Trade: [CHI/PHI] Jordan Howard for 2020 6th round pick

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Talk about selling low. Howard was a back to back 1000 yard rusher before Nagy took over.

A back like Howard in Pederson's system is gonna feast. Can catch, kick it outside and run between the tackles. Eagles couldn't do any better if they tried given the value.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Talk about selling low. Howard was a back to back 1000 yard rusher before Nagy took over.

A back like Howard in Pederson's system is gonna feast. Can catch, kick it outside and run between the tackles. Eagles couldn't do any better if they tried given the value.

He can't catch and can't really kick anything outside.

Despite that I do think he's a solid pickup for the Eagles. They'll use him in their rotation and he'll be fine.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
NFL trade prices usually seem weird to me but is a 5th or 6th the best you can get for a young running back that has a good résumé? Couldn't the Eagles potentially get a better pick with a compensatory pick if he leaves after the year?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
A pathetic trade from our embarrassment of a GM. Maybe tell your coach to utilize talent on roster and not be f***ing obsesses with his "System" and only his "System"

Congrats to Howard for going to an organization with top notch coaching and management

Last time Bears gave away a young talent because coaching wanted a better fit for system we gave away Greg Olsen and watched him become a star

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I would have hoped for a little more in return from the Bears perspective, but I'm fine with it. Howard is a nice RB, but he doesn't help in the pass game at all. Think he'll do ok with the Eagles, but the yards per carry has been headed in the wrong direction.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

He for sure can not catch and he's nothing special at kicking it outside.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

You’ll be awfully disappointed. Howard can’t catch or bounce outside, and he seems to be regressing rather than improving.

Still not a bad deal for philly in the sense they didn’t really give up much, though.

Reactions: m9

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
You’ll be awfully disappointed. Howard can’t catch or bounce outside, and he seems to be regressing rather than improving.

Still not a bad deal for philly in the sense they didn’t really give up much, though.
Final year of his rookie deal. A 6th won’t contribute much this season outside of special teams. Why not? Use him as part of a RB committee.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Final year of his rookie deal. A 6th won’t contribute much this season outside of special teams. Why not? Use him as part of a RB committee.

The problem the Bears has with him is what he actually does well didn’t fit with their scheme.... so it was usually painfully obvious what was going to happen when he was on the field.

Chances of drafting someone better than him in the 6th round are probably slim anyway, so next to no risk for Philly. Maybe they can utilize is skill set better than Nagy and the Bears did.

As a Bears fan I’m just glad he’s gone.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
No wonder the niners never worked out a deal with Philly. I would have gone nuts if they gave up Breida or MacKinnon for a 6th.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
No wonder the niners never worked out a deal with Philly. I would have gone nuts if they gave up Breida or MacKinnon for a 6th.
What’s the structure of the MacKinnon contract? Rookie deals outside round 1 are minimal hits to the cap. So Philly is making a low risk move with just a 6th round pick.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Howard comes with a cap hit of like under $1 million vs a few to several million for MacKinnon. Plus, he’s coming off an ACL.
Oh, I'm aware Philly got him for next to nothing while also having a great cap/cash hit. I still wouldn't have liked it if all the niners got for Mac was a 6th even with his contract.

I'd rather keep all 3 especially considering MacKinnon is coming off the acl tear and Breida is a walking sprained ankle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad