Trade: [CHI/SA] DeMar DeRozan (signs 3 years, $85M) for Thad Young, AF Aminu, 2025 1st, 2022 and 2025 2nds

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The Raptors wouldn't have to rely on DeRozan to be their go-to scorer this time 'round... they would have a very balanced scoring lineup...

Maybe even go small ball

Vanvleet
DeRozan
Anunoby
Barnes
Siakam

I'd have been curious to see what that lineup could do...
If you could get him to take 5 million then sure but I doubt he would even entertain the thought of playing for Masai. Small ball can only work in certain situations for short periods of time. Come playoff time small ball doesn't work.

Reactions: Know Your Enemy

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
If you could get him to take 5 million then sure but I doubt he would even entertain the thought of playing for Masai. Small ball can only work in certain situations for short periods of time. Come playoff time small ball doesn't work.

He signed a 3 year deal with Chicago at 26 million per season... so, in order to take on that salary, Dragic's contract would've been going the other way in a sign-n-trade

I would've been okay with DeRozan for the next 3 seasons...

As for the small ball...

I don't think guys like Birch and Achiuwa are going to work "come playoff time", so I'm not sure what the issue is...

It's not as though the Raptors were legit contenders, and I'm suggesting they should've sacrificed that chance to contend to bring back DeRozan

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
He signed a 3 year deal with Chicago at 26 million per season... so, in order to take on that salary, Dragic's contract would've been going the other way in a sign-n-trade

I would've been okay with DeRozan for the next 3 seasons...

As for the small ball...

I don't think guys like Birch and Achiuwa are going to work "come playoff time", so I'm not sure what the issue is...

It's not as though the Raptors were legit contenders, and I'm suggesting they should've sacrificed that chance to contend to bring back DeRozan
DeRozan signed for 3 years @ 28.3m. With how emotional DeRozan got after being traded there is no way he would come back. He is not worth 28m for the raptors. Though he is worth more than Siakam who should never have been signed to that deal. (4 yr(s) / $136,905,216)

DeRozan was a good player that did as much as he could do in Toronto as did Casey. It took changing the coach and their best player in order to become champions. DeRozan would have never came back to Toronto.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
DeRozan signed for 3 years @ 28.3m. With how emotional DeRozan got after being traded there is no way he would come back. He is not worth 28m for the raptors. Though he is worth more than Siakam who should never have been signed to that deal. (4 yr(s) / $136,905,216)

DeRozan was a good player that did as much as he could do in Toronto as did Casey. It took changing the coach and their best player in order to become champions. DeRozan would have never came back to Toronto.

ESPN's Trade Machine has him at 26 million...

As for "DeRozan would have never came back"... it sounds like you're stating a fact, and not just giving your opinion, so who's your source? Got a link?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
ESPN's Trade Machine has him at 26 million...

As for "DeRozan would have never came back"... it sounds like you're stating a fact, and not just giving your opinion, so who's your source? Got a link?
It's a fact it took him a long time to get over being traded. Then they win a championship without you. No man in his right mind would go back to a team that traded you for someone better. For nostalgic reasons sure it would look great but realistically it was never going to happen.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
It's a fact it took him a long time to get over being traded. Then they win a championship without you. No man in his right mind would go back to a team that traded you for someone better. For nostalgic reasons sure it would look great but realistically it was never going to happen.

You keep presenting your opinion as if it's a fact...

Get back to me when you've got a quote from DeRozan on the matter

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
You keep presenting your opinion as if it's a fact...

Get back to me when you've got a quote from DeRozan on the matter
What are you even arguing? This has to be the dumbest conversation. You honestly think Derozan would come back to the team that got rid of him because he wasn't good enough for them? My opinion or not only a fool go go back with a girlfriend who dumped them for someone better. lol

Isn't this site about debating opinions?

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
What are you even arguing? This has to be the dumbest conversation. You honestly think Derozan would come back to the team that got rid of him because he wasn't good enough for them? My opinion or not only a fool go go back with a girlfriend who dumped them for someone better. lol

Isn't this site about debating opinions?

I've already said all I need to about the matter...

Reactions: Stylizer1

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
The Kawhi-Demar trade is looking more and more like a fat L for San Antonio.

- They didn't get any good young players (Poetl is a fringe starter at best)
- Demar led them nowhere (first round out and two missed playoffs for the first time this millennium) while taking on the rest of his expensive $140 million contract
- Kawhi and Green won rings with the Raptors meaning they could've done that with San Antonio had they all co-operated for one more year
- They didn't get a single draft pick after 2019 (imagine they got the Raps' 2021 pick they used to select someone like Scottie Barnes)
- Keldon Johnson has to turn out as good as Demar in order for this trade to not have been a major L imo if he's anything less than a good franchise player this trade will only continue to look worse for SAS

San Antonio should've tried trading with Boston or something cuz man with all due respect to Derozan, they got next to nothing for Kawhi if we're being honest especially since other teams were willing to offer much more. I know their hands were tied because he demanded a trade but for a top-tier superstar you have to get more than what they got for him

Last edited:
Reactions: Melrose Munch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad