Chicago Blackhawks prospects prove future is bright in 2014-15

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
trevor_van_riemsdyk_chicago_110914.jpg
Photo: Chicago signed Trevor van Riemsdyk out of the University of New Hampshire back in 2014; he looks like a good option to bolster the defense next season (courtesy of Paul Bergstrom/Icon Sportswire)

The Blackhawks are stockpiled with young talent, especially down the middle and on defense. Six of those prospects got a look at some point during the 2014-15 season, the most notable being Finnish phenom Teuvo Teravainen.

However, with Chicago having eliminated the Minnesota Wild in the 2015 Stanley Cup playoffs, it’s quite evident head coach Joel Quenneville feels more comfortable playing his seasoned veterans in the postseason as supposed to the rookies.… read more

The post Chicago Blackhawks prospects prove future is bright in 2014-15 appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I don't see the depth on Wings or Center that he does. I think Dannult, Mcneal, Hartman, all top out at Third line potential Nordy and Baun are 4th liners at best.

On D that is another story on potential:
Johns Reilly (if he signs) Top pairing.
Pokka, @ 2nd pairing.
TVR 3rd pairing
Palliota- I say 3rd pairing but he could be a 2nd.
Press and Gustav- Could be top 4.
Dahlstrom could be a 3rd.
Svedberg could be a 3rd as well. He has 4A +4 in 5 games in Playoffs, in 49 RG has 3 G 11A and is +14. Has he been the beneficary of Johns or has Johns been the beneficary of Svedberg at some level. he is a RFA.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
I don't see the depth on Wings or Center that he does. I think Dannult, Mcneal, Hartman, all top out at Third line potential Nordy and Baun are 4th liners at best.

On D that is another story on potential:
Johns Reilly (if he signs) Top pairing.
Pokka, @ 2nd pairing.
TVR 3rd pairing
Palliota- I say 3rd pairing but he could be a 2nd.
Press and Gustav- Could be top 4.
Dahlstrom could be a 3rd.
Svedberg could be a 3rd as well. He has 4A +4 in 5 games in Playoffs, in 49 RG has 3 G 11A and is +14. Has he been the beneficary of Johns or has Johns been the beneficary of Svedberg at some level. he is a RFA.

TVR has the potential to be a 2nd pairing defensemen. PMD capabilities aside, I thought he was far and away our 3rd most reliable dman. Offensively his upside might not be that great, but I thought he was consistently one of the smartest players we had.

It's a shame he got hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad