Confirmed Trade: [CHI/NYR] Darren Raddysh for Peter Holland

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Its an AHL trade.
Peter Holland is the only top 25 pick from the Ducks to be a bust since 2008-present.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
You're probably right but I take the younger guy in these types of trades every day.
You also have to consider your other players in the AHL that you are trying to develop. They have Jokiharju there (and the team started coming together when he got sent down there) who you think has top pairing upside. Crawford is coming back shortly so Delia (who Blackhawks brass consider the goalie of the future) will be headed back down there as well.

Would you rather hold out the slim hope that Raddysh turns into a bottom pairing defender at one of your greater positional depth areas or move him to help fill your biggest AHL need (Holland is a top scorer in the AHL) and try and get your key prospects some much needed pro hockey playoff experience?

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Good for both teams. Raddysh has a better chance to make something of himself in NYR system. Was too far down the depth chart in Chicago. Holland is a great AHL player.

Basically a nothing trade that helps both players and teams out

Reactions: Kevin Musto

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Stan is collecting previous first round picks.

Strome
Perlini
Koekkoek
Holland

There is a good chance a lot of these guys were mismanaged. At one point there was a lot of potential. Plus he isn’t giving up much to see if there can still be a spark. Like the idea

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Good gamble, albeit a small gamble. Raddysh has a solid defensive game. Think he's about on par with O'Gara. Good for Holland, who gets a shot at the Calder Cup. Gives an opportunity for guys like Lias, Gettinger, Fontaine a better chance for top line play. Also, could lead to Ronning staying with Hartford for the year.

Positive moves!! :thumbu:

Peeps

May 24, 2017
Raddysh is a flourishing prospect, while Holland is clearly an AHL star/4th line NHLer.

For me, it's a bad trade for CHI. A good and super low risk one for NYR.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Why’s Hartford getting rid of our good offensive players? First we trade Schneider for Brickley, Schneider is much better at the AHL level. Now Holland for Raddysh (a dman)
Rangers maybe adding young forward prospects in the AHL at the TDL?
I mean I like this deal as Raddysh still has a bit of NHL potential in him and he’s a RHD but still weird

raddysh brings good offense from the blue line though

i guess they already get that from gilmour

idk i think raddysh is eventually going to be an nhler

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Why’s Hartford getting rid of our good offensive players? First we trade Schneider for Brickley, Schneider is much better at the AHL level. Now Holland for Raddysh (a dman)
Rangers maybe adding young forward prospects in the AHL at the TDL?
I mean I like this deal as Raddysh still has a bit of NHL potential in him and he’s a RHD but still weird
I see why the Rangers did it, but at the same time, we really need to start giving more of a f*** about our AHL team.

They might be the worst-run team in the AHL which is astounding given our resources.

Reactions: leetch99

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I see why the Rangers did it, but at the same time, we really need to start giving more of a **** about our AHL team.

They might be the worst-run team in the AHL which is astounding given our resources.

Bergevin signs a bunch of good ahl vets then plays them up in the NHL for most of the season.

Bergevin sucks at helping the AHL team.

feffan

Sep 9, 2010
Malmö
I tend to agree, but the age difference is why I don't get this deal.

You take the 10% chance on Raddysh turning out to be a long term 3rd pairing guy vs the 0.01% chance Holland figures it out at age 28.

Roster/contract spot next season to a better prospect + good playoff AHL-team is better for the development of all the prospects there.

So basically it´s giving up a very low perecentage prospect for giving the other prospects in Rockford a greater experience with hopefully good playoffs and adding a veteran player who is one of the best in AHL and knows what it takes to be in the NHL.

I agree that on first look it´s a strange one for the Hawks, but it actually makes much sense. An winning AHL-culture with good veteran presence is very important for prospects.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Stan is collecting previous first round picks.

Strome
Perlini
Koekkoek
Holland

There is a good chance a lot of these guys were mismanaged. At one point there was a lot of potential. Plus he isn’t giving up much to see if there can still be a spark. Like the idea

That is the same modus operandi as Garth Snow. Just saying...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->