Proposal: CHI-VAN

sdbullet

Dec 19, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
CHI: gets Nate Schmidt

Van: gets Connor Murphy

Schmidt is a mobile 2 way defenceman with excellent puck moving ability, great skater and excellent shot.

Murphy is a big stay at home man, with decent mobility and solid defensive skills

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
lmao no Murphy is our best defenseman.

Anyone saying Schmidt is better is out of their mind.

Murphy is younger, cheaper (seriously Schmidt's contract is embarrassingly bad), better, and a huge locker room leader and voice for the team.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI

Murphy is younger, cheaper (seriously Schmidt's contract is embarrassingly bad), better, and a huge locker room leader and voice for the team.

05953794-60B7-4FEF-B2C2-321BEC0FCDB1.gif

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
6M a year for a second pairing D man? Yeah no thanks

That is what the Canucks do tho, Edler 6m, Myers 6m, Schmidt 5.9m. Bring Gallant in and I bet you see a way different Schmidt, put the guy on the right side that he prefers to play and has proven at the NHL level that he can be very effective at!

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
This trade would be pointless, we trade our best D to a player who would be our best D. Added 3M in salary would mean that we probably would have to say no to another trade.
but if the player is better and we have cap space.....

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
This trade would be pointless, we trade our best D to a player who would be our best D. Added 3M in salary would mean that we probably would have to say no to another trade.
semantics - but its $2million

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

He's a top 4 dman, making top 4 dman man money, care to explain how it's embarrassingly bad?

Sounds like someone has a bias.......

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I get it from VAN point of view. They could use a stay-at-home dman to play with their puck mover and Schmidt skillset seems a bit redundant. But Chicago also have puck-movers on the backend, they are more desperate for another guy like Murphy than another offensive-minded blueliner.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I would honestly pass for Vancouver, The cap alone even outs the trade tho

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Schmidt is better than Murphy, this is obvious for those objective enough to watch them play.

Funny how Schmidt was viewed as a solid top pairing guy from last season in Vegas to a ”overpaid second pairing” defenseman now that he plays for the Canucks. Never change HF.

Schmidt is pretty much the same player as last season. The difference is he plays for a shitty defensive coached team and not used to his strengths.

Last edited:

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
The fact that fans of both teams are saying "no" tells me it is a pretty fair trade. Considering that Murphy is 2 M per cheaper and fits more of what Vancouver needs makes it a good match for them. Granted, Vancouver would just blow that extra cap space on some bottom 6 plug anyways. I watched and followed the Canucks rather closely this season and I expected more from Schmidt.

Reactions: ChiHawk21

Mergatroidskittle

Dec 26, 2015
The fact that fans of both teams are saying "no" tells me it is a pretty fair trade. Considering that Murphy is 2 M per cheaper and fits more of what Vancouver needs makes it a good match for them. Granted, Vancouver would just blow that extra cap space on some bottom 6 plug anyways. I watched and followed the Canucks rather closely this season and I expected more from Schmidt.
You mean you expected more from a guy joining a new team in a limited season on to boot the global pandemic that crunched there season that no other team dealt with other than Dallas.. wow shocker. Added some context and you see how dumb your post really is

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad