Proposal: CHI-NYR

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I'd probably do Saad for Namestnikov + Keane

I don't know how off that valuation is. Trades are not my strong suit.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
LMAO

If Chicago does this everyone in their organization should be fired. And I like Names.
This could be the basis of a deal. Pieces can be added.

From my point of view, Chicago should move Saad. He's become complacent here and doesn't mesh with our top 6 group. Namestnikov is comparable and could slot on the second line with Kane and Schmaltz. I think both players could use a shakeup by playing on different teams.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Names likely would play better with better talent. We saw that in Tampa. I don't think the Rangers move Keane.
Names and a 3rd sounds right. At 25yrs old, he might fit in well on this young rebuilding team.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The issue here is the extra year and extra money for Saad. I'm not sure I would want to pay that. As for players, I take Saad over Namestnikov, all day, every day.

Reactions: klingsor

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
This could be the basis of a deal. Pieces can be added.

From my point of view, Chicago should move Saad. He's become complacent here and doesn't mesh with our top 6 group. Namestnikov is comparable and could slot on the second line with Kane and Schmaltz. I think both players could use a shakeup by playing on different teams.
Chicago better get a lot more than that for saad

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Rangers for sure add quite a bit but I’m not really interested in acquiring Saad.

Reactions: Nickmo82

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
good idea

then they can trade DeBrincat when they decide they want him back again

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Neither team really has a reason to do this. Rangers get a worse contract with more term, without any incentive to do so. Saad is probably the better player but Saad isnt going to make the Rangers contenders, so there is no point to add to Namestnikov for the player.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
What about him + Joey Keane who was a third round pick?

No, Keane is looking like a solid pick. For a team that is in need of future defenders, he's sure one of them.

I'd say Names and a 3rd or 4th should do it, but neither team should do this trade. NYR won't, they're in tank mode.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->