Trade: [CHI/WSH] Otto Porter for Jabari Parker, Bobby Portis. and 2023 2nd

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Trades are starting to happen. Porter's decent enough but can't be to happy to be going to a lowly (Even lower than the Wizards) Bulls team.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Trades are starting to happen. Porter's decent enough but can't be to happy to be going to a lowly (Even lower than the Wizards) Bulls team.

At least Bulls are a team on the way up. Wizards are a shitshow.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Porter has a big contract but the Wizards really couldn't do any better than this? A team like the Kings, who have wanted him for years, couldn't make a better offer? I think Jabari is basically just salary filler here so it's Portis and a future second round pick for Porter.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
At least Bulls are a team on the way up. Wizards are a ****show.

Yeah if I'm Porter I'm perfectly fine leaving that circus for a team that albeit are bad now should be on the up.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I like Otto Porter a lot, so this seems a bit low for him.

That said, the Wizards are imploding. Full on tank this season and next I think. I'd bet Beal is on his way out very, very soon.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
this trade makes no sense for the wizards

brooks likes playing small ball and now he has 3 centers on the roster plus dwight MIA. maybe portis will be dealt again by tomorrow

Reactions: Voight

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
It makes sense because the Wizards have been dying to unload his contract. Ariza is a better fit for them. With Dwight MIA it helps them still stay somewhat relevant in the playoff race, I suppose. Portis can come in off the bench and score a crap ton of points quickly as well. He's a good fit there (if he stays)

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Bulls get the best player in the trade.

Wiz get a guy who can produce off the bench.

Jabari will prolly end up in LA.

Win/win here

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It makes sense because the Wizards have been dying to unload his contract. Ariza is a better fit for them. With Dwight MIA it helps them still stay somewhat relevant in the playoff race, I suppose. Portis can come in off the bench and score a crap ton of points quickly as well. He's a good fit there (if he stays)
I'd bet the Wizards deal Ariza, too.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I wonder if they'll look to move Beal as well

I could see Detroit being very interested, though I don't know if they have the assets to make it happen

Sep 19, 2008
In case anyone feels like congratulating Ernie on a job well done, consider that he traded Otto and Oubre, two first round picks, and all he got in return is expiring contracts. Which is nothing. No additional assets. Nothing. He’s the classic arsonist firefighter.

ChiTownCode

Natural Perm
Aug 13, 2013
Chicago
Bulls desperately needed a 3 and D at SF- a glaring hole which Otto has filled wonderfully, Spacing, D and knockdown 3 point shooter. Bulls def look like a much better team with him (6-3/6-4 with him), Now they need a point guard and a better bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->