Confirmed Trade: [CHI/NYR] Darren Raddysh for Peter Holland

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Holland was taken 1 pick before Nick Leddy, 4 before Kreider, 9 before Johansson, 11 before Palmieri and 17 picks before Ryan O'Reilly.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Interesting.

Wonder why the Blackhawks did this because Raddysh seemed like a quietly good prospect.

I really don’t think Raddysh is ever gonna be an NHL player. Reminds me a bit of Clendenning as he is probably gonna be too good for the AHL yet not good enough to be a regular NHL player. Plus we have an absolute log jam of much better RHD prospects.

The ice hogs are in a playoff race and don’t score a lot of goals. Holland should be a big help for the hogs and it opens up a slot on d if they want to send Forsling down for the playoffs.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Holland was taken 1 pick before Nick Leddy, 4 before Kreider, 9 before Johansson, 11 before Palmieri and 17 picks before Ryan O'Reilly.

Busts happen.

What's your team ?

I'm a Habs fan, we picked Leblanc 3 picks after Holland... and have a couple of busts in the last decades...

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I really don’t think Raddysh is ever gonna be an NHL player. Reminds me a bit of Clendenning as he is probably gonna be too good for the AHL yet not good enough to be a regular NHL player. Plus we have an absolute log jam of much better RHD prospects.

The ice hogs are in a playoff race and don’t score a lot of goals. Holland should be a big help for the hogs and it opens up a slot on d if they want to send Forsling down for the playoffs.

I tend to agree, but the age difference is why I don't get this deal.

You take the 10% chance on Raddysh turning out to be a long term 3rd pairing guy vs the 0.01% chance Holland figures it out at age 28.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Why’s Hartford getting rid of our good offensive players? First we trade Schneider for Brickley, Schneider is much better at the AHL level. Now Holland for Raddysh (a dman)
Rangers maybe adding young forward prospects in the AHL at the TDL?
I mean I like this deal as Raddysh still has a bit of NHL potential in him and he’s a RHD but still weird

Reactions: Machinehead

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I tend to agree, but the age difference is why I don't get this deal.

You take the 10% chance on Raddysh turning out to be a long term 3rd pairing guy vs the 0.01% chance Holland figures it out at age 28.
I don’t even think there’s a 10% chance at him becoming a 3rd pairing guy. With the Blackhawks that chance is even slimmer because they have the best collection of RHD prospects in the league. This was all a minor league move.

Reactions: wetcoast

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Why’s Hartford getting rid of our good offensive players? First we trade Schneider for Brickley, Schneider is much better at the AHL level. Now Holland for Raddysh (a dman)
I mean I like this deal as Raddysh still has a bit of NHL potential in him and he’s a RHD but still weird

Holland is a pending UFA... maybe Raddysh can beat the odds and play on a 3rd pair, but he's worth it even if he's cheap RD depth.

I don't think the Rangers are all that concerned about the offense of their already awful AHL team. They'll hopefully retool it a bit for next season.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
New York: Hey Tampa how can we help you out this season
Tampa: Well we don't need much but re-uniting the Raddysh brothers might be a good idea
New York: No problem, we'll get the ball rolling

Reactions: egelband

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Yeah, Holland was easily Hartford's best forward and one of the best forwards in the entire AHL.

Rangers desperately needed RD for Hartford, and Raddysh is one of the better young RHD in the AHL.

Reactions: wetcoast

Sinkkunaattori

Go Waffles Go
Aug 5, 2011
and-here-we-go.jpg

Didn't even know Pistol Pete was still in the league, oh how I miss Leafs 1st line center Pistol Pete.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Holland is expiring. This frees up a roster spot. Hawks have a few prospects (Mitchell, Krys, Kurashev, maybe Kayumov) to sign this off season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->