soderblom greatly exceeded expectations this season and forced a 1A/1B rotation with a veteran goalie who is one of the best in the SHL. Humble, hardworking kid that his goalie coach envisions making a successful transition to the AHL next season with an appearance with the Hawks by the end of the season. Soderblom was a once highly-touted prospect that had a couple down seasons and has now come back with a vengeance. I'm excited to see what this kid has to offer. On a side note, I did pick him up in my deep fantasy hockey league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad