Injury Report: Chiarot out (week-to-week)

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Lol wut.

Zadina is as soft as chinchilla fur. Chiarot will engage people in the corners and even drop them.

WILL... he's lost that. Drop people.... HAHAHA. As stated, the only thing he drops is the +/- stat.

A -27 this season. For his career... -36. Walman is a +15

Chiarot left his toughness in Montreal.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Biggest loss for a while, when playing without him.

Who's the new scapegoat?
When camera shows locker room with names and then fans see Chiarot it will be enough to blame him for losing games. If you ask who is second most hated by Red Wings fans player it's Zadina

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
When camera shows locker room with names and then fans see Chiarot it will be enough to blame him for losing games. If you ask who is second most hated by Red Wings fans player it's Zadina
Not at YOU, just keying off your post:

Do people out there really think we're ever getting back to an era where the Wings will be icing 2 or 3 HoF players every shift for a decade or more? Is that why they get so internet-mad?

Reactions: lilidk and SoupNazi

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
Not at YOU, just keying off your post:

Do people out there really think we're ever getting back to an era where the Wings will be icing 2 or 3 HoF players every shift for a decade or more? Is that why they get so internet-mad?
Even then they'd still find something to bitch about. "I know we just posted our 75th shutout in a row, but I'm so sick and tired of the way the 7th dman sits there in the press box. The way he chews his gum is so pathetic! It's embarrassing. Even though we are the back to back to back to back to back to back champions, we'll NEVER win another one unless Yzerman addresses the third string GR goalie situation!"

Reactions: jkutswings

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Lol wut.

Zadina is as soft as chinchilla fur. Chiarot will engage people in the corners and even drop them.

Lol wut.

Did you watch the Avs game? Bruce Boudreau called the Wings out as soft. They played the video of Ka-CHUNK's son calling them out. I tried to post it was as frustrating as watching this team.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I mean... Stick Ed with Maatta and see how our top 4 operates at 25min+ a night.

Ed is easily not ready for 20+minutes a night. He played 15 the other night, and most people were saying he was nothing special out there.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Ed is easily not ready for 20+minutes a night. He played 15 the other night, and most people were saying he was nothing special out there.
Yet somehow Chia managed...

Most people still around these days are the doom brigade. I watched the game. He was more than fine. And with his toolset I trust Ed with bigger minutes way more than the alternatives.

Last edited:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Yet somehow Chia managed...

Most people still around these days are the doom brigade. I watched the game. He was more than fine. And with his toolset I trust Ed with bigger minutes way more than the alternatives.

Chia didn't manage though, worst plus minus by a lot.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Chia didn't manage though, worst plus minus by a lot.
That's the point being made. If Chia is easily ready for 20+ minutes, then Ed is. He's our 4th best D, at minimum. Play him.

And for those keeping score at home, Ed was at minimum our 4th best D in preseason.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
That's the point being made. If Chia is easily ready for 20+ minutes, then Ed is. He's our 4th best D, at minimum. Play him.

And for those keeping score at home, Ed was at minimum our 4th best D in preseason.

I think you are over-emphasizing how easy it is to adjust to the NHL. Playing Ed 20+ minutes a night could easily lead to him being -3 or -4 like Maatta and Oesterle tonight, which would just kill his confidence. No problem with him playing more than the 14 he did play tonight, but you are making it sound like he is some seasoned vet who can do it all. Even in the AHL he was getting lit up on a bad team at times.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I think you are over-emphasizing how easy it is to adjust to the NHL. Playing Ed 20+ minutes a night could easily lead to him being -3 or -4 like Maatta and Oesterle tonight, which would just kill his confidence. No problem with him playing more than the 14 he did play tonight, but you are making it sound like he is some seasoned vet who can do it all. Even in the AHL he was getting lit up on a bad team at times.
Or it could lead to Ed thriving like other young D given big responsibilities.

You know what else might kill his confidence? Looking at Chia's performance all season and knowing that the coaching staff trusts that more.

And who is talking about vets that can do it all? We are talking about vets that very clearly can't do it all. They're just older. That's it, they're older.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad