Chia needs to make moves now.

KCBRUIN

Tuukka Time
Nov 11, 2010
Kansas City Mo.
Dominic Tiano ‏@dominictiano

Gut feeling is Iginla to Boston by the weekend, Monday at the latest. Everything I'm hearing leads me to think this, but not set in stone

cbe254fe3b5b2803984adffe6900f1bc.jpg

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
Absolutely love it!

But also completely irrational when it comes to Iginla.

I refuse to get my hopes up too much, don't want to be disappointed if it doesn't happen. Not questioning Dom or anything like that, just have been let down at prior deadlines.

That said, am I missing something, or would this not be the Bruins biggest deadline acquisition ever? Gonchar was big, Iafrate too, weren't Poulin and Galley deadline guys too? Either way, none were on this level.

Edit: Poulin and Galley were both January acquisitions.

jasonbaz77*

I am fine with a little overpaying if it makes us more likely to win NOW. The team is built to win NOW. We already lost a precious year of priceless opportunity by doing nothing.

We all seem to forget the post-lockout years when all you could hope for was getting a nice draft pick. We may not have a better chance to win again in our lifetimes than this window.

OVERPAY..PLEASE OVERPAY

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
Yeah, I was one of the people saying he's over the hill, but the more I think about it, the more I want him on the team.

As long as we're not losing any major pieces from the current roster, I think he'll be a great fit.

Many thought Bourque was over the hill when he left for COL too. A motivated player, who knows that this is their last shot to win the Cup is like magic. A motivated Iginla could be unstoppable.

Reference also Mark Recchi, who played a tinsy tiny part in the Bruins Cup Run. ;)

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Many thought Bourque was over the hill when he left for COL too. A motivated player, who knows that this is their last shot to win the Cup is like magic. A motivated Iginla could be unstoppable.

Reference also Mark Recchi, who played a tinsy tiny part in the Bruins Cup Run. ;)

Awright, you got me convinced!!! :laugh:

I'm prepared to be gettin Iggy widdit!

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I am fine with a little overpaying if it makes us more likely to win NOW. The team is built to win NOW. We already lost a precious year of priceless opportunity by doing nothing.

We all seem to forget the post-lockout years when all you could hope for was getting a nice draft pick. We may not have a better chance to win again in our lifetimes than this window.

OVERPAY..PLEASE OVERPAY

I agree, as long as it's not silly. It's not like this team has been making deep playoff runs year after year. Go for it, Pittsburgh sure is.

jasonbaz77*

If I am Chia I would ping NYR about Gaborik. Asking price will be high but his package is what the Bruins need.

"Multiple teams have called the Rangers about Marian Gaborikto get a feel what is going on. The price is high. The Rangers are still looking for a top-four defenseman and a top-nine forward with grit."

I would pay that price. The salary is high 7.5...but it was a 5 year deal in 2009. Not outrageous for his skill level. I don't think there are that many buyers right now.

If they pick up Iggy it would be similar pay for an older and less explosive player. I would definitely take Iggy right now...but I think Gabby should be explored too. LEGIT 40 goal scorer.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Iginla would have to sign an extension to waive his NTC one would think...and if he really wants Boston maybe the price goes down a little bit...

I hope we get him..

With what we hear about Iggy's list of 4 teams, the fact that Bob Mckenzie said the Bruins were the team most motivated to get him, Dom tweet, etc, I will be very surprised/disapointed if we don't end up getting him...

Let's go Chia! Get it done!

Looch-Krejci-Seguin
March-Bergy-Iginla
Yeti/Kelly-Peverley-Horton
Merlot

Enjoy a very entertaining Cup run fellow B's fans!

BB624

Jan 1, 2009
Boston Ma-Roslindale
If I am Chia I would ping NYR about Gaborik. Asking price will be high but his package is what the Bruins need.

"Multiple teams have called the Rangers about Marian Gaborikto get a feel what is going on. The price is high. The Rangers are still looking for a top-four defenseman and a top-nine forward with grit."

I would pay that price. The salary is high 7.5...but it was a 5 year deal in 2009. Not outrageous for his skill level. I don't think there are that many buyers right now.

If they pick up Iggy it would be similar pay for an older and less explosive player. I would definitely take Iggy right now...but I think Gabby should be explored too. LEGIT 40 goal scorer.

And you completely screw up next years cap.

Kaoz*

No on so many levels.

Rangers as per usual made their bed, they can lie in it.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Hey mods, can we merge this with trade rumors thread. Deadline only a week away. No relevance to Chia must make a move now point. Pretty obvious isn't it?

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North

This is thrown around to loosely .... Do you understand how many options there are :shakehead

Trades, Buyouts, Not resigning, shipping contracts out ( ie thomas ) .... Not saying it happens everyday .... but tons of options ....

jasonbaz77*

You all realize that Iginla won't come here without knowing that a long term deal will be forthcoming right? Talk about screwing up the cap. I also don't see him scoring 40 goals...Gabby can.

It will be 7 Mill-ish either way. Rather get a 31 year old who can score 40. Either way I will be glad if they do SOMETHING this year.

BB624

Jan 1, 2009
Boston Ma-Roslindale
You all realize that Iginla won't come here without knowing that a long term deal will be forthcoming right? Talk about screwing up the cap. I also don't see him scoring 40 goals...Gabby can.

Everyone here is always so sure about things...and are shown to be wrong later.

Are you sure that you he won't come here without a LTD? I think he would come here without a LTD. Show what he still has and become a UFA on the open market.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH

It will be 7 Mill-ish either way. Rather get a 31 year old who can score 40. Either way I will be glad if they do SOMETHING this year.

7 million either way? There's no way Iginla has an AAV of 7 million on his next contract.

BB624

Jan 1, 2009
Boston Ma-Roslindale
This is thrown around to loosely .... Do you understand how many options there are :shakehead

Trades, Buyouts, Not resigning, shipping contracts out ( ie thomas ) .... Not saying it happens everyday .... but tons of options ....

So you get Gabby

And this summer the Bruins are just to start with 17 players signed and NO GOALIE signed 171,000 under the cap. That is a lot of work and players being traded and using buyouts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad