Chicago 10/24

DaGoose

Jul 22, 2015
I bought my plane tickets to head up to Chicago next month. I don't imagine many TB fans there and prices are ridiculous but I wanted to see a game in Chicago. Is anyone going?

Prepare to get heckled. I've heard horror stories from Wings fans who went to a game at Chicago.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I don't think Hawks fans hate us like they do the Wings, though. You might get as much props as heckling.

Anyway I'm not planning on going. One day I will watch the Bolts play on the road...

Tampabear

Mar 5, 2014
I don't think Hawks fans hate us like they do the Wings, though. You might get as much props as heckling.

Anyway I'm not planning on going. One day I will watch the Bolts play on the road...

Just cruise over to Sunrise. I have a lot of business trips there. You get down on the glass pretty easy. I did see the Bolts in MSG a few years ago. That was cool.

CommunistDayKare

I'M SORRY RUM HAM
Mar 7, 2010
Tampa, FL
If they do heckle it'll be because of the attendance policy that a lot of fair-weather fans hang on to like the last time the Bears won the super bowl.

If I was still living up there i'd totally go though. Have you ever been to Chicago before?

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary

One day I will watch the Bolts play at home...

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
If they do heckle it'll be because of the attendance policy that a lot of fair-weather fans hang on to like the last time the Bears won the super bowl.

If I was still living up there i'd totally go though. Have you ever been to Chicago before?

Not for a hockey game. I've seen the Bolts in Minnesota, St. Louis, Dallas. St. Louis had by far the worst (mostly intoxicated) fans

Hopefully I come out alive hehe

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
You should be fine in Chicago. You may get some good natured heckling but if you ran into an incident of legitimate concern I'd be surprised. There are always those types around, though. All in all, you should be absolutely fine. Like others have said, even if you ran into those types, there isn't a hatred or dislike of the Lightning at all. To anyone going, enjoy! And feel free to visit the Visiting Chicago thread on the Blackhawks board here.

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
You should be fine in Chicago. You may get some good natured heckling but if you ran into an incident of legitimate concern I'd be surprised. There are always those types around, though. All in all, you should be absolutely fine. Like others have said, even if you ran into those types, there isn't a hatred or dislike of the Lightning at all. To anyone going, enjoy! And feel free to visit the Visiting Chicago thread on the Blackhawks board here.

I think it'll be okay. What's funny is my biggest love in sports is actually the White Sox in baseball. Most of them (Hawks fans) are probably Cubs fans though hahaha

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I think it'll be okay. What's funny is my biggest love in sports is actually the White Sox in baseball. Most of them (Hawks fans) are probably Cubs fans though hahaha

There's a lot of Sox fans among them but Cubs fans outnumber Sox fans in the Chicago area for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad